Wikiposts

home again home again

Old Sep 9th 2007, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: home again home again

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Hi all
Just a quickie......
I'm back in the UK and its toptastic central, such a lovely feeling I cant tell you. I keep smiling and just cant stop myself, must look like a right idiot . Its been hot since I got back too, an added bonus.
This country really is beautiful. As we drove from the airport the sun was coming up with mist in the fields and hay bales bought tears to my eyes.
Had a curry the 1st night as you do, yum - peshwari nan, tarkha dahl, spinach bhaji etc, went to waitrose for a shop as I'm sad - very sad actually as I found it very exciting, a couple of evening drinks outside a pub, a country drive y'day, still jet lagged, through Sussex towns and villages with ponds, old flint cottages and wooded lanes with dappled sunlight, fields with sheep, horses and cows - just lovely. Went for a woodland stomp and through a field where people were out walking their dogs - simple things but filled me with such joy. Its great to be back and I havent even seen many friends yet - just been soaking up being home.
Off up north to see my Dad in a couple of days b4 heading to Devon

To one and all - good luck with everything
a happy bunny Tanya
xxx

PS - not a singlet in sight
Welcome home, Tanya!

Im so glad you sound so happy Funny how animated people post once they're back.....-like its a different person typing for them.

Take care and speak soon

Chrissy x
Old Sep 9th 2007, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to have you back Tanya!

It sounds like you made the right decision anyway. I hope you continue to be happy in the UK, its not that bad afterall is it?!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:40 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Glad that you are back and enjoying life back in the UK Tanya.

That grinning doesn't wear off quickly either - I'm still doing it after 6 months back - it's good to be home isn't it
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

not bad here is it...........welcome back to lovely England.

LibbyX

ps....that smiley feeling....still here after 2 months
Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:19 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Glad that you are back and enjoying life back in the UK Tanya.

That grinning doesn't wear off quickly either - I'm still doing it after 6 months back - it's good to be home isn't it
Me?? Still grinning from ear to ear after 13 months!

Libby - good to hear you are home and happy.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased to hear your back safe and sound Tanya and enjoying it.

Lynne
Old Sep 10th 2007, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mick69
Pleased to hear your back safe and sound Tanya and enjoying it.

Lynne
Thanks again for the wishes and welcome homes everyone, big thanks to one and all.
Its good to know so many of you are all still smiling after being home a while too, not suprised. xxxxx
So good to hear you're happily settled Libby, tis a good feeling isnt it. I keep finding myself suddenly looking around and feeling all emotional, tis quite entertaining.
Lynne - hope alls good with you being back too.

Funny, seems cheap here too which is a suprise. And really friendly too.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Clairertw has a spectacular aura aboutClairertw has a spectacular aura aboutClairertw has a spectacular aura about

Hi my dear

Just checked in to see how you are - can't tell you how pleased I am to hear you sounding sooooo happy at last. Was great to see you before you left Melbourne. Am glad you had that extra couple of weeks to feel completely confident you were doing the right thing... it sounds like you have - your happiness is almost bursting through the PC!

Making me jealous that you've been in my (old) neck of the woods - Brighton/Sussex - could just imagine being back at home from your description. Bring on Xmas when I'll be doing the same (but in coat and hat!)

Keep in touch and good luck with the move to Devon

Claire
xxxxx
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh Claire - Hello there

Hows everything with you 2. Have u started the defacto visa application yet?
Hope the course is proving good.
You had Kel to stay too didnt you, good one.

Was brilliant catching up with you and Kong too, was a great night.
I did wonder if to stay in melbourne for a bit, really glad I didnt though.
Its brilliant being back, cant tell you.
So much to do!
Went to N Wales y'day with my Dad ( I came up to his and suprised him, luckily he didint have a heart attack) - Wales was simply stunning.
Been sunny every day since I got back too - OK, only a week but its lovely.
I'll email you on your proper email if I can find it
Loadsa love and kisses to you both
take care
Tanya

Originally Posted by Clairertw
Hi my dear

Just checked in to see how you are - can't tell you how pleased I am to hear you sounding sooooo happy at last. Was great to see you before you left Melbourne. Am glad you had that extra couple of weeks to feel completely confident you were doing the right thing... it sounds like you have - your happiness is almost bursting through the PC!

