Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I booked our son a flight back to UK.

I booked our son a flight back to UK.

Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:40 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default I booked our son a flight back to UK.

I booked online yesterday and I think I shook so hard pressing the buy ticket button
He flies home on July 4th arriving on the 5th.
He has all kinds of paperwork to do once he arrives to get ready for college.
His Brother will pick him up at the airport he sounded very happy about it.
Then Dh says we wait till september to get the house up for sale, and in the mean time sell all the big stuff, hopefully, and paint, paint, paint.
Anyone want a boat?
Oh Graduation from high school is next Thursday for Ds, followed by a big party on Saturday. I'm starting to get a bit panicky.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I booked our son a flight back to UK.

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I booked online yesterday and I think I shook so hard pressing the buy ticket button
Then Dh says we wait till september to get the house up for sale, and in the mean time sell all the big stuff, hopefully, and paint, paint, paint.
Anyone want a boat?
Oh Graduation from high school is next Thursday for Ds, followed by a big party on Saturday. I'm starting to get a bit panicky.
Oh my goodness, I can imagine that did have you shaking! All starting to seem very real now?

Good luck with everything - be nice for your sons to be together
Old Jun 1st 2012, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Very exciting but don't blame you for feeling panicky.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 3:54 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Well done! You sounds as if you have WAY too much stuff going on!!! Congratulations!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes, I have followed your story for a long time well before I decided to stop lurking so I know this has been a long time coming. Deep breath and enjoy the moment.

Must be really exciting to see it all coming together.

And I think leaving on the 4th July is a stroke of genius. I was contemplating the same myself
Old Jun 1st 2012, 5:27 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes! how exciting for you and your family.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 5:30 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vikingsail
Best wishes, I have followed your story for a long time well before I decided to stop lurking so I know this has been a long time coming. Deep breath and enjoy the moment.

Must be really exciting to see it all coming together.

And I think leaving on the 4th July is a stroke of genius. I was contemplating the same myself
Yes the date seemed a bit symbolic to me too.
Truth is he needed to be there early July and the price was higher for the 5th. Plus no one works on the 4th so the trip to the Airport in San Francisco should be lovely and quiet, in theory.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Wow! Everything is slowly coming together. Congrats on everything thus far. Very excited for you. I look forward to more updates...
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 6:03 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone want a boat?
Excellent news. I've been a fan of your posts ever since I joined the site and I can't wait to hear that you're home and happy.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:10 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Excellent news. I've been a fan of your posts ever since I joined the site and I can't wait to hear that you're home and happy.
And I've been enjoying your journey.
Next we'll have to see what Yorkshire is like. So many people love it. Dh is all for holidays in UK and never setting foot on another airplane once we get home.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 7:22 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

And I've been enjoying your journey.
Next we'll have to see what Yorkshire is like. So many people love it. Dh is all for holidays in UK and never setting foot on another airplane once we get home.
Drop me a note when you're planning the trip and I'll point you to the best bits
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Chrissie Chop is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sure he will enjoy it here, what College / University is he going to?
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 10:38 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by Chrissie Chop
I am sure he will enjoy it here, what College / University is he going to?
He's going to the local college near my Mum, Are they still called technical colleges? He's doing the 2 year foundation Police degree from Bangor University but it's held at the local Tech. If he doesn't get in he'll be doing A levels for the next year.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Chrissie Chop is an unknown quantity at this point

Staying with his nana then. I think they might be called Polytechnics now, but it's all the same. Good luck to him, I always feel safer knowing more young people are becoming bobbies, especially when you read that the Government are cutting Police numbers, it makes you feel a little scared.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Belles30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Best Wishes hope everything goes smoothly for you.It does start to get very nerve wracking as plans start to actually happen.
My DH leaves in August and hopefully will find work( been made redundant here) then myself and son (18) will follow after the Year 12 exams.
It's all a bit mind boggling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.