I think we're done

Old May 19th 2013, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice
Default Re: I think we're done

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Yeah all in hand, plenty of time. Baby is due mid Dec, we will fly July time. Max weeks varies from airline to airline but general rule seems to be for a single pregnancy with no complications then up to 28-30wks is fine, after that you need a Drs note up to 35-36wks then no go after that.

We'll fly business class with a stop over in Seoul, so hopefully will not be too uncomfortable for her.

I don't think we'll fly anywhere after the baby is born, I haven't sat down the back of a plane in the last 10yrs, don't intend t start now
Hi! Just a quick point re flying when pregnant. I did this a couple of years ago back to UK. Whilst airlines state you can fly later I couldn't get travel insurance beyond 26 weeks and I still needed a letter from my Dr. Congratulations on your news though and good luck with everything, exciting times for you Jo x
Old May 25th 2013, 5:12 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I don't venture down these parts much so imagine my surprise to find this fantastic news for you and Mrs T. I am so very pleased for you both and wish you every bit of love and luck in the world in this next chapter xxx
Old May 26th 2013, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the best wishes everyone

We are currently chilling out looking at the ocean from our hotel room on Pismo Beach, California.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of an update. Was contacted by an agent for a role in Crawley whilst we were in the US. Had an interview yesterday and I've been called back to see the 'big cheese' next Tues. The role is a pretty good one, and whilst I haven't been offered it yet, it has caused a few discussions

Personally I still think long term our future is Oz, and the danger is at our age if we stay here for a few more years then maybe returning will be even harder. Have to think hard.

On the good news front, 13 wk scans and blood tests all came back good
Old Jun 12th 2013, 8:50 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Hard decision. Let us know what you and your wife decide. Stay or go stay or go, it's so hard!
Old Jun 12th 2013, 11:12 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of an update. Was contacted by an agent for a role in Crawley whilst we were in the US. Had an interview yesterday and I've been called back to see the 'big cheese' next Tues. The role is a pretty good one, and whilst I haven't been offered it yet, it has caused a few discussions

Personally I still think long term our future is Oz, and the danger is at our age if we stay here for a few more years then maybe returning will be even harder. Have to think hard.

On the good news front, 13 wk scans and blood tests all came back good
Fab news about the scan. Good luck for the Crawley interview. Hope your pregnant wife is ok, the clock is ticking. Especially as she has got, 'baby on board'. Air travel is a drag at the best of times, least of all when pregnant. (I assume as I've travelled but I've never been pregnant. I just OD on chocolate as I don't have to send the end result to school.)
Old Jun 13th 2013, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Fab news about the scan. Good luck for the Crawley interview. Hope your pregnant wife is ok, the clock is ticking. Especially as she has got, 'baby on board'. Air travel is a drag at the best of times, least of all when pregnant. (I assume as I've travelled but I've never been pregnant. I just OD on chocolate as I don't have to send the end result to school.)

Thanks, still unsure what to do even if I get offered the role. Flying will be ok, we are old hands at that (Syd-UK return 23 times now, anything over 7hrs and we always go BC. She is very small anyway so a BC seat is like a football field to her

Once we make the decision then we'll just get on and do it, as Dunroving says, we've done it a few times and it's just a question 'pressing the button'. Everything is still valid in Oz, accts, Medicare cards, driving licences so we'll just need to select a furnished place for a while until container turns up and by that time should be in work.

for the AUD to continue to slide.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Tr1boy, wow, what a situation! All I can say is good luck, with the interview and your return to Oz and the birth of your baby. All good stuff, all the best!
Old Jun 14th 2013, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, still unsure what to do even if I get offered the role. Flying will be ok, we are old hands at that (Syd-UK return 23 times now, anything over 7hrs and we always go BC. She is very small anyway so a BC seat is like a football field to her

Once we make the decision then we'll just get on and do it, as Dunroving says, we've done it a few times and it's just a question 'pressing the button'. Everything is still valid in Oz, accts, Medicare cards, driving licences so we'll just need to select a furnished place for a while until container turns up and by that time should be in work.

for the AUD to continue to slide.
Wow your both going to have your very own "Aussie" (if you return) well done to you both and best wishes to whatever you both decide and you certainly will not need to do Tri's anymore with a little one to look after.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Redgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to allRedgal is a name known to all

Congratulations! That's great news! Used to race tri's myself before having kids. Wishing you and your growing family all the best wherever you end up.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the baby.....I hope you really think about your parents and how your Mum really feels about you leaving. I dont know if your wife has family in the UK but it is worth spending just a little time thinking into the future and how your parents are aging. They dont always say what they really think. They must be thrilled about the baby.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Congratulations on the baby.....I hope you really think about your parents and how your Mum really feels about you leaving. I dont know if your wife has family in the UK but it is worth spending just a little time thinking into the future and how your parents are aging. They dont always say what they really think. They must be thrilled about the baby.
I'm pretty sure I know how my family feels and I don't need a lesson in what to think.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by trottytrue
I'm pretty sure I know how my family feels and I don't need a lesson in what to think.
Ouch. That was a little harsh Tr1boy. Trottytrue made her point very eloquently I thought.

Could it be that somewhere in the back of your mind maybe, a spark of a guilty conscience prompted you to respond in that manner?

Of course I have no idea of your particular family dynamic and I'm coming from a position of having just gone through hell and high water to get my disabled, non-EU spouse into the UK so that I can be home look after my aged father.
I am, admittedly, very biased regarding our responsibility towards our parents well-being as they age.

Just a thought.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Tr1boy..I do apologise I didnt mean to make you angry. My intention was not to give you a lesson on how you think. Perhaps I didnt explain myself properly. When I came to the US I didnt think about the consequences of leaving behind an aging parent I was so full of the excitement of the moment. But as the years progressed and my Mother became ill and needed help I felt very guilty that the rest of the family were doing everything and I could do very little from abroad. My Father died when my eldest son was just a baby and we were still in the UK so he got to see him and the joy of holding him for a few short months but my Mother had been left alone and I just wished I had thought about that.
I suppose I was thinking of myself and wishing someone had sat me down and talked to me about how I would feel in the future . I am sure you have thought this out fully .
I wish you all the best on your new journey with your child and hope you understand I was not intending my comment as a lesson.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Trottytrue,

I just wanted to say I understood where you were coming from. Its always hard to convey tone in our messages but I definitely read it as being something you wish you had given more thought to not that you thought Tr1boy hadn't. I think anyone with kindness and empathy always wants to share their own regrets, mistakes, learning experiences etc. to maybe save someone else from regret.

Maybe your post wasn't one that Tr1boy felt he needed or that applied to him but so many people read these threads and by sharing your experience you may be helping someone else without knowing it, so thank you for caring enough to post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.