Homeschooling in the UK

Old Mar 6th 2008, 11:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Homeschooling in the UK

Apologies to all for making an off topic post.

Madcarole

If you are interested in teaching in NZ or Oz, may I suggest that you make a post to the Oz or NZ forums. You will then hear , first hand, from other teachers in those countries.

No UK overseas qualification is 'highly prized' either in Oz or NZ. They have their own qualification authorities and standards & it is those that they 'prize'. The most you can hope for is that your quals will be acceptable to the chosen country. Verification of overseas UK quals is exactly that and no more. HS is correct, many migrants go through extra training , courses and costs to meet the OZ or NZ standards. Not because their own UK quals aren't up to scratch but simply because that is what OZ or NZ require.

Look forward to hearing from you on the NZ forum.

Thankyou folks of the MBTTUK forum .
Old Mar 7th 2008, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Apologies to all for making an off topic post.

Madcarole

If you are interested in teaching in NZ or Oz, may I suggest that you make a post to the Oz or NZ forums. You will then hear , first hand, from other teachers in those countries.

No UK overseas qualification is 'highly prized' either in Oz or NZ. They have their own qualification authorities and standards & it is those that they 'prize'. The most you can hope for is that your quals will be acceptable to the chosen country. Verification of overseas UK quals is exactly that and no more. HS is correct, many migrants go through extra training , courses and costs to meet the OZ or NZ standards. Not because their own UK quals aren't up to scratch but simply because that is what OZ or NZ require.

Look forward to hearing from you on the NZ forum.

Thankyou folks of the MBTTUK forum .

thank you for that but i have no idea where you got the impression that i wanted to teach in australia or new zealand..i was answering a question from another poster...
I wholeheartedly agrre with home schooling..read my posts..
and was repeating [rtegarding another post] what had happened when my friend who is now in new zealand..told me!!!

so think you ned to read the beginning of the posts to see where i came from
###carole
Old Mar 7th 2008, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

daisymaisy has a spectacular aura aboutdaisymaisy has a spectacular aura aboutdaisymaisy has a spectacular aura about

My friend has 6 children and taught them all at home in East Kilbride in Scotland,she was featured on a tv programme about it a couple of years ago,her children are well intergrated with various groups in early evenings and weekends ,so her children are getting to mix well with others ,so although the kids are segregated they are not isolated ,which sadly is the case when some teach their kids at home.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

There was a TV prog on the other day about a woman who couldnt find the right school for her son, so bought some property and converted it int a school, where other homeschoolers went. Apparently it was really successful and is now like a "proper school". Didnt see it all but apparently it was good
Old Mar 9th 2008, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Both Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chance to be
There was a TV prog on the other day about a woman who couldnt find the right school for her son, so bought some property and converted it int a school, where other homeschoolers went. Apparently it was really successful and is now like a "proper school". Didnt see it all but apparently it was good
Do u know the name of the school? This is a great idea-I would like to do the same with an arts emphasis of excellence-My wifes a teacher(music)-Maybe we could open our own school and actually teach in it ourselves for low fees to cover the tuition? Brillant I think-pool our resources!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Both Worlds
Do u know the name of the school? This is a great idea-I would like to do the same with an arts emphasis of excellence-My wifes a teacher(music)-Maybe we could open our own school and actually teach in it ourselves for low fees to cover the tuition? Brillant I think-pool our resources!
sorry, ive just lokoed for last weeks tv guide but i must have binned it and the online tv guides i looked at dont show days gone. I think her child had autism - maybe someone else on here has more info???
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chance to be
sorry, ive just lokoed for last weeks tv guide but i must have binned it and the online tv guides i looked at dont show days gone. I think her child had autism - maybe someone else on here has more info???
this one i think
The Woman who Bought a School for Her Son (BBC Two) was the first dud in the Wonderland strand. Annabel Goodman bought the school because her son, Jacob, had some educational problems (it was never explicitly stated what) and she wanted to oversee his rehabilitation. The school had 12 pupils (most of them odd or “not right” in some way) at the beginning and was on its uppers.

Ruben, Annabel's other son, was in a juniors' class despite seeming about 20 years older than the other kids. He felt neglected by his school and his mum. The headmaster left saying the staff were being ripped off. The school was “a waste of space”. Annabel eventually raised pupil numbers to 31. Ruben made it into a seniors' class. But you wondered how this ramshackle-seeming operation survived inspections. The story of the school didn't go anywhere and it was puzzling, given her dedication, that you didn't really root for Annabel. The images of empty classrooms and corridors were unintentionally apposite.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Both Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by madcarole
this one i think
The Woman who Bought a School for Her Son (BBC Two) was the first dud in the Wonderland strand. Annabel Goodman bought the school because her son, Jacob, had some educational problems (it was never explicitly stated what) and she wanted to oversee his rehabilitation. The school had 12 pupils (most of them odd or “not right” in some way) at the beginning and was on its uppers.

Ruben, Annabel's other son, was in a juniors' class despite seeming about 20 years older than the other kids. He felt neglected by his school and his mum. The headmaster left saying the staff were being ripped off. The school was “a waste of space”. Annabel eventually raised pupil numbers to 31. Ruben made it into a seniors' class. But you wondered how this ramshackle-seeming operation survived inspections. The story of the school didn't go anywhere and it was puzzling, given her dedication, that you didn't really root for Annabel. The images of empty classrooms and corridors were unintentionally apposite.
Umm-not what I had in mind-It would have to be a "normal" school with an arts basis to it. I dont know if it would work? It all depends on the costs to set up and if it was free of Government interference.