home again home again

Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute
Default home again home again

Hi all
Just a quickie......
I'm back in the UK and its toptastic central, such a lovely feeling I cant tell you. I keep smiling and just cant stop myself, must look like a right idiot . Its been hot since I got back too, an added bonus.
This country really is beautiful. As we drove from the airport the sun was coming up with mist in the fields and hay bales bought tears to my eyes.
Had a curry the 1st night as you do, yum - peshwari nan, tarkha dahl, spinach bhaji etc, went to waitrose for a shop as I'm sad - very sad actually as I found it very exciting, a couple of evening drinks outside a pub, a country drive y'day, still jet lagged, through Sussex towns and villages with ponds, old flint cottages and wooded lanes with dappled sunlight, fields with sheep, horses and cows - just lovely. Went for a woodland stomp and through a field where people were out walking their dogs - simple things but filled me with such joy. Its great to be back and I havent even seen many friends yet - just been soaking up being home.
Off up north to see my Dad in a couple of days b4 heading to Devon

To one and all - good luck with everything
a happy bunny Tanya
xxx

PS - not a singlet in sight

Last edited by birdynumnum; Sep 8th 2007 at 9:57 am.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Location: Chichester, England, Auckland, NZ, Gold Coast, Oz. Going back to UK 17th Oct
DebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud of
Default Re: home again home again

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Hi all
Just a quickie......
I'm back in the UK and its toptastic central, such a lovely feeling I cant tell you. I keep smiling and just cant stop myself, must look like a right idiot . Its been hot since I got back too, an added bonus.
This country really is beautiful. As we drove from the airport the sun was coming up with mist in the fields and hay bales bought tears to my eyes.
Had a curry the 1st night as you do, yum - peshwari nan, tarkha dahl, spinach bhaji etc, went to waitrose for a shop as I'm sad - very sad actually as I found it very exciting, a couple of evening drinks outside a pub, a country drive y'day, still jet lagged, through Sussex towns and villages with ponds, old flint cottages and wooded lanes with dappled sunlight, fields with sheep, horses and cows - just lovely. Went for a woodland stomp and through a field where people were out walking their dogs - simple things but filled me with such joy. Its great to be back and I havent even seen many friends yet - just been soaking up being home.

a happy bunny Tanya
xxx

It sounds beautiful!

You sound just like I'll be when we go back next year...can't wait!!

Best of luck, you lucky thing!!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 11:20 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
Just a quickie......

a happy bunny Tanya
xxx

Welcome home birdy - so glad you're happy to be back - hasn't weather been brilliant??!! Good luck with your move to Devon - and you are so right this country is SO beautiful.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 11:32 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

WOOOHOOO!!! thre you are Birdy. I was wondering where you were. Warms my heart to know you back and loving it.
I been doing much the same as you. Isnt it fab? I cant get enough of the scenery and villages.

Oh! And the friendlyness of peopl has been astounding. I went to a chinese for first time the other night while i waited for my order he gave me free orange juice and then gave me a free bottle of wine to take home.

Keep smiling T. xxxx
Old Sep 8th 2007, 11:43 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh God it sounds idyllic. Good luck to you B and please keep us posted. I felt as you do when we went home just for a quick visit and it was Dec/Jan.,so goodness knows how I'd feel if we went home in the spring or summer.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Welcome Back
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

moonlightlady will become famous soon enoughmoonlightlady will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by karla03
Welcome Back
believe it or not.....left when I was 4yrs old & still yearn to live in the south of England....can anyone explain that?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moonlightlady
believe it or not.....left when I was 4yrs old & still yearn to live in the south of England....can anyone explain that?
Wish I could explain it !!!!!! I have been in OZ now since I was 13 and I still get moments when I want to return.It's a feeling that you cannot explain,just an awful ache in your heart.:
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Thanks karla and everyone

DebiE - you'll be back like St.Georges Girl b4 you know it. One last summer to go b4 you head home. Good luck x

St.Georges Girl - you'll be grinning from ear to ear and will be back at a lovely time of year - wont be long!

Thanks Flea - it is really friendly isnt it. nice one with the vino!!!!!!!!!!
I just cant believe the choices of things to do, places to go etc - brilliant. Feels so much more full of life here. Funny, like you I did have the odd worry on how I'd feel being back, no worries there mate Intend to keep smiling. Hope the small people are well.

Thanks PB - yes its just so nice I cant believe I ever left.

moonlightlady - no idea on that one, sorry. Where are you?

