How Bad is the UK?

Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold
Default How Bad is the UK?

My friend in the UK constantly complains about the price of petrol/gasoline in the UK despite the fact that they get a free car (or equivalent cash thereof) from the government because his wife has a disabilty.

Spoiled? Maybe.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:53 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Bad is the UK?

Sounds spoiled to me.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

whereamifrom has a spectacular aura aboutwhereamifrom has a spectacular aura aboutwhereamifrom has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by johnh009
My friend in the UK constantly complains about the price of petrol/gasoline in the UK despite the fact that they get a free car (or equivalent cash thereof) from the government because his wife has a disabilty.

Spoiled? Maybe.
You know, for a reasonable person to be able to complain, he or she must leave the country for a year, then come back. Then they have reason to complain.

Otherwise, tell them to shut the **** up! 8-))
Old Sep 14th 2008, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds spoiled to me too, do they also complain about the price of prescriptions?
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Hertsgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Some people complain about anything, you can't please all of the people all of the time!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

You know it does make me a bit mad. Some people just don't realise how lucky they have got it. I sometimes read the BBC 'have your say' section where Brits post their comments on topical issues. I can't believe the moaning you read in there. Slagging off NHS, education system, welfare ... you name it!

The thing I find most ingratiating of all is the sense of entitlement.

It takes living away to appreciate some things about the UK me thinks.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
You know it does make me a bit mad. Some people just don't realise how lucky they have got it. I sometimes read the BBC 'have your say' section where Brits post their comments on topical issues. I can't believe the moaning you read in there. Slagging off NHS, education system, welfare ... you name it!

The thing I find most ingratiating of all is the sense of entitlement.

It takes living away to appreciate some things about the UK me thinks.
I agree about the moaning. I'm astonished, and a bit embarassed to read these comments. It is quite rife in Britain, and that is one of the things I hate the most about moving back home. Why on earth do people go out of their way to moan so often. They need to appreciate what they have.

Maybe I would be that way if I lived there still, but thankfully I have lived somewhere else where things are not perfect either, but I can appreciate both places for the good and the bad.

Whiners should shut the h*** up
Old Sep 14th 2008, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

achanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really nice

'Grant that I may not critiscise my neighbour until I have walked a mile in his mocassins'.
Native Indian prayer

I think emigration is a great way to discover appreciation for things that we take forgranted. It s a benefit that no one can appreciate until they have done it.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I find Canadians complain similarly. And they seem to think nobody else has similar things to complain about.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

The grass is rarely greener...............Try living in SA

30% UNEMPLOYMENT (probaby way higher)
80% HIV+ (GOVT.in denial )
zero health service to speak of.
zero welfare to speak of.
2ND highest crime rate in the world (maybe 3rd but close)
15% Interest rate...............The list is endless

UK IS A PICNIC IN COMPARISON BELIEVE ME.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirlw
The grass is rarely greener...............Try living in SA

30% UNEMPLOYMENT (probaby way higher)
80% HIV+ (GOVT.in denial )
zero health service to speak of.
zero welfare to speak of.
2ND highest crime rate in the world (maybe 3rd but close)
15% Interest rate...............The list is endless

UK IS A PICNIC IN COMPARISON BELIEVE ME.
That's terrible. Yes, Britain is a 'picnic' compared to situations like this. I definitely appreciate the UK
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

In the UK people over the age of 70, no matter what their financial situation, rich or poor, are able to have free loft insulation in their homes paid for by the Government as means of keeping their homes warmer in the winter. Now it seems that lots of them are moaning that their bedrooms are too warm.

In adition to this all people over 60 get a tax free Winter Fuel allowance of £200 per household (£250 from this coming winter onwards) and £400 for people households of people over 80.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
In the UK people over the age of 70, no matter what their financial situation, rich or poor, are able to have free loft insulation in their homes paid for by the Government as means of keeping their homes warmer in the winter. Now it seems that lots of them are moaning that their bedrooms are too warm.

In adition to this all people over 60 get a tax free Winter Fuel allowance of £200 per household (£250 from this coming winter onwards) and £400 for people households of people over 80.
My dad uses his winter fuel allowance to pay for his summer holiday.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 5:54 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic Princess
My dad uses his winter fuel allowance to pay for his summer holiday.
My Grandad does something similar and it is wrong beyond belief. I am not against the welfare state but there is something wrong when it is abused in this way.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:07 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

a free car because his wife has a disability

sorry to disabuse you but that car uses up her disability living allowance, they have to pay a bit towards it as well and they probably need that car to get around!!

disability living allowance is used to pay for equipment needed for disabled people to make their lives a bit more comparable to able bodied people's

so of course they have a right to grumble about the high cost of petrol most people do it's a national hobby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.