Wikiposts

Heading Home

Old Jul 9th 2009, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

nephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Heading Home

hi neiluk yes so much to do I hope we can sort out the citizenship lark quickly and not have the process drag on.I have got to stay to atleast nov as I dont get my open driving license till then glad I learnt to drive though.No house to sell as we are renting,just sorting out the dogs jabs and things.Will be worth it though will post and let you know about the test.z
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

neiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to all

Yea let us know hoe you get on with the test thats the bit thats doing my head in at the minute as we want that duel passport before heading back to the uk so if one of us fails it will kill the other one lol. Our labrador has just had her microchip fitted and rabies jab done blood test next month then 6 months quantine but my wife has her mind set on febuary next year.

Good luck with the test.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:38 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neiluk
Yea let us know hoe you get on with the test thats the bit thats doing my head in at the minute as we want that duel passport before heading back to the uk so if one of us fails it will kill the other one lol. Our labrador has just had her microchip fitted and rabies jab done blood test next month then 6 months quantine but my wife has her mind set on febuary next year.

Good luck with the test.
If you fail the test there must be something seriously wrong with you Joking aside it is so easy. Not sure if you have booked or not yet but they currently have 2 month waiting lists for test dates at the Perth DIAC office.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

neiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to all

Yea have booked it take it next month and have been reading the booklet on and off so fingers crossed god some of the people i have spoke to found it quite hard lol.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:59 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Yea have booked it take it next month and have been reading the booklet on and off so fingers crossed god some of the people i have spoke to found it quite hard lol.
Both my husband and I got 20/20. I worried myself sick over it and it was a doddle. You just have to read the book and you will be fine.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

nephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the rough

hi again neiluk well done the test today and passed both hubby and I got 95% just got one wrong each,glad that is out the way,pretty straight forward and if I can pass it anyone can,goodluck with yours you will be fine
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

vicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant future

Well thats it for a while heading back to the uk after christmas prob end of feb reason for going back is family issues well not so much issues as health of granparents and feel while our children are still young and there granparents getting older it is only fair that they should spend some good years with them before they grow up and move away on there own.
How do we feel about going back well i was dead agaisnt it and felt that if we went back to the uk we would never get the boys back over here again but to my suprise they wanted to go back as did i after much discussion and am quite looking forward to it now.
Perth has been good to us we love the weather the sea sand and sun we live up in yanchep we chose here as it was very quite for the children they could play safely and have made some great friends they love there school very relaxed compared to the the one they came from (personally to soft and laid back for me)We have done the bit brought the house right on the ocean ahd the pool put in and brought the 4x4 but i have come to realise one thing is missing and that is family yes they have come out on many occasions but there is still something missing when they go home.But when we do come back we are going to the eastern state there is only so much you can do in WA and so many placesto visit and we have decided when we come back we need more and hopefully the eastern states can offer this i just feel WA is still 5 years behind the east and 10 years behind the rest of the world in some ways this is good but there is only so much of this you can take.

Yes there will be people saying why go back the uk is going down the pan but from what i see isnt this the same the world over and australia is no different it has its problems its corrupt politicians its racsism its violence but its just a lot better weather here and this helps you forget the negatives that is everyday life i just hope WA realises there is another world out there and other countries are out there and maybe WA should open there doors to a bit of compitition to the monoplys that dominate the market at the moment.

All in all we have had agreat time the children have grown in confidence and we have learnt to become more tolerant of people and our surroundings and look forward to comming back soon.

Such a shame, I got sad reading your post. We live in Quinns Rocks too, we'll be moving soon to Clarkson. I like Quinns Rocks as it really feels "out in the sticks" but I can undrestand that for some people it is far too quiet. We love this area because you're close to the beach and just 10 minutes drive further up north and you find yourself in the bushland and the countryside with loads of farms. I've been to the East Coast before (Cairns and Brisbane) and it is a lot livelier than here in WA.
Good luck with your move.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:12 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

On tests, I remember when my husband and I did our citizenship interviews for Canada. They must have randomized questions, which is only fair. But I got asked to name all the provinces and territories and a fairly obscure minister, like Environment.

He got asked to name the PM. Then the guy picked up the next question and rolled his eyes. He pointed to the portrait of the queen on the wall and said, "Who's that lady?"

Bev
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hi nephilim

Congratulations really pleased for you now there is no stopping you i will kepp you posted on how we go with ours. We were talking last night and find it kind of sureal that we will be heading back early next year cant see ourselfs on that flight landing in manchester i just hope hope australia dosnt become just a blur im sure it wont.
But def will be back at some point as myself and the boys have become real beach bums lol. Good luck with the move and kepp us posted on how things go.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Hi neiluk thankyou for your reply,I agree it definatly feels surreal,I think we do look at it as the adventure is just carried on,life definatly is interesting and long may it continue the worlds our oysterz
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Well guys thats the test passed both got 19/20 bricked myself though as have a lot riding on the getting the test passed but its done now house is nearly finished being painted so will go on the market in the next few weeks and we are starting to sell off bits we no longer need
Old Aug 7th 2009, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

Well guys thats the test passed both got 19/20 bricked myself though as have a lot riding on the getting the test passed but its done now house is nearly finished being painted so will go on the market in the next few weeks and we are starting to sell off bits we no longer need
Congratulaions on passing the test! Do you know how long you have to wait for the citizenship ceremony? - Some friends of mine passed the test (in Perth) a couple of months ago but have to wait until Australia day for their ceremony.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

golfjean is an unknown quantity at this point

G,Day, I am in the process of selling my home just outside Perth and moving back to Europe. I am looking at the Costa Blanca re the proximity to the UK and of course being a bit of a golf nut. I have lived in Perth for nearly 14 years, but the pull of family becomeones really hard. If anyone as some tips on settling in Spain i woud love to hear them, especially re areas,,,,
Old Aug 7th 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by golfjean
G,Day, I am in the process of selling my home just outside Perth and moving back to Europe. I am looking at the Costa Blanca re the proximity to the UK and of course being a bit of a golf nut. I have lived in Perth for nearly 14 years, but the pull of family becomeones really hard. If anyone as some tips on settling in Spain i woud love to hear them, especially re areas,,,,
You would be better posting in the Spain Forum - there are quite a few posters based in the Costa Blanca area.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done with the test...we did ours a few years ago and had the ceremony a few short weeks later at our local council offices....so not to sure if there are now a waiting list for the ceremonies....some people do wait for Aussie Day though and maybe that is what your friends are doing?.....good luck with the house sale....apparently Perth property prices are now picking up so you might be lucky.....we had to really drop our price early this year....gulp...but well....that's life...(or ours anyway.....lol)

all the best

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.