Wikiposts

how much for..........

Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:25 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks peeps for posting some prices..doesn't take long to lose track of how much things cost.

My hubby keeps asking me questions like " how much do you reckon we will spend on food shopping in the UK"....oh yep hang on let me just pull an old till receipt out and I can tell you.....eeeekkkkk...still I will be looking up ASDA to see some prices just to give him a bit of info and keep him quiet !!!!

Honeymommy....sorry to read about your dilema.Best of luck with everything..do you have any ideas on where in the Uk you will return to??

I've got a wicked hairdresser who is very reasonable back home...works wonders with my grey !!plus she will have you in stitches in no time..!!glad to see you are laughing through all of this....keep it going !!

Cheers

Pants
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

Well I guess no news is good news

I really think that it will all work out and you won't need to return to the UK afterall. I hope it all works out for you. Have you spoken to your kids yet??
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pants
Thanks peeps for posting some prices..doesn't take long to lose track of how much things cost.

My hubby keeps asking me questions like " how much do you reckon we will spend on food shopping in the UK"....oh yep hang on let me just pull an old till receipt out and I can tell you.....eeeekkkkk...still I will be looking up ASDA to see some prices just to give him a bit of info and keep him quiet !!!!

Honeymommy....sorry to read about your dilema.Best of luck with everything..do you have any ideas on where in the Uk you will return to??

I've got a wicked hairdresser who is very reasonable back home...works wonders with my grey !!plus she will have you in stitches in no time..!!glad to see you are laughing through all of this....keep it going !!

Cheers

Pants
Thanks for the best wishes.. Whatever happens we will get through. After 4 children (1yr on crutches for last pregnancy as twins and pelvis seperated) 3 yrs of recurrent cancer and surgeries.... blah blah... wo is me stuff.... I know it will all work out and we will survive and grow from another experience of that thing they call life.... hahahahha...

The plan is to go to Langley in Berkshire. Hubbies family are there. My Mum is in Morecambe Lancs and I can't stand the place ( No offense to anyone there. ) Langley is close to London and I trained as a nurse in Slough about a mile away... Schools are good and it still has a sort of village atmostphere... House rental is about GPB900..

Oh hair dressers.... Last time I went was due to an accident.

We have a chimnea (small fireplace) in the back yard... I love a fire even in California... So I go to light it which takes a minute and just as I am getting up.... woosh.... It explodes in my face... Eyebrows/eyelashes/hair..... OMG!!!! THE SMELL!!!!!
Anyway I went to the salon and we were in stitches... I crack jokes when things like that happen... I could have different coloured eyebrows daily and see who notices... that kind of thing.... When she had finished my hair she had to redo her makeup as it was all running down her face from crying....

I Love a good laugh....

Right now I keep saying.... I can't decide if I want a waitrose or a tesco trolley for my bags when I am homeless oh and with 4 kids we should have a couple of those twin trolleys... It has to stop though.....

Seriously though... I stay calm as I can most of the time as we haven't told the kids yet.. I have shower cry's... We all need a good cry every now and then...

I am finding I am not as tollerant... Some whining woman on the news cus her car window got broken type thing makes me want to scream..... LOL Had a broken car window before but I didn't go on TV... hahah.

OK ranting now .... Sorry... Just a little stressed and getting it out on here I guess.

Thanks for all the shopping/cost info it will definately help us to see what we need and what we may be facing.....

(((((((hug)))))))))))))))
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:57 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Honeymommy...my kinda woman...and I mean that in the friend sort for all those pervs out there thinking something else..!! tut tut !!

I think I know Langley...derrrr I used to travel the M25 and south east in one of jobs I had back home.!!Should know it !!

Tolerance of lack of it...I reckon thats a woman thing for many of us who have to got to that stage in life where "what else could possibly go wrong"!!! plus for me nearing 40 I feel like that anyway !!!

One of mates set light to her hair over the dinner table...leaning over to snog her fella and whooofffffffffffffff..the hair on fire..the lot and yes the smell is awful isn't it. Baddddd !!!!!

well would love to sit and chat but have my 2year old looking at me with " for god sake woman get of that bloody pc will you " eyes..!!!

stay mad....and happy

Pants

hugs to you HM.....and beer too
Old Apr 21st 2004, 8:42 pm
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much for..........

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
I have a US keyboard too. To make a £ sign press the alt key hold it down then type 0163

Lots of other alt keys can be found here
Thanks, I didn't know there were so many! My second problem is that I have a laptop and would also have to swap between letters and numberpad (no separate numberpad) so it is usually quicker to type GBP than constantly hitting function and alt keys. Unless anyone has other suggestions please?

Last edited by acer rose; Apr 21st 2004 at 8:45 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

YUM.... Meatballs, Raviolli.... great for the kids and cheap... I just saw a can of curry for 84p I remember I liked them for something quick... I like the look of the asda site....

I definately see that the fattier foods are a lot cheaper... I will have to watch my weight if we go back... Don't want to be a heffer again...:scared:

I almost died at the price of the beef, but then I realised it was priced per Kg not per pound! Phew...

Oh... I wondered about car insurance.... We would have some sort of minivan seats 6... Probably old but not clapped out... lol..
This is for couple with no accidents or tickets with 8yrs uk no claims and 6yr US....

Thanks......
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok... Another thought....

But first thanks to all for the help..

DENTAL COSTS????

I have 4 kids and know its free for them. Or it was when we left. Two of the kids need braces but we haven't been able to afford it here in the US even with the insurance it's about $2000 each.

But what about adult dental treatment... Fillings, root canal etc. oh and basic check-up.

I read something about it being hard to find an NHS dentist now...

Thanks....
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 9:11 am
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

Dental fees, if you can sign up with an NHS dentist, is about £10 for a check-up, £10 for an X-ray, £10 for a filling, £90 for a metal crown, £200 for a white crown. The local health authority is supposed to find you an NHS dentist if you can't find one.

BTw not all food is more expensive in the UK. Breakfast cereal is much cheaper than the US. Also gas and electricity is much less. And think--you can have any colour toilet paper you want lol!
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks a lot for the info...

Coloured toilet paper??????