Hello!

Old Aug 1st 2009, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello!

That's great to hear. Hopefully won't be too long for us either then we can have that meet up.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 9:40 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
Hi guys, just another quick update:

Well OH has been lucky enough to secure a job doing what he did before, but for slightly more money, lol! He has been working for about a month now and seems happy enough. I have been offered a job in a school so should start in September, but still on the look out (don't want to miss anything!).

We have bought a house We had absolutely no prblem getting a mortgage, contrary to current reports, even though OH has only just gained employment, but we did still have the proceeds of our house sale from before we moved to Aus, so I think the hefty deposit swayed it for us! We have been very lucky time-wise with regard to selling and buying again. The house we sold before moving to Aus has lost about $30 (judging by asking prices in that area now) and the one we're buying has dropped about $40K from the peak so we're actually ending up with a better house than we started with - bonus!!! should be moving within the next few weeks and really can't wait to have our own place again.

Ruby has been offered a place back at her old school from September, which we are ecstatic about and she can't wait to return, so that really is good news. Her social life appears to be never ending (as does mine to be fair!). In a whole year in Australia, the only birthday party she went to was her own! Since being back (3 months) she's been to 5 and has two more currently lined up! I really had forgotten how busy our lives were, but I'm enjoying it.

I do still have days where I wonder if things could have been different, if we came home too soon and I really do miss a lot of things about Aus (not to mention some truly wonderful friends made) and it does make me a bit sad that it didn't work for us. But OH and Ruby are so happy and settled again that I know it's the right thing for us in my heart - just taking a little while to adjust.

So anyway, in general we're certainly getting there and it can only be onwards and upwards from here!
Hey you, nice to hear from you.
Well things certainly seem to be great for you, i knew it would be. If you come back to UK moaning and groaning then things will def not work out, but your positive attitude has proven you right and you all deserve the happiness you are having.
Really pleased you have got a new home, we are in the process of buying one too, but being self-employed they are taking their time approving things. My OH is run off his feet with his business, poor thing is working all hours, but he enjoys it and is earning large amounts lol.....so he is a very happy bunny. I gave up my job to help OH as he needs my help now and again, but we are back to where we left and OZ is a very distant memory.

Where have you returned to again??
Old Aug 1st 2009, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Well OH has been lucky enough to secure a job doing what he did before, but for slightly more money, lol! He has been working for about a month now and seems happy enough. I have been offered a job in a school so should start in September, but still on the look out (don't want to miss anything!).

We have bought a house We had absolutely no prblem getting a mortgage, contrary to current reports, even though OH has only just gained employment, but we did still have the proceeds of our house sale from before we moved to Aus, so I think the hefty deposit swayed it for us! We have been very lucky time-wise with regard to selling and buying again. The house we sold before moving to Aus has lost about $30 (judging by asking prices in that area now) and the one we're buying has dropped about $40K from the peak so we're actually ending up with a better house than we started with - bonus!!! should be moving within the next few weeks and really can't wait to have our own place again.

Ruby has been offered a place back at her old school from September, which we are ecstatic about and she can't wait to return, so that really is good news. Her social life appears to be never ending (as does mine to be fair!). In a whole year in Australia, the only birthday party she went to was her own! Since being back (3 months) she's been to 5 and has two more currently lined up! I really had forgotten how busy our lives were, but I'm enjoying it.

I do still have days where I wonder if things could have been different, if we came home too soon and I really do miss a lot of things about Aus (not to mention some truly wonderful friends made) and it does make me a bit sad that it didn't work for us. But OH and Ruby are so happy and settled again that I know it's the right thing for us in my heart - just taking a little while to adjust.

So anyway, in general we're certainly getting there and it can only be onwards and upwards from here!
What do you mean didn't work out? Seems to be working out fine
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that things are still going well. There are bound to be days were you question what you have done and things that you miss, but it sounds to me like you have made the right decision.
I am currently in the UK on a 3 month recce to see if I want to move back. A big part of me does but I do feel a bit of a pull back to Oz also but I'm not sure if that is just because it is a bit of a comfort zone. It can be very confusing at times!!
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:13 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Merseygirl
Glad to hear that things are still going well. There are bound to be days were you question what you have done and things that you miss, but it sounds to me like you have made the right decision.
I am currently in the UK on a 3 month recce to see if I want to move back. A big part of me does but I do feel a bit of a pull back to Oz also but I'm not sure if that is just because it is a bit of a comfort zone. It can be very confusing at times!!
This seems to be the hardest situation. For all the heartache I sometimes think that going and hating it is the next best thing to going and loving it, if you see what I mean
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

sfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kporte
This seems to be the hardest situation. For all the heartache I sometimes think that going and hating it is the next best thing to going and loving it, if you see what I mean
I agree how do you know otherwise and much better than spending the next 20yrs wondering if you should have done it
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Good news . was wondering how you were doing? Take your time . You have escaped a very dull society.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
Good news . was wondering how you were doing? Take your time . You have escaped a very dull society.
LOL, cheers Kev - how's things going with you?
Old Aug 8th 2009, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, cheers Kev - how's things going with you?
Very well,thank you. Almost 5 months home and still delighted I came back
Old Aug 24th 2009, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick note to say that the vendors have pulled out of the house purchase, so we're back to square one . Very few houses on the market in our chosen location so may be at my parent's for some time yet

Feeling tired and drained with the whole move back right now, just want it all to be over now, get back in our own home, get our stuff out of storage and get back to some kind of normality
Old Aug 24th 2009, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick note to say that the vendors have pulled out of the house purchase, so we're back to square one . Very few houses on the market in our chosen location so may be at my parent's for some time yet

Feeling tired and drained with the whole move back right now, just want it all to be over now, get back in our own home, get our stuff out of storage and get back to some kind of normality
Sorry to hear that the house has fallen through, it can't be ideal living with parents. You really do need you own space don't you? Do you have any other options for where to live?
Old Aug 24th 2009, 6:23 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Oh no, what a pain!

We haven't bought a house yet. We are renting until we feel the time is right. Like you say though the worse thing is not being able to get back to normality, unpack the boxes etc..
Is renting out of the question? We could have stayed at my parents but i know it wouldn't have worked for too long so i'm glad we rent.