Help on arrival homeless

Old Feb 12th 2017, 8:14 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help on arrival homeless

was your 3 years outside the UK spent totally in Iran or did you live in other countries also?
Old Feb 12th 2017, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Saman20177 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by not2old
if your family, friends, associates are in Iran, why not stay a while longer, work some, save some extra cash, do the google search for places to live 'room to rent' in a place or the town that you left 3 years ago?

Or, go straight back to the UK soon, then (as suggested) over to the Heathrow welfare centre for help, maybe a homeless shelter (day to day living), register with the job centre, take any job, or right down to the Iranian centre mentioned by another poster?

Will you be taking money back with you to the UK to cover a certain period or will you be penniless?

Will your family continue to support you financially?

Or is your original OP just about not having a 'place to go to' or 'accommodations' arranged?
To be honest its 3rd world over here..thats all they could have done for me is give me money for me to come bak as im coming bak in 2weeks im going to have like 500pound somthing like that
Old Feb 12th 2017, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by not2old
was your 3 years outside the UK spent totally in Iran or did you live in other countries also?
I was in iran
Old Feb 12th 2017, 8:27 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saman20177
They cant do nothing for pictures and it wasent only for the alcoholi drinks i was with my girlfriend in her house when i get arrested and she was married which i dint even know and she didn't tell me.and that is against law beeing with a women in first place neva mind if she is married i mean they could have done worse but i paid all i had as i was doing business over here importing cars from dubai to iran and now from what happend to me im left with nothing. And i just want to come bak and get bak on my feet and work
The current UK government travel advice to UK nationals and dual UK/Iranian nationals is that there is a risk of arbitrary arrest. So 'they can't do nothing' strikes me as a little optimistic.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest its 3rd world over here..thats all they could have done for me is give me money for me to come bak as im coming bak in 2weeks im going to have like 500pound somthing like that
you previously said you had no cash at all. You've been given plenty of good advice. What more do you expect?
Old Feb 12th 2017, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Editha
I prefer to treat all posters as truthful, not trolling, unless there is strong evidence otherwise, but it is surprising that the OP shows himself drinking alcohol on his profile. It is also surprising that his main concern is whether he will be given a council flat on his return. Personally, in his position, my main concern would be a) getting out of Iran safely and b) convincing the UK authorities that I hadn't been fighting for ISIS.
you know why my main concern is whether i will be given a council flat??im willing to settle anywhere even in a small room so i can get a job and move on from this i dont have any problem with getting out of iran right now
Old Feb 12th 2017, 8:32 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

On the basis the way I'm reading all your posts, landing in the UK as a British citizen, you'll have some money, no place to go, no friends, no one to assist you, your family & friends in Iran will not support you financially and have no job?

If that's a yes to all those points, then you will have difficulty in resettlement because there won't be any government welfare support, no council housing & your money will run out fast.

With £500, a visit to the Heathrow airport welfare centre, a bus ride to one of the homeless shelters (a bed & a meal £5/night), a few days mucking about (top up the mobile phone (PAYG), register with the job centre, maybe a visit to the Iranian Association, the citizens advice - on the internet any (one day at a time) paying job at minimum wage £7/hr till you get sorted, consider a rooming house type shared accommodations

Do that for a month or so, maybe 3 months till you are 'Habitual resident', then see what happens

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...esidence-test/

Good luck with it all

Last edited by not2old; Feb 12th 2017 at 8:35 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 8:35 pm
Dichotomus tinker

you know why my main concern is whether i will be given a council flat??im willing to settle anywhere even in a small room so i can get a job and move on from this i dont have any problem with getting out of iran right now
the answer as previous is still NO for the reason that you will need to meet the Habitual residence test' & that is minimum 3 months living back in the UK & for you to immediately on arrival ASAP register with the local job centre

Last edited by not2old; Feb 12th 2017 at 9:01 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pica
you previously said you had no cash at all. You've been given plenty of good advice. What more do you expect?
Yes the only reason i said that because 500 is nothing can i get a room with that no?so yes il have nothing
Old Feb 12th 2017, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the only reason i said that because 500 is nothing can i get a room with that no?so yes il have nothing
B&B's are cheap. where do you want to go in UK ?
Old Feb 12th 2017, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pica
B&B's are cheap. where do you want to go in UK ?
Manchester
Old Feb 12th 2017, 8:59 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester
Are you planning to follow up the contacts already given to you?
Old Feb 12th 2017, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Manchester
I'd imagine there'd be plenty of bar/ restaurant / cafe jobs in MCR on basic wGe. Have you done a Google search? I have family in MCR and they say plenty of work available if you're legal, have an NI number
Old Feb 12th 2017, 9:00 pm
Dichotomus tinker

going the B&B & should the OP need gigs, booze, food, transportation, top up his phone, internet cafe, job searching - I reckon the £500 will be gone in a week
Old Feb 12th 2017, 9:06 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Manchester B&B not less than £40/night x 7 nights + all the other expenses.... money will be gone fast.

Now a shelter in Manchester @ £5/night, scrounge some food & hand outs, the odd cigarette, few cans from Morrisons, the £500 could last 3 weeks or more

By now OP you must have it all figured out, know where you are going to when you get to Manchester, where to look for work ... is that right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.