How often have you moved?

Old May 11th 2011, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How often have you moved?

Not including small intertown moves (which would be abot 6-7) I've moved from country to country to country and back, 17 times. Some of those have been 'base my self here for a few mths' types of moves and some full blown.

Got another one on the horizon as well.
Old May 11th 2011, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

U.K - 5 towns / houses
OZ - 2 towns / 3 houses
US - 2 States, 4 towns, 7 houses.

Spent 4 years splitting time 6 months UK - France / 6 months US when I raced bicycles
Old May 11th 2011, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishman43
U.K - 5 towns / houses
OZ - 2 towns / 3 houses
US - 2 States, 4 towns, 7 houses.

Spent 4 years splitting time 6 months UK - France / 6 months US when I raced bicycles
ooh do tell
Old May 11th 2011, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
ooh do tell
Ah, not that exciting really , raced 1st cat in France in the summers, then would train in San Diego in the winters and do the early season stuff before going back to Europe.

After that raced a year in OZ then to the US full time, packed it in in '03 after an injury meant I couldn't train/ race properly.

Fun times and got to be great friends with a bunch of pros , Horner, Landis, Merkcx etc , etc.
Old May 11th 2011, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah, not that exciting really , raced 1st cat in France in the summers, then would train in San Diego in the winters and do the early season stuff before going back to Europe.

After that raced a year in OZ then to the US full time, packed it in in '03 after an injury meant I couldn't train/ race properly.

Fun times and got to be great friends with a bunch of pros , Horner, Landis, Merkcx etc , etc.
wow, I'm not worthy!

I'm racing in the UK at the moment (Charlotteville Guildford) but I have to start as Cat 4 as BC won't recognise my C grade cat from Oz I'm just a hack really though.

I do some ironman stuff as well (slowly) and just did the Ronde de Vlaanderen sportive.

TTs are where it's at for me though, love 'em

Bad news in the Giro
Old May 11th 2011, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

wow, I'm not worthy!

I'm racing in the UK at the moment (Charlotteville Guildford) but I have to start as Cat 4 as BC won't recognise my C grade cat from Oz I'm just a hack really though.

I do some ironman stuff as well (slowly) and just did the Ronde de Vlaanderen sportive.

TTs are where it's at for me though, love 'em

Bad news in the Giro
Honestly it wasn't as grand as it sounds I was just hack.. Yeah big bummer :-( .

Where in OZ ? I lived in and around Melbourne for a year - used to do the crazy Saturday " Hell ride" I think they called it out to the peninsula and back most Saturdays - did the Skilled Bay series one year too - great fun slapping around hearing old Phil Ligget comentating :-)
Old May 11th 2011, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bandrui
You're a walking British Commonwealth .
LOL ~ best of luck with your planned move to the UK
Old May 11th 2011, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HighTide
Teignmouth, Devon.
Colchester, Essex.
Watchet, Somerset.
London
Winnipeg, Canada.
Vancouver, Canada.
Penticton, Canada.
Vancouver, Canada.
Brixham, Devon.............that's it...I.m staying put now.

22 moves in total and I'm 58
You have lived in some very nice places!
Old May 12th 2011, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

kateg60 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll play...

Lived in Guyana, Jamaica, France, England and the US.

Moved 3 times in the Caribbean
Moved 8 times in England
Moved 5 times in the US

Hopefully moving one more time back to Leeds, Yorkshire in 2 years!
Old May 13th 2011, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Honestly it wasn't as grand as it sounds I was just hack.. Yeah big bummer :-( .

Where in OZ ? I lived in and around Melbourne for a year - used to do the crazy Saturday " Hell ride" I think they called it out to the peninsula and back most Saturdays - did the Skilled Bay series one year too - great fun slapping around hearing old Phil Ligget comentating :-)
Wow, the Skilled Crit series is a big deal in Oz. I've never done the Hell Ride, heard about it though. In Sydney there is the Coluzzi ride which has a lot of ex pros in it. That ride is pretty hard. I was living in Sydney's lower nth shore and nthn beaches so raced for Manly Warringah CC. Also did the Calga TTs every month (ATTA). Done a bit of track racing. Wanted to get to to State Masters level at TTs but had a bad bad smash in 09 then once recovered I really just did some local racing and then moved to UK.

Been concentrating on Ironman a lot lately but starting to regain a more cycling focus this year (I keep blowing my calf out running so I'm resting it).

I'm in Surrey and love training around here, good roads and driver courtesy is light years ahead of Oz and very pleasant in comparison. I was looking at the Tour of Wessex as my folks live in Somerset but Mrs T has been in hospital so I've been looking after her, so just doing some local stuff at the moment.
Old May 13th 2011, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wow, the Skilled Crit series is a big deal in Oz. I've never done the Hell Ride, heard about it though. In Sydney there is the Coluzzi ride which has a lot of ex pros in it. That ride is pretty hard. I was living in Sydney's lower nth shore and nthn beaches so raced for Manly Warringah CC. Also did the Calga TTs every month (ATTA). Done a bit of track racing. Wanted to get to to State Masters level at TTs but had a bad bad smash in 09 then once recovered I really just did some local racing and then moved to UK.

Been concentrating on Ironman a lot lately but starting to regain a more cycling focus this year (I keep blowing my calf out running so I'm resting it).

I'm in Surrey and love training around here, good roads and driver courtesy is light years ahead of Oz and very pleasant in comparison. I was looking at the Tour of Wessex as my folks live in Somerset but Mrs T has been in hospital so I've been looking after her, so just doing some local stuff at the moment.
Nice ! There was / is ? some great racing in Surrey, used to have the "Surrey 5 day " back in the old days , 100 + miles of racing a day open to all categories .
Old May 13th 2011, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

HighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bandrui
You have lived in some very nice places!
And it was very nearly Salt Spring Island this last time but am so happy that England was the final choice.
Old May 14th 2011, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HighTide
And it was very nearly Salt Spring Island this last time but am so happy that England was the final choice.
What was Watchet like?