Reload this Page >

Idiot proof timeline/flowcharts

Idiot proof timeline/flowcharts

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 3:44 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Idiot proof timeline/flowcharts

Hi everyone,

When I embarked on this procress (K1), one really handy thing to have would of been step by step flowcharts. Idiot proof diagrams, as i think its good to visualise things.

I'm thinking of putting these together and asking whether Visajourney will add them to their site, and BEX. As far as i'm aware nothing else like this is in existence.

Anyway this is a rough mockup (i know the information needs ammending) that I would like some feedback on, style, design, information and what might need to be added.

http://angiesandjames.europe.webmatr...1flowchart.gif

If people can help with details I will create a K-1, K-2, K-3 etc.

Cheers

James
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 3:59 pm
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Idiot proof timeline/flowcharts

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Hi everyone,

When I embarked on this procress (K1), one really handy thing to have would of been step by step flowcharts. Idiot proof diagrams, as i think its good to visualise things.

I'm thinking of putting these together and asking whether Visajourney will add them to their site, and BEX. As far as i'm aware nothing else like this is in existence.

Anyway this is a rough mockup (i know the information needs ammending) that I would like some feedback on, style, design, information and what might need to be added.

Cheers

James
I know I would find it helpful, James. Ya might want to up the font size a little, though.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

James -

I think the flowchart idea is brilliant!

Would love to help with the K3 process. Please send a PM. What program did you create it in?

My comments on the K1 flowchart are:
- would you add the stuff that happens after you enter the US (AOS/AP/EAD) here or in a separate chart?
- I think there should be some discussion (like something that goes off to the side) of RFE's...
- what about the fact that timelines vary so much? it took us 4 weeks to receive NOA1
- other things vary too (Packet 4, where Packet 3 is sent) - not sure how to address that...
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 4:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

There are charts for K-1 to add their timelines, etc. Just as there are ones for POE's. Not sure if you have looked at all the resources available.

Regardless, I'm sure whatever work you do to improve either existing sites and/or start up of new ones, would be applauded by all.

Rete

Hi everyone,

Cheers

James
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 4:29 pm
Jay-S

The whole thing is a bit too small. Not very easy to read on a screen
(it's probably better when printed out)

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:44:24 +0000, mcjimbo <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Hi everyone,
    >When I embarked on this procress (K1), one really handy thing to have
    >would of been step by step flowcharts. Idiot proof diagrams, as i think
    >its good to visualise things.
    >I'm thinking of putting these together and asking whether Visajourney
    >will add them to their site, and BEX. As far as i'm aware nothing else
    >like this is in existence.
    >Anyway this is a rough mockup (i know the information needs ammending)
    >that I would like some feedback on, style, design, information and what
    >might need to be added.
    >]http://angiesandjames.europe.webmatr...ges/k1flowcha-
    >rt.gif[/url]
    >If people can help with details I will create a K-1, K-2, K-3 etc.
    >Cheers
    >James

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

I think it's a good idea and a good start. I noticed right away that you left out the NVC's part of things between Steps 4 and 5. It's really the NVC which sends the file to the embassy/consulate. Although the consulates vary on how they do things in the last several steps, it's good as a general outline.

Hi everyone,

Cheers

James
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 4:47 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

James,

Look for an e-mail from me.

Regards, JEff

Hi everyone,

Cheers

James
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 5:06 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Hay! That is really cool and most helpful. If you want to email it to me in a larger file so that it is more clear I can convert it to a Adobe pdf file, which will be easier for people to read.

Scott
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

add in the chance for an RFE.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 5:13 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions, here is a html version:

http://www.angieandjames.com/k1/k1.htm
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:19 pm

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
James,

Look for an e-mail from me.

Regards, JEff
Will do. As mentioned this is a rough mockup, i know timescales and some information needs refinement. Thats why it would be good to get the community involved providing me the correct steps/timescales.

I would plan to add stuff like work permit at POE, AOS etc...

Cheers

Last edited by mcjimbo; Jan 23rd 2004 at 11:21 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:23 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I think it looks really good. Nice work.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 12:34 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

Cheers

James
When John and I started this process a year ago, I used to love looking at others timeline to see what to expect. I know blips happen to everyone but it woudl be nice to look at a step by step flowchart. Our process seemed to go quickly thru Vermont service center Good luck James

Cindy & John
Old Jan 24th 2004, 12:37 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road

Nice Flow chart by the way!!!! I printed it out

Cindy & John
Old Jan 24th 2004, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

...If people can help with details I will create a K-1, K-2, K-3 etc...
I did make one for my K3 when I was grappling with the ins and outs of it all. It needs to be updated because armed with 5 months worth of extra knowledge it's not 100% accurate. Will post later when I've updated it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.