Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Home! Erm... where did the last 5 months go?

Home! Erm... where did the last 5 months go?

Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:52 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home! Erm... where did the last 5 months go?

Originally Posted by spuds
Thought I'd add some visual impact...!
Absolutely stunning, good luck to you all in beautiful England.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:08 pm
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meljor
Absolutely stunning, good luck to you all in beautiful England.
<Ahem> some of those are in Wales...!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spuds
Thought I'd add some visual impact...!
Lovely, thanks
Old Oct 12th 2008, 3:05 am
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

Great post Spud. We really enjoyed reading it. We're going back to the UK just after Christmas and can't wait! Have been here in Perth 5 years too long!

Flies already out in full force here this morning which spoilt our Sunday morning walk out so in doing some packing now!

Counting the weeks now!
Old Oct 12th 2008, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

can i ask ????how do u get on when u dont have jobs to go back to????do u all have good savings which u use up????or do u get into debt????/were do u live if u dont own houses?????do u live with family ???or rent???
Old Oct 12th 2008, 3:55 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lobby lou
can i ask ????how do u get on when u dont have jobs to go back to????do u all have good savings which u use up????or do u get into debt????/were do u live if u dont own houses?????do u live with family ???or rent???
can I ask? why would you care, you're so happy with your lovely life?
Old Oct 12th 2008, 5:01 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

can I ask? why would you care, you're so happy with your lovely life?
Coz she probably bored stiff of watching grass grow and sheep shagging so now doing this to stop her going insane.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 5:14 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Coz she probably bored stiff of watching grass grow and sheep shagging so now doing this to stop her going insane.
I know I shouldn't reply to her but it winds me up. My mum always told me it was rude to gloat.
I find the you're not happy... shame... my life couldn't be better... I'm so happy thing rude and insensitive.
Well my life isn't perfect and I'm trying really hard to work myself out of my predicament and yes that means working 50-60 hours a week plus study and being a mum and wife so that I can go back with savings to set myself up, because I don't expect anyone else to sort it out for me and I come on here for a bit of moral support and get oh I have a great life why would you go back? BECAUSE IT'S WHERE I BELONG! SO THERE!

Don't get me wrong Flea, I am happy that she's happy but why shouldn't we be happy and if that means being back in the UK so what, it's horses for courses.

Last edited by meljor; Oct 12th 2008 at 5:26 am.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 5:19 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I know I shouldn't reply to her but it winds me up. My mum always told me it was rude to gloat.
I find the you're not happy... shame... my life couldn't be better... I'm so happy thing rude and insensitive.
Well my life isn't perfect and I'm trying really hard to work myself out of my predicament and yes that means working 50-60 hours a week plus study and being a mum and wife so that I can go back with savings to set myself up, because I don't expect anyone else to sort it out for me and I come on here for a bit of moral support and get oh I have a great life why would you go back? BECAUSE IT'S WHERE I BELONG! SO THERE!
Yes but you forget that these kinds of people had an empathy and sensitivity bybass at birth.
The universe revolves around THEM and they cannot see the world from any other perspective but theirs.
You carry on doing what you are doing and good luck to you. One day their bubble may burst and they will feel very very silly.

Hugs x
Old Oct 12th 2008, 5:28 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Yes but you forget that these kinds of people had an empathy and sensitivity bybass at birth.
The universe revolves around THEM and they cannot see the world from any other perspective but theirs.
You carry on doing what you are doing and good luck to you. One day their bubble may burst and they will feel very very silly.

Hugs x
Here's to our future happiness Flea, btw gorgeous little one, she you're granddaughter? No wonder you want to be back to cuddle her.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 11:20 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Super post, very realistic, thanks.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Great Post! I hope I can write something similar soon.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

lucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud of

Hi Spuds

Great post, was wondering when you were going to post on here!

Glad to hear it's going so well for you!

ps. I've sent you a pm.

Lucy
Old Oct 16th 2008, 9:06 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Awe!!! It makes me all puff up, when i read posts like that .......Really pleased your happy your home You mentioned about the squirrels......they seem to be everywhere, i have seen tons since we have been back. I carn't remember ever seeing so many before we left the UK.