Husbands Death

Old Jun 8th 2010, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

suede has a brilliant futuresuede has a brilliant futuresuede has a brilliant futuresuede has a brilliant futuresuede has a brilliant futuresuede has a brilliant future
Default Husbands Death

Hi
My family and I have been living in Canada for 4yrs. My husband (54) passed away 06\06\10 from Cancer. He was diagnosed 10\04\10 with aggressive Adenocarcinoma Cancer, there has been a lot of mistakes Medically getting to his final diagnosis. Originally 28\02\10 we were informed it was 4 slipped discs and an L5 compression. I am coping OK with friends and his work colleagues, but wondering if any benefits can be claimed from the UK. Any help would be appreciated.
Sue

Last edited by Sue; Jun 13th 2010 at 6:41 pm. Reason: Unsure of correct forum for this post so have moved it to the MBTTUK as it's about UK benefits
Old Jun 8th 2010, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future
Default Re: Husbands Death

Gosh, I don't know about benefits, but I just wanted to send you my condolences. I am so sorry that not only have you been through a bereavement, but also that you feel the healthcare system has let you all down. If you need anyone to chat to, feel free to PM me.

Warm thoughts to you, your kith and kin.
LL x
Old Jun 8th 2010, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suede

Hi
My family and I have been living in Canada for 4yrs. My husband (54) passed away 06\06\10 from Cancer. He was diagnosed 10\04\10 with aggressive Adenocarcinoma Cancer, there has been a lot of mistakes Medically getting to his final diagnosis. Originally 28\02\10 we were informed it was 4 slipped discs and an L5 compression. I am coping OK with friends and his work colleagues, but wondering if any benefits can be claimed from the UK. Any help would be appreciated.
Sue
You might be eligible for bereavement benefit
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...enefits_abroad
Old Jun 8th 2010, 5:44 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I am of no help re benefits but just wanted to say I am thinking of you. How awful.
Take good care of yourself x
Old Jun 8th 2010, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Same here, so sorry for all you have been through, thank goodness you have some support there,
Old Jun 8th 2010, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of

I'm so sorry Sue. I have no idea about benefits either, but I wanted to send my condolences.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Sue
Why are you looking to the UK for benefits, why not Canada?
Old Jun 8th 2010, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Prayers are with you and your family. Sorry to hear or your loss and misdiagnoses.

Ray
Old Jun 8th 2010, 6:39 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

I'm not sure about benefits but I just wanted to offer my condolences. So sorry for your loss
Old Jun 8th 2010, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to add my condolences and send you a big hugWhat sort of benefit did you have in mind? I am assuming that you are thinking about UK pension, if so you need to contact the DWP in the UK I think
lol
Stef

Hi
Sue
Old Jun 9th 2010, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear of your loss Sue. How absolutely awful to lose your husband with such short notice, let alone at all.
Are you not entitled to claim anything in Canada?
Old Jun 9th 2010, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. It must be even more difficult when you are so very far away from your connections in the UK.

Martin
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

I send my condolencies too. I am very sorry for your loss. Take care...

Mel
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:34 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

am so very sorry x
Old Jun 9th 2010, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Hi,

Just wanted to say that i am sorry hear your sad news and my thoughts are with you. Glad you've got family and friends around you.

Take care
Sharon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.