Making me jealous that you've been in my (old) neck of the woods - Brighton/Sussex - could just imagine being back at home from your description. Bring on Xmas when I'll be doing the same (but in coat and hat!)

Keep in touch and good luck with the move to Devon

Claire
xxxxx
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

:curse: great news that you are home, we went back to Manchester (Danebank in Denton) in March 07 until May 07 it was our 2nd visit home in 8 years the first one being in for Christmas and New Year 05 (that was just the best time we have had at that time of year since we arrived in Perth W.A) anyway we had a wonderful time and decided that was were we wanted to be HOME...with have two boys who are in year 11 and yr 9 and we have now decided to go home when our older son finishes year 12 and we cannot wait....being here I have always had a yearning to be back at home, even though we have had some great times here we miss so much more at home....so good luck to you and I am really wishing that was us right now as at the moment I am online as well with my dad (who is 78) who I love dearly and even though he has visited many,many times I miss going for a cup of tea with him at Sainsbury's or the both of us going up to Bury market and having a great laugh as my dad is a really charmer!!! all the sun and big homes cannot bring me that.....all the best and at the moment it is cold wet and windy......and BORING!!!! no markets or other towns for me to visit here....I did most of W.A in the first 3 years!!!! and some more!!! great place for some but not for us!!! Good luck and just think Bonfire night/a cold Christmas with all the lights in the windows and New Year !!!!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wafc
Glad to have you back Tanya!

It sounds like you made the right decision anyway. I hope you continue to be happy in the UK, its not that bad afterall is it?!
Hi, I have not been on the site for a while as we have loads happening here, last time I was you had just come back from Cyprus and was still wondering if you had done the right thing....how does it feel now? Kev and Jackie in Perth W.A
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi, I would just like to say that my family who have visited us here in Perth W.A have all said "oh it's sunny and open and clean" etc but none have come out to live here with us.....some of them think we are mad to give up what we have here but Kevin (my better half) and myself have always felt the pull of home....it would be a lot easier on us if we did not have that feeling and some mornings I have wanted to get up and feel this is our home but it has never happend. When we go home for a visit it just feels so right like we have never been away and we just do not think of Perth at all when we are home, it seems like a distant dream.....but I know how you feel you do have to try and get the right area etc otherwise you might start blaming England for your move when it may just be you are in the wrong area. We have tried many areas in Perth and they have all been nice....just not home
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

....How very sad
Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by brits1
:curse: great news that you are home, we went back to Manchester (Danebank in Denton) in March 07 until May 07 it was our 2nd visit home in 8 years the first one being in for Christmas and New Year 05 (that was just the best time we have had at that time of year since we arrived in Perth W.A) anyway we had a wonderful time and decided that was were we wanted to be HOME...with have two boys who are in year 11 and yr 9 and we have now decided to go home when our older son finishes year 12 and we cannot wait....being here I have always had a yearning to be back at home, even though we have had some great times here we miss so much more at home....so good luck to you and I am really wishing that was us right now as at the moment I am online as well with my dad (who is 78) who I love dearly and even though he has visited many,many times I miss going for a cup of tea with him at Sainsbury's or the both of us going up to Bury market and having a great laugh as my dad is a really charmer!!! all the sun and big homes cannot bring me that.....all the best and at the moment it is cold wet and windy......and BORING!!!! no markets or other towns for me to visit here....I did most of W.A in the first 3 years!!!! and some more!!! great place for some but not for us!!! Good luck and just think Bonfire night/a cold Christmas with all the lights in the windows and New Year !!!!
Sounds like you definately know its the right move to head back when your sons finished year 12, thats great. It'll be worth the wait.
Funny, being back, with people its seems like I saw them last week. Hope you're back heading to bury market with your Dad b4 you know it.
Must say, being able to go loads of different places is mind boggling here in UK isnt it.
best of luck
T
xxx
Old Sep 14th 2007, 4:43 am
Just Joined

Buney is a jewel in the roughBuney is a jewel in the roughBuney is a jewel in the roughBuney is a jewel in the roughBuney is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by pommybird
Welcome home birdy - so glad you're happy to be back - hasn't weather been brilliant??!! Good luck with your move to Devon - and you are so right this country is SO beautiful.
What was that about the Weather ??? ( a few months on ! )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.