Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Heading home soon Florida to UK

Heading home soon Florida to UK

Old Oct 3rd 2016, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Heading home soon Florida to UK

So after 16 years of being terribly unhappy living here, but being continually promised by my sh1tbag husband that we'd go home "soon", he's finally decided to come clean and told me that he's never moving back to the UK, and he now wants a divorce. I feel like he's stolen the best years of my life .... utter B@stard!!!!!!!

So here I am in a flat out panic now, trying to get myself sorted and hold it all together, so that I get myself home to my family before I finally fall apart. I don't have a huge amount of stuff to take with me, most of my clothes wont be suitable for the UK, so no worries there. I did think about just packing a case and walking, but after 16 years I have collected a few boxes of odds and ends that I really don't want to part with. I've looked at USPS, Fedex and UPS and they're horrifically expensive. I maybe have about 8 to 10 12 inch square boxes that I need to get home. I've been through my books, and checked which ones I can replace cheaply back home so as to cut the numbers down, and sorted through everything else to see what I can bare to part with. Now I need help finding a shipping company ..... an affordable shipping company to get my stuff home. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you x
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 8:09 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heading home soon Florida to UK

Google <"Your-town" frieght forwarders> for local shipping companies, many (but probably not all) will ship household goods for you.

Honestly, as lot of the cost is in the collection and delivery, not in the cost of one or two extra boxes, you won't save a huge amount be losing every last book or item of clothing.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at small move cubes (Google move cube).

If this is too big, have a look at excess baggage shippers.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 1:17 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

And be careful when contacting any hitmen you may google.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
And be careful when contacting any hitmen you may google.