Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

how is it like being a black person in London?

how is it like being a black person in London?

Old Mar 3rd 2017, 12:51 am
Just Joined

BlackStarr97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how is it like being a black person in London?

maybe when i'm finished with my bachelors, i plan on moving from the U.S. and live in London for a bit. i also want to visit the city this summer as well. i just wanted to know how is it like being a black person in London?, where can i find other black people in the city, pros and cons of London, what are some customs or things you guys do?, the women and dating (i'm attracted to Black women). i'm expecting the city to be major culture shock then being in New York.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 1:13 am
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how is it like being a black person in London?

Originally Posted by BlackStarr97
maybe when i'm finished with my bachelors, i plan on moving from the U.S. and live in London for a bit. i also want to visit the city this summer as well. i just wanted to know how is it like being a black person in London?, where can i find other black people in the city, pros and cons of London, what are some customs or things you guys do?, the women and dating (i'm attracted to Black women). i'm expecting the city to be major culture shock then being in New York.
This must be a troll post ..

If not then I'm not sure why you think black people are special or different, or act different in London than other people?

Quite offensive and I'm not even black.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 1:17 am
Just Joined

BlackStarr97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by az2014

If not then I'm not sure why you think black people are special or different, or act different in London than other people?

not trolling, i'm just asking cause i'm from another country bro
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

CanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt you'll find London that different to New York in most ways. I would guess around 50% of Londoners are non-white, so I wouldn't worry on that front
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

London is one of the most culturally and ethnically diverse cities in the world. People won't care if you are black, brown or green with blue stripes.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 5:34 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
London is one of the most culturally and ethnically diverse cities in the world. People won't care if you are black, brown or green with blue stripes.
Although you might want to seek medical help if you're the last one of those.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 6:34 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.

We hope your stay with us will be a good experience and to help with that could I ask you to have a quick read of the site rules.

I think posters replying to this thread should be very careful of the wording of their comments as there seems to be some danger of this discussion turning into one about race, which may breach site rules.

As has been said the fact that you are not white should make no difference to your experiences in London or in the vast majority of the UK. You will, of course, get an enormous culture shock in London with it's history.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 6:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You will find black people in all parts of London, along with people from many other races. I wouldn't imagine it is very different to New York in that regard. People of all races, creeds and nationalities share the city and its a wonderful place to be because of its diversity.
As for dating, its much the same as the US, you go to bars, clubs, pubs, internet sites, wherever you would meet women in New York, you should be able to use the same methods in London.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 7:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Although you might want to seek medical help if you're the last one of those.
Depends on the shades of green and blue, if they are nice attractive ones then it could start a trend!
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by az2014

Such questions come up frequently on various travel forums. They tend to turn out a troll post.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

lolyro is an unknown quantity at this point

I know it's been a while since your post, but did you make it to London?
Old Oct 24th 2017, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

London is ok

Not sure about the rest of Ukania.