British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   I like it here - I think I'll stay! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/i-like-here-i-think-ill-stay-566691/)

3 go mad in Adelaide Oct 12th 2008 1:38 pm

I like it here - I think I'll stay!

In the Rovers I mean! :rofl: Something Nu-Shooz said about everyone going home and 'leaving' her (:blink:) made me think about what I will do when I've gone home.

But you guys have really become like friends to me (in fact some are!) and I have told you things I haven't been able to tell anyone else. I like the Rovers and MBTTUK and am NEVER leaving, even when I do get home. So you're stuck with me - Mwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what are you lot gonna do?

Elaine B. Oct 12th 2008 5:12 pm

Re: I like it here - I think I'll stay!

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide (Post 6867578)
In the Rovers I mean! :rofl: Something Nu-Shooz said about everyone going home and 'leaving' her (:blink:) made me think about what I will do when I've gone home.

But you guys have really become like friends to me (in fact some are!) and I have told you things I haven't been able to tell anyone else. I like the Rovers and MBTTUK and am NEVER leaving, even when I do get home. So you're stuck with me - Mwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well as you can see even though I'm back home and happy with life I still hang around here so I'm not leaving either:thumbsup:

Merseygirl Oct 13th 2008 8:55 am

You nearly had me worried by the title of the thread! I thought you were about to leave MBTTUK and migrate to 'The Barbie':blink:

Nu-Shooz Oct 13th 2008 9:02 am

Hi my dear;)
I'm just feeling really shitty at the mo. Nothing going right, i feel cursed:blink:

But like you say, we all think and feel each others pain in here, it's a place to chill and feel human:D

islandergirl Oct 13th 2008 9:13 am

Yikes- I thought for a minute there you had turned into a Stepford Wife!

I will post an update, but I'm not sure if I will come as often.

Maybe there should be a new forum for Ex-Expats...?

3 go mad in Adelaide Oct 15th 2008 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Merseygirl (Post 6869428)
You nearly had me worried by the title of the thread! I thought you were about to leave MBTTUK and migrate to 'The Barbie':blink:

Ha,ha,ha (she starts to sing...) 'That'll be the day!'

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz (Post 6869441)
Hi my dear;)
I'm just feeling really shitty at the mo. Nothing going right, i feel cursed:blink:

But like you say, we all think and feel each others pain in here, it's a place to chill and feel human:D

Sending hugs hun ((((hugs))))

Originally Posted by islandergirl (Post 6869479)
Yikes- I thought for a minute there you had turned into a Stepford Wife!

I will post an update, but I'm not sure if I will come as often.

Maybe there should be a new forum for Ex-Expats...?

Nah, I'll always be a cigarettes & alcohol kinda girl!:thumbsup:

Like the idea of the ex-expats though - I think we should call it 'The Priory' (I think we might need rehab by then! ;))

islandergirl Oct 15th 2008 8:19 pm

The Priory - love it!

I may drink less in the UK, as I don't like beverages served at room temperature or with a single wee melty ice cube - I have been converted to the Aussie way - but only in that respect!

3 go mad in Adelaide Oct 15th 2008 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by islandergirl (Post 6878914)
The Priory - love it!

I may drink less in the UK, as I don't like beverages served at room temperature or with a single wee melty ice cube - I have been converted to the Aussie way - but only in that respect!

Must admit, I'm with you on that one girl!;)

islandergirl Oct 16th 2008 8:43 am

3 go mad we are getting so enthused about Australia here maybe we should move this thread to the Barbie so we can cream ourselves over icy beverages to our hearts content heh heh.

3 go mad in Adelaide Oct 16th 2008 9:23 am

Originally Posted by islandergirl (Post 6880603)
3 go mad we are getting so enthused about Australia here maybe we should move this thread to the Barbie so we can cream ourselves over icy beverages to our hearts content heh heh.

Don't go too far, girl! :blink:

islandergirl Oct 17th 2008 9:07 pm

Yeah true.

Have you tried the Smiths spare rib flavoured crisps?

They taste a little bit like barbecue beef.

Go well with nicely chilled alcohol as it turns out.

3 go mad in Adelaide Oct 18th 2008 2:06 am

Originally Posted by islandergirl (Post 6886340)
Yeah true.

Have you tried the Smiths spare rib flavoured crisps?

They taste a little bit like barbecue beef.

Go well with nicely chilled alcohol as it turns out.

They're on sale in the new bar if your interested!:rofl:

Havin a bag of scampi fries personally!

maka paka Oct 20th 2008 12:34 pm

I'm leaving(snorey borey OZ) in three weeks this thursday and i'll be back on to see if all the others who are trapped on this wretched Island have hatched their plans to leave.

And to gloat....Ha Ha Ha!

katiev Apr 15th 2009 6:51 am

Originally Posted by maka paka (Post 6892061)
I'm leaving(snorey borey OZ) in three weeks this thursday and i'll be back on to see if all the others who are trapped on this wretched Island have hatched their plans to leave.

And to gloat....Ha Ha Ha!

god this made me laugh,I have lived here all my life i've seen every inch of it
and its nothing but malls and mcmansions for the most part.You've seen one gum tree youve seen them all.Thank your lucky stars you can go to the UK im stuck on this penal colony for life.

Mummy in the foothills Apr 15th 2009 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by katiev (Post 7481375)
god this made me laugh,I have lived here all my life i've seen every inch of it
and its nothing but malls and mcmansions for the most part.You've seen one gum tree youve seen them all.Thank your lucky stars you can go to the UK im stuck on this penal colony for life.

Oh good god she got a life sentence.
She needs to marry a Brit and get out :rofl: