Wikiposts

Icky Day

Old Oct 1st 2007, 12:33 am
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Icky Day

Originally Posted by laudie
Sounds like me. I keep not wanting to renew my lease because I will then feel 'stuck'. I think I have done everything I can at this location and feel a big change coming on. That lonesome feeling of missing home and the pride of being British is a bit like a fever. I think my plan is to figure it all out by March as well and just do it. You are not alone!
This is exactly it. Before I figured out what was wrong (wanting to go home) I couldn't understand why I was always weepy and angry all the time. Everything I disliked about here was magnified a million times, and once I got to the bottom of it, and admitted to myself that I needed to go home, I felt like a massive weight was lifted.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 12:35 am
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TaraC
Hi Kate;

With all the planning to do, March will be here soon, I promise. It goes so much faster than you think. I wish you so much luck, and let me know as soon as you get here. We'll meet at the pub and have a few.

tara
We'll do that!

Yah, I woke up this morning and realized it's October already. Shat myself! Only a few more months to go. Should be booking my flight pretty soon, when I can get the pennies together.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:20 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
We'll do that!

Yah, I woke up this morning and realized it's October already. Shat myself! Only a few more months to go. Should be booking my flight pretty soon, when I can get the pennies together.
D'you have a wall calendar and a big, thick marker to put a cross through "today" every morning? That might feel good.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 12:35 am
Former Floridian

Originally Posted by dunroving
D'you have a wall calendar and a big, thick marker to put a cross through "today" every morning? That might feel good.

Oddly, that actually makes me feel like I'm waiting for a pot to boil. I find the time goes faster when I don't look at the timeframe for a week or so, then when I do and realize another week has gone by, my excited feelings come back all over again! I'm a bit strange like that....
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

We'll do that!

I was so shocked during the last month. Went from having all the time in the world to major rush. looking forward to meeting you -- let me know when your flight is booked.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

USAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder why the homesickness hits you worse on some days more than others?

I want to go home.
I relate to this. I still maintain that I am not homesick and my OH says the same - we don't even dislike where we live. What started as a passing comment 'do you think we will ever move back to the UK?' set a seed that has grown and grown over the past couple of months. But it is not as though it has steadily become a stronger consideration with each passing day, it really is a thought that is easy to live with some days and almost debilitating on others... I can only describe it like a small quiet whisper in the back of your head that you are slightly aware of to a loud shouting voice forcing it's way to the front of your mind and refuses to be ignored! Wow - isn't hearing voices a sign that you are losing it?! ha ha LOL
As for triggers, I can see something on the telly or perhaps I just glance at a photo on the side and think back to when it was taken but mostly I feel it when I e-mail with friends in London and it sends me down memory lane and the thought of that part of my life, that part of me never being 'alive' again has me wanting to be in the UK.
I hope you have a good break with a few 'easy' days before the next icky one creeps up again.