Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I thought i had a good topic ????

I thought i had a good topic ????

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light
Default I thought i had a good topic ????

I made a post here asking if anyone was moving back to the UK and if they needed a place to rent.

This was followed up with several posts saying what a good idea, we should do more of this !!!!

Well my post has been deleted and told that i must put my property in the classifieds section.

Well i've been there and i can see that no-one uses it, so it looks like i put it in the right place in the first place.

Sorry to have a go but i thought this site was developed to help people who were either moving to or from the UK ???
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I thought i had a good topic ????

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
I made a post here asking if anyone was moving back to the UK and if they needed a place to rent.

This was followed up with several posts saying what a good idea, we should do more of this !!!!

Well my post has been deleted and told that i must put my property in the classifieds section.

Well i've been there and i can see that no-one uses it, so it looks like i put it in the right place in the first place.

Sorry to have a go but i thought this site was developed to help people who were either moving to or from the UK ???

hi stu, i think if you post it in here it has to go in the signature line but not sure why. maybe ask in the site feedback forum and you'll get some answers.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

No you didn't 'put it in the right place in the first place'. These forums are for discussion and not for advertising...we have a separate forum for that called the Classifieds. Can you imagine what the forums would look like if advertising was allowed? You can put a link in your signature to your ad in the Classifieds if you wish.

BTW if you wish to discuss a moderators' actions please abide by the site rules and PM the mod concerned or admin. Many thanks.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 22nd 2008 at 10:25 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

There was plenty of response stating "what a good idea !'
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 12:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

There was plenty of response stating "what a good idea !'
And there were reports in my inbox asking why you could advertise your property when adverts have to go in the classifieds section. Hence I had to delete it.

If we allow people to advertise their property on here we would end up with an advertising forum not a discussion forum, and we would also have a lot of Real Estate agents posting here - like the three that I had to delete yesterday.

If you put your property in the classifieds section you can have a link to the advert in your signature, which will then appear on all of your posts. You also can have a link below your username to your classifieds bit.

I'm sorry that you don't agree with the policy, but it has to be one rule for all. If you have any further issues please take them up with Sue.