Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I want to Hear your story.... How did you end up on MBTTUK?

I want to Hear your story.... How did you end up on MBTTUK?

Old Jun 25th 2009, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to Hear your story.... How did you end up on MBTTUK?

I ended up in here because they told me there would be cake.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

The cake is a lie !!

And Quoll maybe we should abscond together
Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

The cake is a lie !!
Well I know that now But they were so nice about it I decided to stick around.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:09 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Graham and Maria
I live in MBTTUK because I wanna desperately go home but my wife dosnt, I skulk around here torturing myself by reading other peoples going home stories, sad eh?

When she finally gets fed up of the place and we set the wheels in motion my post in here will have bigger fancier fonts then yours, then I can leave this forum a happy man

ROFL... I love to use fonts... Sad but true, I'm the one who uses the 'stationary' on her emails. Oh Yeah!!
When I was a girl I had a feather topped pink fountain pen, and wrote with purple ink! I also used the really fancy writing paper with fab prints in the background!!
I'm the annoying person who puts sparkles in your b'day/Christmas cards so that they fall on the floor when you open them!!!!
[/I]
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:11 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I ended up in here because they told me there would be cake.
I make a mean Cyber cake! Sour Cream chocolate cake anyone!????
Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Graham and Maria
And Quoll maybe we should abscond together
LOL that sounds like a plan! I've got the Lotto ticket for Tuesday - that should be a good start!
Old Jun 27th 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally
I realise that you've all probably said it all before and it exists somewhere in the bowels of this forum, but, I'd really like to hear everyone's story, Please!

This is mine.
Even though I've not gone back yet, I know that it WILL happen I think that it's been a toughie for us because 9 months in there's still no work for hubby. My contract ends soon and I've got nothing coming up. We've spent such a large chunk of money on the visa and getting here, I feel that I just can't sit here and watch the rest of our life savings disappear until we've nothing left and no way to get back out of this situation we find ourselves in.

Hubby convinced himself that the recession isn't as bad here as it is in the UK and yet was offered work back there and not here, in spite of applying for 100's of jobs, without even getting an interview... the only work he did since arriving was being a steward for 3 days at Clipsal in the summer not exactly skilled work!
Perhaps I would feel differently if We'd both found work, who knows?

So now we are a family divided by 12,000 miles as he works in the UK and I stay here, which doesn't make me a happy bunny AT ALL!

I felt a bit homesick before, but now it is becoming all consuming.... I confess, I've had the dog rabies vaccinated (just in case ) and it's taking a lot of self control NOT to start packing up the house!!

Oh my, fancy seeing you in here. I think you already know my story. Here's a little refresher in case you've forgotten: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=542822&page=4

Funny how life turns out isn't it? Gotta love karma
Old Jun 27th 2009, 10:04 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

seems I was or is psychic, I should charge someone a tenner
Old Jun 27th 2009, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Possums
seems I was or is psychic, I should charge someone a tenner
as its already being pointed out to you on an earlier post everybody on here who has emigrated has done so looking for a better life, we were all you once upon a time. But until you live here yourself how can you make a comment on how people feel? for some it works, for some it doesnt.

Your simplist view may be true, of course they have the choice to do so but could you imagine leaving your children in another country? Or leaving your husband?

I really hope your new life in Oz works for you and that we are not reading a disatisfied/homesick post from you in a years time, especially if your OH loves it here... but then you will have the choice to leave him and come back won't you.

Pretty spot on I'd say Possums. Now, what numbers for this week's lottery?! There's a tenner in it for you!
Old Jun 27th 2009, 10:38 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
as its already being pointed out to you on an earlier post everybody on here who has emigrated has done so looking for a better life, we were all you once upon a time. But until you live here yourself how can you make a comment on how people feel? for some it works, for some it doesnt.

Your simplist view may be true, of course they have the choice to do so but could you imagine leaving your children in another country? Or leaving your husband?

I really hope your new life in Oz works for you and that we are not reading a disatisfied/homesick post from you in a years time, especially if your OH loves it here... but then you will have the choice to leave him and come back won't you.

Pretty spot on I'd say Possums. Now, what numbers for this week's lottery?! There's a tenner in it for you!
just make sure no 42 is in there, its the answer to everything
Old Jun 28th 2009, 2:51 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you'd do with your winnings!

And who the hell let YOU back in here?
Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:14 am
Ping pong PoM

Well Hello Rabsody
I find I am repeating myself.....
It was never personal, merely an observation of the world at large. I don't do personal slanging matches and i don't engage in mindless name calling. I have no wish to spend my energies in that way.

I still don't believe in Karma either, superstitious twaddle....

I choose to come on the forum and I choose to ruminate over my decision, because I can, and sometimes, hearing others thoughts can help you make the best choice, because it causes you to see other aspects and potential consequences that might have gone unnoticed. Rash decisions are always the most dangerous sort
. I am responsible for everything that I say, everything I do and the consequences that follow. Whilst I may not be wholly happy with the current situation... I chose it, because I wasn't willing to accept the consequences of the other options open to me.

I already feel better because I've made my choice for now at least!

Last edited by alipally; Jun 28th 2009 at 4:20 am.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I know what you'd do with your winnings!

And who the hell let YOU back in here?
Someone who should have known better!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alipally
Well Hello Rabsody
I find I am repeating myself.....
It was never personal, merely an observation of the world at large. I don't do personal slanging matches and i don't engage in mindless name calling. I have no wish to spend my energies in that way.

I still don't believe in Karma either, superstitious twaddle....

I choose to come on the forum and I choose to ruminate over my decision, because I can, and sometimes, hearing others thoughts can help you make the best choice, because it causes you to see other aspects and potential consequences that might have gone unnoticed. Rash decisions are always the most dangerous sort
. I am responsible for everything that I say, everything I do and the consequences that follow. Whilst I may not be wholly happy with the current situation... I chose it, because I wasn't willing to accept the consequences of the other options open to me.

I already feel better because I've made my choice for now at least!
Hello Alipally

I'm not engaging in name calling or slanging matches. Just hoping you have learnt that things are not always as cut and dried as you thought 12 months ago, that's all. It's not a nice place to be in and I hope you can work it out.

Rab
Old Jun 28th 2009, 11:02 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Someone who should have known better!
Well i am glad to see you. Missed you xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.