Wikiposts

The ideal solution

Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The ideal solution

If I could put the clock back probably never have had the idea of friggin moving to Aus in the first place!!!

Saying that wish I hadnt moaned and groaned about it all the time I was there and taken it all in pace (if you know what I mean), missed out on a lot of stuff there as I thought I was really home sick for UK. Came back and realised what a shitty time I put my family through while being there wish I'd stuck it out longer and listened more to friends and family.

Talk about feeling like a blimmin ping ponger

Oh yeh and had a magic door to open to see my daughter there and here whenever I wanted!!!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The ideal solution

Originally Posted by backagen
That's a very interesting point. I don't really know how I would have managed if it hadn't been for phone, email, internet etc. However I have to say unfortunately my family in UK almost never use these things anyway, even my grandparents never phone me even though they get free landline calls to Australia.

That causes me a great deal of distress, and I have told them that many many times, but they just won't. If I want to speak to them, it has to be me that phones.

Nevertheless I am extremely grateful in a way that there is that ability to communicate.
Now thats interesting you see because its the same with me i have always been the one to keep the communication going and ocasionally 2 of my brothers will ring me but not that often. But i do seriously thing that if we had had skype texting and email in the earlier years i would have found it quite unsettling....
Cally
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

I think some people will always move hither and tither and be unhappy wherever they live always looking for the perfect life which does not exist. We always remember the good things about places and the bad dim in our memory. The reasons we do things also dims.

My mum spent most of her life wanting to be back in the UK returned several times and actually lived there for a couple of years but she returned. People had changed family had changed it was not like she remembered.

I lived in four different countries with my parents looking for that elusive shangrila. They had no reason to leave the UK in the first place, good jobs, lovely village life I was on only child then.

When I married and returned to live in the UK with my husband I hated it even though we have such a large family there, I felt out of my pond and it was difficult to make friends and I missed my friends and I hated everything about it. After a while I began to like it and settled and everything went along very nicely. We then returned to live in Australia as my husband never wanted to stay in the UK. I actually hated it here when I returned and compared it and wished I was back in the UK, but with time I settled and I love it now. When we go for holidays now I am always happy once the plane sets down at Melbourne Airport I am home.

You see there is no perfect place its what we make of it and how we perceive it and my life is with my immediate family now my husband and children and I would be happy anywhere with them.

Other people other family are just that they have their own lives and when we are out of their lives for a while they are so pleased to see us and make a big fuss but that wears off after a couple of weeks and they return to their lives and their friends, families etc and you are included in that.

Rose tinted glasses should be banned.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 8:24 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Magic Wand...

Get Australia moved to somewhere between Portugal and the Caribbean.

Give the east coast of Canada a warm winter climate -- like 20 degrees-- so we could winter there and do spring and summer in England. Don't want to switch the English winter that much because mostly I like England the way it is.

And yes, move it a bit so it's a shorter flight and less time difference. Come to think of it, have regular passenger ship sailings from Halifax to Portsmouth so we could laze our way back and forth.

Bev
Old Nov 10th 2008, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4Margaret
I think some people will always move hither and tither and be unhappy wherever they live always looking for the perfect life which does not exist. We always remember the good things about places and the bad dim in our memory. The reasons we do things also dims.

My mum spent most of her life wanting to be back in the UK returned several times and actually lived there for a couple of years but she returned. People had changed family had changed it was not like she remembered.

I lived in four different countries with my parents looking for that elusive shangrila. They had no reason to leave the UK in the first place, good jobs, lovely village life I was on only child then.

When I married and returned to live in the UK with my husband I hated it even though we have such a large family there, I felt out of my pond and it was difficult to make friends and I missed my friends and I hated everything about it. After a while I began to like it and settled and everything went along very nicely. We then returned to live in Australia as my husband never wanted to stay in the UK. I actually hated it here when I returned and compared it and wished I was back in the UK, but with time I settled and I love it now. When we go for holidays now I am always happy once the plane sets down at Melbourne Airport I am home.

You see there is no perfect place its what we make of it and how we perceive it and my life is with my immediate family now my husband and children and I would be happy anywhere with them.

Other people other family are just that they have their own lives and when we are out of their lives for a while they are so pleased to see us and make a big fuss but that wears off after a couple of weeks and they return to their lives and their friends, families etc and you are included in that.

Rose tinted glasses should be banned.
A very good general point you make. There is no perfect life or perfect place to live. Everywhere is s**t!

No, maybe that's a little harsh! But seriously rose tinted glasses are a very bad thing and a lot of people do wear them too often.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by backagen
A very good general point you make. There is no perfect life or perfect place to live. Everywhere is s**t!