Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

House on the market today......FSBO

House on the market today......FSBO

Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:02 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default House on the market today......FSBO

We've done it! Got a lovely For Sale board on the front lawn, and if nothing else it'll have the neighbours gossiping. We decided to go the fsbo route, using one of the websites now available, after consulting with the two realtors in town and being unable to negotiate a lower commission. having notified them of our decision to sell this way, one of them has been very helpful, saying she will help us through any sticky patches we might come across (at not cost to her!). The other came back yesterday with a higher valuation to try, we think, to persuade us to list with them. No deal.
They have both asked if will allow them to bring potential buyers in....well, of course, I'd be silly not to....and we can then negotiate a much reduced commission.
Anyway, now we have to keep the house in a permanent state of "Don't leave your boots there", "Will you put that jacket away?", and "Don't leave your desk cluttered" and * did I clean up the bathroom floor, flush the toilet, wash the dishes etc, etc*, hopefully it won't be too long before we get an offer.
S'pose I should start collecting boxes........
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House on the market today......FSBO

Very good luck with it all
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Oldbag, only just found this little thread.....!!

Sending all our luck and best hopes for you & OH. I really hope it sells quick and you get a nice tidy profit to take back with you

I'm now on sick leave for however long the Dr prescribes me.....so I'll look out for you on MSN for a chat and you can tell me who you're selling through.

Lotsaluv,
Ruby x
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldbag
We've done it! Got a lovely For Sale board on the front lawn, and if nothing else it'll have the neighbours gossiping. We decided to go the fsbo route, using one of the websites now available, after consulting with the two realtors in town and being unable to negotiate a lower commission. having notified them of our decision to sell this way, one of them has been very helpful, saying she will help us through any sticky patches we might come across (at not cost to her!). The other came back yesterday with a higher valuation to try, we think, to persuade us to list with them. No deal.
They have both asked if will allow them to bring potential buyers in....well, of course, I'd be silly not to....and we can then negotiate a much reduced commission.
Anyway, now we have to keep the house in a permanent state of "Don't leave your boots there", "Will you put that jacket away?", and "Don't leave your desk cluttered" and * did I clean up the bathroom floor, flush the toilet, wash the dishes etc, etc*, hopefully it won't be too long before we get an offer.
Well done and good luck.....we are putting ours up next week....having to negotiate with our real estate agent for their fee's......
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:09 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine goes on Saturday, I have the Merry Maids in on Friday afternoon to do a full right out "deep clean" and then hand over the keys on saturday while we jet off to Mexico!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully it will sell ok - but who knows, bit frightening really!

Good luck to you guys in Ontario too

Mrs Miggins xxxx
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Well done and good luck.....we are putting ours up next week....having to negotiate with our real estate agent for their fee's......
Nice one Brits.....you heading home so soon now? So happy for you! I can't wait to hear your experiences in the coming weeks.

Best of Luck,
Ruby
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
Mine goes on Saturday, I have the Merry Maids in on Friday afternoon to do a full right out "deep clean" and then hand over the keys on saturday while we jet off to Mexico!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully it will sell ok - but who knows, bit frightening really!

Good luck to you guys in Ontario too

Mrs Miggins xxxx
Same to you Mrs M.....hope you're not waiting too long with the house sale. How is the market down in the windy city? Has hubby heard from his interview yet?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
Nice one Brits.....you heading home so soon now? So happy for you! I can't wait to hear your experiences in the coming weeks.

Best of Luck,
Ruby
Yes, when I think about not having the choice and staying here in Aus forever...that's what does it for me...my husband and boys are wanting to be home yesterday if they could so the house goes on the Market and we just have to hope it sells asap....really know that it is the right decision and we will just face what comes when we get home.....ie where to live...schools etc....just need to be there asap.....
Thanks for you thread...hope all is okay with you..take it easy...and look after yourself...(if you anything like me...everyone comes first then I'm last.....but try!!!)
Jackie
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Sunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of light

Happy for you I hope you get some traffic through your doors, and an eager buyer before long. One thing I did forget to mention was in relation to valuations. Boy what a difference, from $300....to $399,900. We listed at $399,900 and had an offer of $360 within a week or so. As we were indifferent and our heads were like sheds as they say we declined. It does go to show however the 'difference' in realtor 'experience' to value properties, or is it merely realtor 'turnover', ie more inclined to sell it quickly I don't believe I just implied what I did Anyhows best of british to ya and I hope it goes well
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the sale OB will keep my fingers crossed for you
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say that from my experience finding the boxes now and putting as much as you possibly can in storage will really help with selling. The less cluttered a home looks the more appealing it is. The thought of living with half your clothes for a bit is much less stressful than the thought of having your house on the market for months in my opinion!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:19 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
Just wanted to say that from my experience finding the boxes now and putting as much as you possibly can in storage will really help with selling. The less cluttered a home looks the more appealing it is. The thought of living with half your clothes for a bit is much less stressful than the thought of having your house on the market for months in my opinion!
Thanks for that.....that's what we did when we moved from the UK. I started packing as soon as the For Sale sign went up; I did a couple of boxes a week, starting with my books, CD's and "bits I just had to take"....you know the stuff I mean.....stuff your kids make that have no use at all but you just can't part with. I've already got 3 boxes of stuff for the Sally Army thrift store.....just where does it all come from! The leather gear I'm wearing.....to the left, though, has to be kept til last!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Is that why you need to leave?!

We had to totally de-clutter our house before the agent would even put it on the market. Since we only had 6 weeks notice before leaving the country anyway we needed to pack, it just meant we did it in a couple of days instead of a couple of months. By the time we got it out of storage for shipping we were wondering if we even needed any of it anymore!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.....that's what we did when we moved from the UK. I started packing as soon as the For Sale sign went up; I did a couple of boxes a week, starting with my books, CD's and "bits I just had to take"....you know the stuff I mean.....stuff your kids make that have no use at all but you just can't part with. I've already got 3 boxes of stuff for the Sally Army thrift store.....just where does it all come from! The leather gear I'm wearing.....to the left, though, has to be kept til last!
Also remove all personal items ie photos etc. You want a perspective buyer to think of it as their home not yours. Clean all around the front of the house...especially the front door...a hanging basket can be a nice touch. Remove all evidence of pets.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

We had to add plants inside too! Luckily they are very cheap at IKEA...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.