I can't believe

Old Jul 20th 2007, 11:38 am

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I can't believe

My daughters first year at secondary school finished today. I can't describe how proud and happy I feel right now, off she went this morning all grown up, she had a wash n wash out colour in her hair and had slept in rag rollers all night so her hair would be curly. Sounds funny doesn't it!
She had a glowing report and is sad to be finishing up for a whole six weeks (I had to drag her kicking and screaming to school in spain). She has been bringing home all her work that she has done through the year and it is wonderful, merits, stars and awards (I love the praise they get here)..she has been class captain and is a confident happy young lady
I was so worried in sep on her first day for her, I started crying and now I feel like crying again with hapiness as I know I done the right thing bringing her to England. Yesterday they had had a celebration assembly and she got all emotional as they looked back at their memories of the year on the big screen thing, sports day, chessington etc how lovely!
On August 10th we'll be back exactly 1 year its unreal, I was just saying last night how muh we've all changed we barely ever argue anymore and I'm no longer stressed to the limit.
Were off to Spain next week I'll try and make the best of it but I'm much more exited about coming back as we're going to ascot and I'm going to see my fave band of all time play! I can't wait Yeah!!!!

Just thought I'd share that with you all! Keep all your hopes up for coming home it will happen soon

good luck everyone xx
Old Jul 20th 2007, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Shivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I can't believe

Has your daughter kept up with Spanish?
Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glad 2 b back
My daughters first year at secondary school finished today. I can't describe how proud and happy I feel right now, off she went this morning all grown up, she had a wash n wash out colour in her hair and had slept in rag rollers all night so her hair would be curly. Sounds funny doesn't it!
She had a glowing report and is sad to be finishing up for a whole six weeks (I had to drag her kicking and screaming to school in spain). She has been bringing home all her work that she has done through the year and it is wonderful, merits, stars and awards (I love the praise they get here)..she has been class captain and is a confident happy young lady
I was so worried in sep on her first day for her, I started crying and now I feel like crying again with hapiness as I know I done the right thing bringing her to England. Yesterday they had had a celebration assembly and she got all emotional as they looked back at their memories of the year on the big screen thing, sports day, chessington etc how lovely!
On August 10th we'll be back exactly 1 year its unreal, I was just saying last night how muh we've all changed we barely ever argue anymore and I'm no longer stressed to the limit.
Were off to Spain next week I'll try and make the best of it but I'm much more exited about coming back as we're going to ascot and I'm going to see my fave band of all time play! I can't wait Yeah!!!!

Just thought I'd share that with you all! Keep all your hopes up for coming home it will happen soon

good luck everyone xx
It feels so good doesn't it, all this normal stuff ? Even though we are still not back to what we were/had, we are more content than we have been for a few years.That's a good feeling to have and confirms that we definatly did the right thing in returning...
We feared for our kids future abroad. Funny, that's what a lot of people emigrate from the Uk for! However, it had to be done. Shame alot of those on the Oz forum think they know best though.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

So glad for you R soundfs like its all falling into place, I didnt realise yuo had been home a year!!!

Best you get yourself to Twydall bakers for those yummie cakes they do there!!!

So glad your daughter is doing well at that school, I will be probably sending Kate there, although with the experience we had I am worried, but I am glad your daughter has done so well!!! good luck to her.....

Kath xx
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:46 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seasprite
Shame alot of those on the Oz forum think they know best though.
Nice little dig there ...

What's right for you is not right for others and vice versa. Glad you're happy back in the UK.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Nice little dig there ...

What's right for you is not right for others and vice versa. Glad you're happy back in the UK.

