Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

How often do you go back to visit UK relatives?

How often do you go back to visit UK relatives?

Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How often do you go back to visit UK relatives?

Woo hoo...I can see Harvey Nics.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Family_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dan725
Those pics very timely for me indeed!....we'll be right at the London Eye in 8 days time! First trip back in 2 years or so; going to have a (no doubt very tired) day in London to show our 3 year old Mary Poppins fan a few sights before taking the train up to my parents the next day.
Um the Pics are Manchester not London.

If you look carefully you will see the obvious difference. People are smiling and friendly
Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family_Guy
Um the Pics are Manchester not London.

If you look carefully you will see the obvious difference. People are smiling and friendly
Ha, yes, I just realised that! Bloody ferris wheels must be springing up all over the place...didn't even know they had one in Manchester!
Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:52 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
just for you...
What's with all the people? Is there a fair or something?
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Awwwww thanx Lisa, I really do need to go home and visit soon! Nice to see the red postbox too
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
people actually walk outside there
Old Oct 15th 2009, 9:12 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

so many shops to choose from and pubs to drink in and restaurants to eat in..its a shoppers paradise...
Old Oct 15th 2009, 9:14 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Awwwww thanx Lisa, I really do need to go home and visit soon! Nice to see the red postbox too
ahh you'll love it..its a great place to go and find a lovely pub and sit outside and just people watch all day...
Old Oct 15th 2009, 9:16 pm
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Woo hoo...I can see Harvey Nics.
haven't you already depleted their handbag collection..
Old Oct 15th 2009, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Family_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of light

haven't you already depleted their handbag collection..
They moved that display to Canal Street.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ahh you'll love it..its a great place to go and find a lovely pub and sit outside and just people watch all day...
Yeah, maybe next year I will get to go, I seem to be missing it more and more these days, have to content myself with a visit from my Sis at Christmas this year
Old Oct 16th 2009, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

Been here 46 years and no longer consider the UK home so why would I leave the comfort and familiarity of my home here to return to see aging relatives.

In those 46 years we traveled back 3 times the last in 1982. We find the monthly phone call much easier and cheaper. Our close friends and close relatives ( our children ) are on this side of the pond.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

ionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redwing
Haven't been back since 1996 when my mom passed away, and have no plans to go back.
I think that you are probably right not to go back it makes me very unsetteled but i can't seem to keep away
Old Oct 16th 2009, 6:14 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

so many shops to choose from and pubs to drink in and restaurants to eat in..its a shoppers paradise...
That doesn't explain why they're all out wandering the street. Looks like my building's parking lot during a fire drill.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 6:14 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

That doesn't explain why they're all out wandering the street. Looks like my building's parking lot during a fire drill.
Chicago looks like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.