Wikiposts

Hello we are new!!

Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

the elders will become famous soon enough
Default Hello we are new!!

Hello there
This is a great site. My family (hubby, myself and 2 boys aged 15 and 8.
We are born and bred South Africans who left in 2001 for the UK. Stayed in Northamptonshire for 6 years, then decided to look at Oz. We came in on a sponsored visa to Kangaroo Island, South Australia, with the help of old family friend, we came to manage a motel, anyway long story short it was a disaster, the owners kept running out of money and we were expected to work ridiculous hours with bare skeleton staff. Anyway got fed up after 9 months and looked for other jobs in Adelaide, not much going with any decent salaries, so have decided to head back to the UK, to our old jobs, house, schools etc.
The kids are thrilled, the eldest has 4 months before GCSE"S eeekk, school says it is possible.
We have been travelling around Oz since 1/1/08, great country but the timing is all out for us, so not really feeling too heart sore about it all.
Anyway that's the story abbreviated
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:13 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello we are new!!

Originally Posted by the elders
Hello there
We are born and bred South Africans who left in 2001 for the UK. Stayed in Northamptonshire for 6 years, then decided to look at Oz. We came in on a sponsored visa to Kangaroo Island, South Australia, with the help of old family friend, we came to manage a motel, anyway long story short it was a disaster, the owners kept running out of money and we were expected to work ridiculous hours with bare skeleton staff. Anyway got fed up after 9 months and looked for other jobs in Adelaide, not much going with any decent salaries, so have decided to head back to the UK, to our old jobs, house, schools etc.
The kids are thrilled, the eldest has 4 months before GCSE"S eeekk, school says it is possible.
We have been travelling around Oz since 1/1/08, great country but the timing is all out for us, so not really feeling too heart sore about it all.
Did you get your British citizenship before leaving? Alternatively, do you at least still have valid indefinite leave to remain in the U.K?
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
Did you get your British citizenship before leaving? Alternatively, do you at least still have valid indefinite leave to remain in the U.K?
Yup we got citizenship
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:51 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Yup we got citizenship
Big problem avoided then. Good luck with your plans.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 6:53 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there
Hello and welcome to BE. Sorry it didn't work out for you in Adelaide, but it's nice to hear that your have some where to go back to in Northants. and that your children are happy about returning. My brother lives in the village of Weston Favell, do you know it?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Hello and welcome to BE. Sorry it didn't work out for you in Adelaide, but it's nice to hear that your have some where to go back to in Northants. and that your children are happy about returning. My brother lives in the village of Weston Favell, do you know it?
YES WE KNOW IT, WE ARE NEARER TO DAVENTRY
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

gsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nice

YES WE KNOW IT, WE ARE NEARER TO DAVENTRY
What a small world!!!!
St Geogres girl you did not say you had a brother in Weston Favell!!!!
We are from Higham Ferrers in Northamptonshire. I used to work for the blood service so went to weston favell alot.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 3:13 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsxrmad
What a small world!!!!
St Geogres girl you did not say you had a brother in Weston Favell!!!!
We are from Higham Ferrers in Northamptonshire. I used to work for the blood service so went to weston favell alot.
He's lived there for years. He went up to work on the MK railway when he was an engineer for Mowlems and ended up staying. He was married in a tiny church near him and then had the reception at Stoke Bruerne along the river there. I know Northampton quite well because I used to go up and stay with my brother for weekends.