help!! need advice

Old Aug 18th 2010, 2:40 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help!! need advice

Is this debt associated with any assets that she may be reporting on her I-864?

If so it will affect the usable value of those assets.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by jp23uk
my wife has some debt in the us will this affect anything?
Old Aug 18th 2010, 3:16 am
Just Joined

jp23uk is just really nicejp23uk is just really nicejp23uk is just really nicejp23uk is just really nicejp23uk is just really nicejp23uk is just really nicejp23uk is just really nicejp23uk is just really nice

no just an outstanding credit card debt
Old Aug 18th 2010, 4:14 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

In which case I agree with Rene.

Regards, JEff

no just an outstanding credit card debt
Old Aug 18th 2010, 4:34 am

Probably not, but you don't provide sufficient context so let's explore it a bit. Others may benefit still benefit even if it turns out that my thoughts are not applicable to your situation.

I expect that your wife had the bank account, and the drivers license, and the voter registration card before she got her 2-year indefinite leave to remain and took up residence in the UK? So how is simply having those things any indication that she intends to return to the UK? If my guess is wrong, and your wife has only recently obtained those things, that would be different. Positive actions taken are more meaningful than allowing the status quo to continue.

C_C's comments on new connections to the USA that your might initiate now, and actions to terminate the connections that she has established to the UK, are what is needed. In this regard obtaining housing in the USA is significant, so something from mum about daughter and you moving in with her may be helpful. Documenting mum's health situation and need for daughter's assistance and care could be very useful.

Regards, JEff

My wife has a bank account in the states, a valid drivers licence and her mothers address and her mum to state that we will be staying there and a voting register, is this sufficient?
Old Aug 19th 2010, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

jp23uk is just really nicejp23uk is just really nicejp23uk is just really nicejp23uk is just really nicejp23uk is just really nicejp23uk is just really nicejp23uk is just really nicejp23uk is just really nice

Good comments, i will reply later once i have finished working and can cover areas in greater detail. Thanks for being patient! But yes you are correct these are all items she had before she moved here, so i agree we need to make steps to show she intends to return, i.e. like a letter from her mum and situation and any form of work e.g. contract of employment i assume would be very useful. We cant start too much until we discuss with her mum ion sept when she is visiting the uk.