Reload this Page >

Husband’s name on Tenancy Agreement

Husband’s name on Tenancy Agreement

Old Nov 6th 2022, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Katerina1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Husband’s name on Tenancy Agreement

Hi All -

We recently relocated to the UK/Greater Manchester. I arrived three weeks earlier than my husband (who came on his spouse visa ) in order to find rented accommodation.

It was all a bit of a rush as the rental market here is super competitive.

As a result it’s only my name on the Tenancy Agreement and I am told that my husband’s name can be added as an Addendum at a cost of 50 pounds . The landlord manages the property himself , so I expect this kind of request will take forever… !

So should I just leave the Tenancy Agreement as it is…? I already added my husband’s name on the Utilities (Electrical and Water) and Council Tax. We will also have joint Lloyd’s bank account. It feels that he will have sufficient proof of address as it is without this addendum.

Also just wondering if this would matter when the time comes to renew his spouse visa in 2.5 years ?

Any advice would be really appreciated .