Thanks, and glad your'e happy there. I know you notice the ones I have in mind though;the ones, who havn't got to Oz yet. There are a lot of clueless people who are going on a whim and winging it a bit. That's cool if you can handle it. But conversely there are the not so clueless who can't handle it and don't always see what's right in front of them.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 5:26 am

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck everyone xx

Well done to your daughter and good luck with everything
Old Aug 12th 2007, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Shivster
Has your daughter kept up with Spanish?
When we got back there 3 weeks ago I thought that she had lost some of it, but it was her confidence and who she wanted to speak to. Once she was chatting to people she liked it all came flooding back and for me too suprisingly! I have to make sure they organise her spanish gcse this year though to make sure she doesnt forget!

btw after the 2 weeks we spent there I am even gladder to be back, infact estatic, infact I don't think I'll ever go back...maybe just for a 2 day visit hopefully to sign the house over and then I'll never have to go back!

Hows your move going?
Old Aug 12th 2007, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
So glad for you R soundfs like its all falling into place, I didnt realise yuo had been home a year!!!

Best you get yourself to Twydall bakers for those yummie cakes they do there!!!

So glad your daughter is doing well at that school, I will be probably sending Kate there, although with the experience we had I am worried, but I am glad your daughter has done so well!!! good luck to her.....

Kath xx

Thanks it was a year on the 10th and tomorrow its 7 years since I moved there!

I'm sure your daughter will be fine, any luck with the move yet?
Old Aug 12th 2007, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by seasprite
It feels so good doesn't it, all this normal stuff ? Even though we are still not back to what we were/had, we are more content than we have been for a few years.That's a good feeling to have and confirms that we definatly did the right thing in returning...
We feared for our kids future abroad. Funny, that's what a lot of people emigrate from the Uk for! However, it had to be done. Shame alot of those on the Oz forum think they know best though.

Its great I love the weather here, its so fresh, I can breathe...btw madness was fantastic
Old Aug 12th 2007, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
Well done to your daughter and good luck with everything
thank you
Old Aug 12th 2007, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

jobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to alljobart is a name known to all

...btw madness was fantastic

Arn't they always?.......

nice to meet a fellow fan

I still have every 7", 12", album and picture disk they ever released. It's quite a collection. Unfortunately it's all in Oz in storage waiting for me to get my life in gear back here in the UK and get a house so I can have it all shipped back!

Glad everythings working out for you since your return.

Like you, Oz was just one step beyond for me too. Still, tomorrows just another day and hopefully like you, this time next year I too will be flying on the wings of a dove!!!

all the best,

a fellow fan............

Last edited by jobart; Aug 12th 2007 at 8:29 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Shivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond repute

Hows your move going?
I'm on a 12 step prog. Just got a new job, horses leave on the 19th and I'm trying to save.

I could live the rest of my life and never visit Spain again too.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by jobart
Arn't they always?.......

nice to meet a fellow fan

I still have every 7", 12", album and picture disk they ever released. It's quite a collection. Unfortunately it's all in Oz in storage waiting for me to get my life in gear back here in the UK and get a house so I can have it all shipped back!

Glad everythings working out for you since your return.

Like you, Oz was just one step beyond for me too. Still, tomorrows just another day and hopefully like you, this time next year I too will be flying on the wings of a dove!!!

all the best,

a fellow fan............
especially for you!

Attached Thumbnails I can't believe-dscf0510.jpg   I can't believe-dscf0515.jpg   I can't believe-dscf0512.jpg  
Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Shivster
I'm on a 12 step prog. Just got a new job, horses leave on the 19th and I'm trying to save.

I could live the rest of my life and never visit Spain again too.
I hope it goes well for you!

If I ever have to go back it will be for a flying visit, my god I hate that country with a vengence lol, 2 weeks just confirmed all the reasons I left and its got worse! I saw at least 6 dead dogs a few dead cats the worse one was a cat left on the zebra crossing in town just horrible and to top it all on our last day at the beach all the spaniards we're murdering jellyfish yet again. I just can't understand why they can't leave them alone, i've been stung twice by jellyfish and the last thing I want to do is smother them in the sand. I think they just like killing things...also I seen at least 4 crashes.

I am sooooo glad to be back

the best day was our trip to gib where we got engaged

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.