Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Home in 10 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

Home in 10 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Home in 10 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

Ok guys, got a date for leaving now. We hand over our rental on 30th April and are heading over to Sydney for a few days (little 'un has wanted to see the harbour from the day she saw 'Finding Nemo'!) and fly on to Blighty on Sunday 3rd May (home in time for my birthday on the 7th ).

Understandably loads to do and lots of number crunching, so first job - shippers . Need to get 3-4 quotes in, so those lucky buggers already at home - who should I call and who shouldn't I bother with?

Cheers all!
Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:54 am
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all
Default Re: Home in 10 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to you. We still have a few more months before we go back. Let us know how you get on.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

linloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
Ok guys, got a date for leaving now. We hand over our rental on 30th April and are heading over to Sydney for a few days (little 'un has wanted to see the harbour from the day she saw 'Finding Nemo'!) and fly on to Blighty on Sunday 3rd May (home in time for my birthday on the 7th ).

Understandably loads to do and lots of number crunching, so first job - shippers . Need to get 3-4 quotes in, so those lucky buggers already at home - who should I call and who shouldn't I bother with?

Cheers all!
Hi to you all and good luck with your return home I have read a few of your threads and really felt for you. I got lucky and feel at home now, but a bit of a slog at times Again, Good luck and I hope everything works out for you and your family, I look forward to your updates
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers all!
It's great to have an actual date set I hope the next few weeks go smoothly

It will be great to be home for your birthday, May 7th is my baby girls birthday too
Old Feb 18th 2009, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers all!
All the best for trip home, hopefully you'll be as happy as we are after moving home last May, best thing we ever did!
Old Feb 18th 2009, 4:38 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Cheers all!
Hi chuck!!! 10 weeks too long lol.

You will enjoy Sydney, it's great seeing the Opera house and harbour.

By the way, did you have a quote from Kents? if you did be very careful with them!!! they rip you off AFTER the written quote. Both me and sandrainaus got ripped of an extra $800. What they do is give you a quote, then when your stuff sets sail, they ask for more money due to the exchange rates. You have to pay it or you end up not getting your furniture. Grabbed by the balls big time.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Hi chuck!!! 10 weeks too long lol.

You will enjoy Sydney, it's great seeing the Opera house and harbour.

By the way, did you have a quote from Kents? if you did be very careful with them!!! they rip you off AFTER the written quote. Both me and sandrainaus got ripped of an extra $800. What they do is give you a quote, then when your stuff sets sail, they ask for more money due to the exchange rates. You have to pay it or you end up not getting your furniture. Grabbed by the balls big time.
Oooh, thanks R, will bear that in mind! Has anyone else has similar experiences?

OH and I have both been to Sydney before (me some years ago and him quite recently with work) it's just Ruby who's never been - I think she may get very excited
Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:27 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh, thanks R, will bear that in mind! Has anyone else has similar experiences?

OH and I have both been to Sydney before (me some years ago and him quite recently with work) it's just Ruby who's never been - I think she may get very excited
We're getting quotes now. Oss came back as the best and the most receommended.

http://www.ossworldwidemovers.com/
Old Feb 19th 2009, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Sue1 is just really niceSue1 is just really niceSue1 is just really niceSue1 is just really niceSue1 is just really niceSue1 is just really niceSue1 is just really niceSue1 is just really nice

Hi there all the best on returning home and good luck, can't help on the removals as we go from NZ Sue1
Old Feb 19th 2009, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Great news enjoy your time in Sydney. I love Sydney Harbour !!!!!
are you going back to the same town you left in the u.k.? or are you going to try somewhere new?

All the best on your return keep in touch let's know how you get on !!!!!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cricket1
We're getting quotes now. Oss came back as the best and the most receommended.

http://www.ossworldwidemovers.com/
Cheers Cricket, will put them on my list.

Originally Posted by Sue1
Hi there all the best on returning home and good luck, can't help on the removals as we go from NZ Sue1
Thanks Sue, good luck to you too!

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Great news enjoy your time in Sydney. I love Sydney Harbour !!!!!
are you going back to the same town you left in the u.k.? or are you going to try somewhere new?

All the best on your return keep in touch let's know how you get on !!!!!
Aaahh, thanks, really looking forward to it, can't wait to see little 'un's face! Yeah, we are heading back to Northampton, which is where we came from, will keep in touch on our return!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:19 am
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Cricket, will put them on my list.

Thanks Sue, good luck to you too!

Aaahh, thanks, really looking forward to it, can't wait to see little 'un's face! Yeah, we are heading back to Northampton, which is where we came from, will keep in touch on our return!
Hello there.

Good luck you were helpful to me when I posted a few months ago.
I used to work in Northampton regularly and I really liked it, ohh the memories, keep us posted, James.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
Hello there.

Good luck you were helpful to me when I posted a few months ago.
I used to work in Northampton regularly and I really liked it, ohh the memories, keep us posted, James.

Oh James, glad to have been of any help. Glad you liked Northampton also, although I'm not originally from there, I have lived there for the best part of my years and have a soft spot for it Where did you work? I'll post pics when I get back.

How lovely of you James, I think you may have made my day
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh James, glad to have been of any help. Glad you liked Northampton also, although I'm not originally from there, I have lived there for the best part of my years and have a soft spot for it Where did you work? I'll post pics when I get back.

How lovely of you James, I think you may have made my day
We worked fitting kitchens and bathrooms since the early nineties so knew it well from the Hunsbury estates to Kingsthorpe. I just found the "locals" mostly friendly,genuine and warm and always enjoyed working there. Yes post some pics of your favourite spots, James