Heathrow terminals

Old Sep 10th 2022, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Revans18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Heathrow terminals

Has anyone transfer from Heathrow terminal 5 to terminals 2/3 with lots of luggage? If so, how long did it take and was it difficult? I may need to do the transfer with 9 pieces of luggage, not looking forward to it….
Old Sep 11th 2022, 12:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heathrow terminals

Originally Posted by Revans18
Has anyone transfer from Heathrow terminal 5 to terminals 2/3 with lots of luggage? If so, how long did it take and was it difficult? I may need to do the transfer with 9 pieces of luggage, not looking forward to it….
Unless they are small pieces, I think you'd be best going for a taxi transfer like https://www.london-heathrow.taxi/hea...ween-terminals
There is a tube service between the two, as well as Heathrow Express, but you'd need to be fairly fit and organised, assuming you are travelling alone. You can't get the trolleys onto the platforms, for instance, have to move everything yourself from the escalators to the platform to the train.
Old Sep 11th 2022, 1:46 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

If the flights are booked through, the airline may transfer luggage.
Old Sep 11th 2022, 11:31 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If the flights are booked through, the airline may transfer luggage.
Very true, I have to re-check mine as flights are separate, but they have changed the arrival terminal so its now in and out of 3, Much easier. Hopefully the OP will be as lucky.
Old Sep 11th 2022, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies. My flight comes into T5 and I mistakenly booked a National Express coach from T2/3. I’m not sure I will be able to handle all the luggage between terminals, especially if it involves a train. My bus ticket is non refundable and they only allow changes to times, not pick up points. So now I’m wondering if it would be better to just rebook the bus for T5. Ugh…..
Old Sep 11th 2022, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies. My flight comes into T5 and I mistakenly booked a National Express coach from T2/3. I’m not sure I will be able to handle all the luggage between terminals, especially if it involves a train. My bus ticket is non refundable and they only allow changes to times, not pick up points. So now I’m wondering if it would be better to just rebook the bus for T5. Ugh…..
That’s still a lot of luggage to move through Terminal 5 by yourself!
Old Sep 11th 2022, 9:36 pm
Home and Happy

Be cheaper to rebook than to get a taxi, I’m sure.

I’ve done the trip between the two a couple of times, with two medium case, rucksack and bulging shoulder bag. It was a bit tough at times _ getting through the barriers to the platforms and vice versa the other end, where there is no trolley access. Its also quite a trek from the platform through T3 to the coach.

Depending on the size of the items you may well struggle alone. Also if they are all cases/large bags, will Nat Express carry them all?
Old Sep 11th 2022, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

I decided to rebook the bus, an expensive mistake! Yes, they can take extra luggage, you pay £8 for each extra bag.
Old Sep 11th 2022, 10:43 pm
Home and Happy

I decided to rebook the bus, an expensive mistake! Yes, they can take extra luggage, you pay £8 for each extra bag.
yep they will carry them but not keen if you just turn up!
good luck!