Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Homesick ! Youtube !! Could save you a motza !!!

Homesick ! Youtube !! Could save you a motza !!!

Old Dec 26th 2008, 2:15 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice
Default Homesick ! Youtube !! Could save you a motza !!!

There is a fast way to get back home just for the short visit just to have a quick look to see what you may be missing or just a reminder of why you really did leave you see thats a problem when you forget why the hell you took off with that one way ticket vowing never to return no matter what .........i found youtube to be very useful in refreshing the memory because believe it or not people do actualy upload the most boring places like the platform at your local tube station i mean how boring so now just picture yourself on that gloomy platform in your 10 pound suit going to your 30 pound aday job Now still homesick Oh and what about that gloomy bus stop just around the corner you know the one where you used to wait for ages in the pouring rain the one with no shelter still homesick looking on google earth at my parents house where they cant even get a park for the car and sometimes have to park up the street :curse: ....... you see its all mind games and you have to know how to play that game if you are going to avoid those expensive lessons make sure you get a good look at your local job centre its a must for the visitor one of the 7 wonders of the world
Old Dec 26th 2008, 2:53 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick ! Youtube !! Could save you a motza !!!

But some of us didn't leave UK cause we hated living there. We moved to be with someone, or a job offer or other things. So we have very fond memories of living and working there. But then I never had to wear a suit or wait for a train. I wore a nurses uniform and lived 5 minutes by car from the hospital.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 6:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherpa
There is a fast way to get back home just for the short visit just to have a quick look to see what you may be missing or just a reminder of why you really did leave you see thats a problem when you forget why the hell you took off with that one way ticket vowing never to return no matter what .........i found youtube to be very useful in refreshing the memory because believe it or not people do actualy upload the most boring places like the platform at your local tube station i mean how boring so now just picture yourself on that gloomy platform in your 10 pound suit going to your 30 pound aday job Now still homesick Oh and what about that gloomy bus stop just around the corner you know the one where you used to wait for ages in the pouring rain the one with no shelter still homesick looking on google earth at my parents house where they cant even get a park for the car and sometimes have to park up the street :curse: ....... you see its all mind games and you have to know how to play that game if you are going to avoid those expensive lessons make sure you get a good look at your local job centre its a must for the visitor one of the 7 wonders of the world
I bet there are just as many tedious videos of Australia as there are of the UK!

I go home every year and I still love the place. Doesn't matter how many people point out the less than perfect bits, home will always be where the heart is.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sick of hearing form these miserable doom and gloom mongers!

I GET IT! WE ALL GET IT! The UK is not a perfect place. It has miserable weather sometimes. The economy is in a bit of a mess (although not remotely anywhere near as bad as some would have us believe), infrastructure needs a lot of investment in some parts, there's high crime in some parts, you have to pay to watch TV, unemployment is higher than some other places (although still extremely low by historic standards), some places have racial problems, some places are downright terrible, and there are other problems too. WE ALL KNOW THIS SO PLEASE STOP TELLING US!

The fact remains, it is home, and it's not all that bad!
Old Dec 26th 2008, 7:57 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice

Had christmas day on the beach this year lovely sunny day beautiful clear water and golden sandy beach had the turkey the ham king prawns and some tasty christmas pud all washed down with a lovely bottle of red went for a wee swim then sat and watched the sunset well i must say it was nice, backagen what doom and gloom people come and go for a reason just pointing out ways to jog your memory saves all thoughs multiple trips.
I find age changes my expectations so now im of the age where im more likely to settle going back and if property prices continue to head south i may be in the position to buy in a better suburb .
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

Well sorry if I misread your previous post Sherpa, but to me it seemed like you were trying to put everyone off moving back to Britain by reminding us of the bad bits of Britain!

If you're moving back yourself I guess that wasn't your intention, so please accept my apologies!
Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Had christmas day on the beach this year lovely sunny day beautiful clear water and golden sandy beach had the turkey the ham king prawns and some tasty christmas pud all washed down with a lovely bottle of red went for a wee swim then sat and watched the sunset well i must say it was nice, backagen what doom and gloom people come and go for a reason just pointing out ways to jog your memory saves all thoughs multiple trips.
I find age changes my expectations so now im of the age where im more likely to settle going back and if property prices continue to head south i may be in the position to buy in a better suburb .
Patronising twaddle
Old Dec 26th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Well I hope you didn't go out between 10-3 or you would have been burnt to a cinder.

And I hope you didn't get bitten by any nasties like jellyfish (or worse) in the water.

And what about the mozzies biting you and flies incessantly on your food once you get back on dry land?

We can all look at the negatives of any situation if we chose to do so.

I'm having a christmas back in blighty having been in aus for over 8 years and I can tell you now, for me, this shits all over an aussie christmas.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rabsody
I'm having a christmas back in blighty having been in aus for over 8 years and I can tell you now, for me, this shits all over an aussie christmas.
Nice work Rab.

Christmas here was 31C and humid, too hot and sunny to go outside.
We had prawns but there is no way it was red drinking weather, had a couple of champagnes and got a headache because of the heat.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 11:26 pm
Banned

Yes rabsody the sun did burn but with the cooler breeze it didnt feel that hot yes i did get a bit burnt even though i was in the shade most of the time still the food was great and wine beer spirits no matter i still get a headache well nothing beats being with your family at christmas but for me its friends as im here alone if it were easy to hop over to old blighty im sure i would , that long flight seems to get harder everytime these days i need a stop over
Old Dec 27th 2008, 1:08 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Eh?? Have you been sniffing the barmaids apron?

I only been back from there 3mths. I can remember it i think
Old Dec 27th 2008, 4:43 am
Banned

So you didnt stay long Fleaflyfloflum ?
Old Dec 27th 2008, 4:49 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

So you didnt stay long Fleaflyfloflum ?
Ahhh, i see you are new here. You obviously dont know my history.
I was forced to come back because my husband, who was waiting here for his spouse visa, became sick. We shall be out of here as soon as it is granted!

I was there 4mths before i had to come back, and was also there 4mths last year.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

that long flight seems to get harder everytime these days i need a stop over
how very true sherpa, it's the only really awful part of the trip.

on another note: we were worried about taking this trip about two months ago due to the rubbish interest rate. it was about 2.7 or knocking on anyway. now, it's verging on 2 to the pound and sales on everywhere! i'm still in raptures of ecstasy every time i set foot in tesco (so is Aussie OH)
Old Dec 28th 2008, 7:51 am
Banned

Anyway my post was only a generalisation in reality we all have different reasons for heading home using the youtube theory could i guess have some fun even now the thought of going back to london can be a bit scary as when i first started my travelling i was quite young early eighties (1980s) and jobs in london were few so it was easy to jump on a plane and jet off but i no long have the wants i once sort so my priorities have changed some what but the thought of being jobbless doent sit well and lucky i have family back there to make it easier ,i will go sometime early newyear and plan to stop in asia for maybe 2-6 months then my trip to london will not be a cold one but thats just a plan and that plan is a few years old now Cant somebody cut me loose i feel like a bird learning to fly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.