Heading Home

Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

neiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to all
Default Heading Home

Well thats it for a while heading back to the uk after christmas prob end of feb reason for going back is family issues well not so much issues as health of granparents and feel while our children are still young and there granparents getting older it is only fair that they should spend some good years with them before they grow up and move away on there own.
How do we feel about going back well i was dead agaisnt it and felt that if we went back to the uk we would never get the boys back over here again but to my suprise they wanted to go back as did i after much discussion and am quite looking forward to it now.
Perth has been good to us we love the weather the sea sand and sun we live up in yanchep we chose here as it was very quite for the children they could play safely and have made some great friends they love there school very relaxed compared to the the one they came from (personally to soft and laid back for me)We have done the bit brought the house right on the ocean ahd the pool put in and brought the 4x4 but i have come to realise one thing is missing and that is family yes they have come out on many occasions but there is still something missing when they go home.But when we do come back we are going to the eastern state there is only so much you can do in WA and so many placesto visit and we have decided when we come back we need more and hopefully the eastern states can offer this i just feel WA is still 5 years behind the east and 10 years behind the rest of the world in some ways this is good but there is only so much of this you can take.

Yes there will be people saying why go back the uk is going down the pan but from what i see isnt this the same the world over and australia is no different it has its problems its corrupt politicians its racsism its violence but its just a lot better weather here and this helps you forget the negatives that is everyday life i just hope WA realises there is another world out there and other countries are out there and maybe WA should open there doors to a bit of compitition to the monoplys that dominate the market at the moment.

All in all we have had agreat time the children have grown in confidence and we have learnt to become more tolerant of people and our surroundings and look forward to comming back soon.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heading Home

Good luck on your return to UK. We also came back to to family and now 18 months later are on our way back over. Going to try East if not we will return to Perth where we have family and friends.

We also felt the kids had a lot of confidence etc when they came back to UK, and would have to disagree with a lot of ppl that say Oz education is crap as we have one daughter in University over there and when our two went back into their schools here, the teachers were very surprised at their reading and writing skills and also more importantly their attitutes to teachers, and other kids

Good luck to you, your wifes gonna love Primark and Sainsburys clothes are cool LOL!!
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

neiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to all

Lol yes she has already been looking at tesco online just to compare prices the one thing we are looking forward to is a cold christmas didnt think i would ever miss those late night shopping trips in the dark nights snowing or at least very cold all the streets and shops lit up and people rushing around doing the last minute thing. Also a descent pint in a proper pub and taking our lab for a long walk over the moors on a autum day. But most of all going to watch a proper game of footie lol.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 2:21 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neiluk
But most of all going to watch a proper game of footie lol.
Bring a credit card
Old Jul 7th 2009, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Just like to wish you loads of luck,and hope everything works out for you!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 6:52 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of luck and hope you hve a smooth move.
Life is what you make it, whether in UK or OZ or US. Don't let the naysayers get you down. I've been having fun in Tesco and Asda while in UK on holiday. I'm going to miss it when we go back this month.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:05 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by neiluk
Lol yes she has already been looking at tesco online just to compare prices the one thing we are looking forward to is a cold christmas didnt think i would ever miss those late night shopping trips in the dark nights snowing or at least very cold all the streets and shops lit up and people rushing around doing the last minute thing. Also a descent pint in a proper pub and taking our lab for a long walk over the moors on a autum day. But most of all going to watch a proper game of footie lol.
We seem to miss the things we thought we hated lol

I know exactly how you are feeling, sunshine isn't everything. If it's any consulation we are having the best summer in years in the UK, no flies or mozzies to annoy you either, what else could you want

All the best, you'll be fine.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Yea im sure all will be fine still have a lot to do and we are not going till after christmas so one last summer before heading back to the cold god thats going to be a shock the boys wont know whats hit them lol.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:43 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz

I know exactly how you are feeling, sunshine isn't everything. If it's any consulation we are having the best summer in years in the UK, no flies or mozzies to annoy you either, what else could you want

No, but we do have midgies north of the border, will eat a man alive in 30 seconds.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

nephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the rough

Good for you neiluk my family and I are going back this year too,been here nearly 4 years,Though monday I am takin my citizenship test for kids so they can have a choice when they are older,have you gone for citizenship?z
Old Jul 8th 2009, 4:40 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz

I think the lovely weather has produced a bumper crop of animal fleas, my poor Dd has been in the grass with the neighbors moggie and is covered in flea bites (arms and legs and couple on her face.) She's quite a sight. But we are grateful for the lack of flies and mosquitos
Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Good luck on your return to UK. We also came back to to family and now 18 months later are on our way back over. Going to try East if not we will return to Perth where we have family and friends.

We also felt the kids had a lot of confidence etc when they came back to UK, and would have to disagree with a lot of ppl that say Oz education is crap as we have one daughter in University over there and when our two went back into their schools here, the teachers were very surprised at their reading and writing skills and also more importantly their attitutes to teachers, and other kids

Good luck to you, your wifes gonna love Primark and Sainsburys clothes are cool LOL!!
Kath are you sure about the Education in Perth?....I always thought you had problems here with the Education here in Perth?....hope it all goes well for you over the Eastern States....it sounds like it will hold more interest to you all rather than Perth...don't forget how boring you found it and Perth really has not changed in 18months...

I have also got to add though that the course I am doing at the moment the teachers that I have come across here in Perth have said that they have found on average the British pupils to be usually more advanced and they have also found them to also have really good manners....I think it just comes down to how you bring your children up...schools, teachers and your child....not just where you live....
Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
No, but we do have midgies north of the border, will eat a man alive in 30 seconds.
lol...we spent part of our H/moon in Scotland (West Coast) married at Gretna....when we arrived at Ullapool....well my husband got bit to death...looked like he had the measles.....lol....me...not a bite.....but he did say the other day (he was in Darwin) he'd rather face a day in Ullapool than spend another day in Darwin one: (I think) because he really has a bad reaction to Mozzie bites and two: he loved the West Coast and he just loooovvvveeedddd our H/Moon...lol...(hopefully.....as it's our Wedding Anniversary this month...and I love diamonds....lol...)

Anybody heading to Scotland please try and visit Gairloch on the west coast of Scotland....it has beaches straight out of a picture book....and no...I do not work for the Scottish Tourist board....would'nt mind though....
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Kath are you sure about the Education in Perth?....I always thought you had problems here with the Education here in Perth?....hope it all goes well for you over the Eastern States....it sounds like it will hold more interest to you all rather than Perth...don't forget how boring you found it and Perth really has not changed in 18months...

I have also got to add though that the course I am doing at the moment the teachers that I have come across here in Perth have said that they have found on average the British pupils to be usually more advanced and they have also found them to also have really good manners....I think it just comes down to how you bring your children up...schools, teachers and your child....not just where you live....
hi Jackie, long time no speak.... Never had probs with schools in Perth?? only back here in UK with bullying and crap stuff like that. Cant say my two have had any problems settling back in schools here only differences is they are under pressure doing blimmin SATS all the time

Yes I did say Perth was boring etc, but we are trying Eastern States etc to see whats in store over there and would go back to Perth as think this time as I think I would settle better.

When you off then?

Kath x
Old Jul 9th 2009, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi nephilim

Yes we are taking it next month also so the children have the duel passports but yes so much to do the tuime will fly by.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.