Well since posting I've had another fun filled varied day. Some bloke said 'you look happy' as I was walking along grinning (still).
Went to a food fair in Brighton with a really old friend - buskers - good ones, pubs with music, hanging baskets everywhere, people out n about (quite crowded but thats OK) followed by a wander - this place is buzzing after oz it really is - full of life and so much to do. Went for another lovely walk (I so so missed walking in our lovely countryside) and as headed back theres m'bike racing in B'ton tomorrow. Its so refereshing to have such a multitude of things to do. Its like a sensory feast after a drought. To be able to be in a city then in the countryside in 10 mins is brilliant. My brother made me laugh - he said its like you've just woken from a coma! Nail on the head, bullseye.
I was telling one of my friends how nice it is to be back and got all teary.
Trying to stay up to nip the last bit of jet lag in the bud, maybe another vino may help
byeeeeeee for now
take care everyone
kisses
T
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Thanks karla and everyone

DebiE - you'll be back like St.Georges Girl b4 you know it. One last summer to go b4 you head home. Good luck x

St.Georges Girl - you'll be grinning from ear to ear and will be back at a lovely time of year - wont be long!

Thanks Flea - it is really friendly isnt it. nice one with the vino!!!!!!!!!!
I just cant believe the choices of things to do, places to go etc - brilliant. Feels so much more full of life here. Funny, like you I did have the odd worry on how I'd feel being back, no worries there mate Intend to keep smiling. Hope the small people are well.

Thanks PB - yes its just so nice I cant believe I ever left.

moonlightlady - no idea on that one, sorry. Where are you?

Well since posting I've had another fun filled varied day. Some bloke said 'you look happy' as I was walking along grinning (still).
Went to a food fair in Brighton with a really old friend - buskers - good ones, pubs with music, hanging baskets everywhere, people out n about (quite crowded but thats OK) followed by a wander - this place is buzzing after oz it really is - full of life and so much to do. Went for another lovely walk (I so so missed walking in our lovely countryside) and as headed back theres m'bike racing in B'ton tomorrow. Its so refereshing to have such a multitude of things to do. Its like a sensory feast after a drought. To be able to be in a city then in the countryside in 10 mins is brilliant. My brother made me laugh - he said its like you've just woken from a coma! Nail on the head, bullseye.
I was telling one of my friends how nice it is to be back and got all teary.
Trying to stay up to nip the last bit of jet lag in the bud, maybe another vino may help
byeeeeeee for now
take care everyone
kisses
T
I like that comment "waking up from a coma" my turn very soon All the best Birdynumnum.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 3:05 am
Just Joined

moonlightlady will become famous soon enoughmoonlightlady will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Wish I could explain it !!!!!! I have been in OZ now since I was 13 and I still get moments when I want to return.It's a feeling that you cannot explain,just an awful ache in your heart.:
I guess its in the blood! Once a Brit always a Brit as my Mother used to say, bye the way I'm in Newfoundland , Just across the Pond!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moonlightlady
I guess its in the blood! Once a Brit always a Brit as my Mother used to say, bye the way I'm in Newfoundland , Just across the Pond!
When do you plan to return to the U.K.? or are you still thinking about it... My friend is leaving tonight for Manchester,she is at Melbourne airport as I write this.This is her first trip back in 20 years I know she will love it.She is going to stay with a friend in my hometown Belfast for a few weeks,then Dublin.I wish I could have gone with her but sadly I have to work to pay for my trip next year.
Can't wait.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 11:15 am

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one BM, very happy for you. But very jealous
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tanya

What fantastic posts, you sound sooo happy! I know you were a bit wobbly before you left, so I'm really pleased things have fallen straight back into place for you! It was meant to be. Must be wonderful to see your family, friends and familiar (and new) sights.

Enjoy!

Hugs,

Faye
Old Sep 9th 2007, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
When do you plan to return to the U.K.? or are you still thinking about it... My friend is leaving tonight for Manchester,she is at Melbourne airport as I write this.This is her first trip back in 20 years I know she will love it.She is going to stay with a friend in my hometown Belfast for a few weeks,then Dublin.I wish I could have gone with her but sadly I have to work to pay for my trip next year.
Can't wait.
I have been thinking about it for 2 yrs now, It would be a big move for me, but something I feel I would like to do. I just need to do some groundwork to see if it would be feasible- With me its been a nagging thought for so long,almost as if its a calling-I cannot explain it.I have travelled all over the U.S. lived in many states from the far south to the North east, midwest & North West, was never content in any of those areas. I visited England 12 yrs ago & I fell in Love with the place, there was such a contentment in me I cannot explain! I have longed to live there ever since,I have explored which area and have decided Dorset is where I would like to settle, for the climate among so many other things- and this is really strange ,I have been researching family roots for 10yrs now & I have only very recently discovered that my paternal ancestors were from Dorset- some might say a coincidence ,but it haunts me sometimes. I guess what I need is a feasibility study done so I can make an informed decision...Wanting to go is only part of the equation,I have to be realistic about the move-In other words I have to be able to afford to live there. If I win the Lotto... I'm outta here LOL! Why does money always have to be such a big part of the equation?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.