Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

help please returning back to uk with us husband

help please returning back to uk with us husband

Old Feb 9th 2011, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

wayneta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help please returning back to uk with us husband

hi to everyone who reads my question.my mum lives in usa with her american husband,she has been married 3 years and been in usa 4.mum really wants to come home and obviously bring her husband to live happily in uk,they are both pensioners,im finding it hard to find true facts on what she has to do,does she apply to return to uk or can she just come home and apply for her husband to become a resident,please help i am back and forwards all over the place trying to find facts on what to do.. thanks everyone... wendy reason for her return is all her kids are here including grand and great grandchildren,her eldest son is terminal with heart disease and renal failure and her daughter [myself] has heart problems too,i myself need her home,please can someone give any advice on which steps to take and which direction first.please please someone advice.... thankyou wendy

Last edited by wayneta; Feb 9th 2011 at 1:56 pm. Reason: added more info to get advice.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: help please returning back to uk with us husband

Someone cleverer will give you a link soon .

Your Mum will be able to come home ,and her husband will just need a visa .

Don't worry ...they will be able to come home to you !
Old Feb 11th 2011, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

wayneta is an unknown quantity at this point

thankyou for your charming reply i am still trying to find out just keep getting different answers.he cant come here without permission,he could get sent back after 90 days,she is due to ship over in august but im scared this wont happen because of delays with my step father. thanks again im sure someone will have the answers soon.....
Old Feb 11th 2011, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Try posting on the UK-Yankee forum as well:

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/
Old Feb 11th 2011, 3:34 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I think she has to get hims a spouse visa first. Then they can go back to UK.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 12:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

We are going through this right now. I'm am a USC and my husband in the UKC. I have to apply for a spousal visa before I am allowed to move permanently to the UK. I would give you more info, however I qualify for a different type of visa from your stepfather as my hubby and I have been married for longer than 4 years. All my research pertains to my visa, and I don't want to give you any misinformation.

I have found these site to have excellent info:
www.talk.uk-yankee.com
http://www.londonelegance.com/transp...in/index.shtml

These are sites I have used to for all my visa research.