Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

How Much Are You Going Back With?

Wikiposts

How Much Are You Going Back With?

Old Nov 25th 2008, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Much Are You Going Back With?

Only a fool would let someone who they have a connection with through a public forum their financial situation.

Why does the person who started this ask a question then Blab on about her future plans?

My posts are meant to be amusing or supportive.Check them.I've probablty failed.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

Just to throw this in to the mix, last time I moved back to UK, I moved back with AU$250 and one suitcase of clothes.

That was it!

Within 2 weeks I had 3 job offers to choose from, and a nice house to live in on very very low rent.

I was lucky, but it just goes to show you can potentially make a success of the whole emigration thing with next to no money with a bit of luck and most importantly a lot of determination (I had plenty of that, I was not going to let ANYONE OR ANYTHING stop me)!
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather go back with $250 worth of clothes and a suitcase of money
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
Oh yeah. I never thought of that. I packed the wrong way around. Oh well!
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by backagen
Oh yeah. I never thought of that. I packed the wrong way around. Oh well!
Are you going backagain backagain?
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's complicated, and I still haven't quite decided on that yet!
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

like it
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:07 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

It might even by higher than yours
...and then again it's more than likely lower...
Old Nov 26th 2008, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

USAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by backagen
It's complicated, and I still haven't quite decided on that yet!
Hey you sound like me.

When/If you do go back again, will you have just $250 and a suitcase of clothes again?
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

No thankfully. I'll have a LOT more than that!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Nathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really nice

hey guys do you think $10,000 is a decent enough ammount to be going back to England with ?.

I am 23 years old and I will not be buying a house etc, will be going back and renting and I have family/friends to stay with if I find it takes a little longer to get work but do you think $10,000 would be an ok ammount to move back with ?
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Like I said, I did it with 250 pounds, so with that amount you'll be just fine. Obviously you may not be able to splash out on a brand new car and loads of furniture etc straight away, and you might have to wait a while before you can buy a house.

But it will get you started and if you stick to a budget it should allow you to live quite comfortably until you can get a job.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:56 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nathan84
hey guys do you think $10,000 is a decent enough ammount to be going back to England with ?.

I am 23 years old and I will not be buying a house etc, will be going back and renting and I have family/friends to stay with if I find it takes a little longer to get work but do you think $10,000 would be an ok ammount to move back with ?
That's about 4.500 pounds so not that much but you're young and you;ve got family plus no dependants. You'll be fine.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Nathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really nice

yeah cheers it's just so I have something to fall back on really when I get back and won't be going mad spending it until I have a job lined up.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

slidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cricket1
For me, it's about what I want in my life. I frequently ask myself the question, 'what is my life about', then I ask myself what do I want in my life? Like Quoll, it has little to do with money. It's about waking up feeling connected to something solid and feeling grounded.

The only thing I'm struggling with is Britain's current mood. I could strangle the next person who tries to tell me I'm mad for wanting to go home. Like we haven't had recessions before??? What happened to that British bulldog fighting spirit and pulling together??? The blind faith and optimism. Where did that go?
I agree - thanks for your other posts which I have read with interest and inspiration. Just knowing that many others are planning is settling.