Help! England or Toronto?

Old Mar 4th 2004, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of light
Default Help! England or Toronto?

Can anyone please help?

If you had a choice of going back to England after 3 years in Vancouver going back without a job and not even knowing where to settle or going to Toronto as pary of the company relocation to a certain job and nice brick house what would you do?
I haven't been to Toronto so can't decide by maself.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:11 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Toronto is a really cool city (Voice of experience - I lived in Canada for 10 yrs) What have you got to lose by giving it a go? You may find you love it!
If you find you dont like it - you can come back to the UK anyway and be in exactly the same position as you would be if you went back now.
But you've got a guaranteed job out in TO..... I'd go for it if I were you.

W.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:20 pm
mickj

Default Re: Help! England or Toronto?

Originally posted by Gezza
Can anyone please help?

If you had a choice of going back to England after 3 years in Vancouver going back without a job and not even knowing where to settle or going to Toronto as pary of the company relocation to a certain job and nice brick house what would you do?
I haven't been to Toronto so can't decide by maself.

There are many issue here to address, and unfortunately we don't know your situation. Are you a family man, are you single, if you go back to the UK, have you got somwhere to stay?

If you are a family man, you might want to take the job in TO, as it comes with a relocation package. But do you have to live in TO? You can always move to the outskirts, west or east of TO, whichever one suits you best.

If you are single, then you only have yourself to worry about. You can decide to move back to the UK, and do whatever it is that you plan to do there, and also, you will be with family.

The choice and decision is yours !

Good luck

Old Mar 6th 2004, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Gezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by mickj
There are many issue here to address, and unfortunately we don't know your situation. Are you a family man, are you single, if you go back to the UK, have you got somwhere to stay?

If you are a family man, you might want to take the job in TO, as it comes with a relocation package. But do you have to live in TO? You can always move to the outskirts, west or east of TO, whichever one suits you best.

If you are single, then you only have yourself to worry about. You can decide to move back to the UK, and do whatever it is that you plan to do there, and also, you will be with family.

The choice and decision is yours !

Good luck
Thanks for the replies.
It is my husband's job in Toronto.We have 2 little children in preschool, and are a bit wary of taking the plunge of returning to the U.K.'s South East without a certain job for him in the context of some people actually regretting their return to England - never mind the job. It is a bit risky if we find life back home too intense.
Old Mar 7th 2004, 6:30 pm
Franklin

Originally posted by Gezza
Thanks for the replies.
It is my husband's job in Toronto.We have 2 little children in preschool, and are a bit wary of taking the plunge of returning to the U.K.'s South East without a certain job for him in the context of some people actually regretting their return to England - never mind the job. It is a bit risky if we find life back home too intense.

Certain job/relocation package verses no-job/uncertain future back in the UK ... well, I know what I would pick! Good luck with your move to TO or UK!