Wikiposts

Haywards Heath

Old Jun 13th 2009, 9:52 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Haywards Heath

Originally Posted by Robw4
I live very close to Haywards Heath, great town. I am hoping to go to College there this september :P
Thanks...no bad reviews yet which is a good sign!
Old Jun 13th 2009, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Yes. Humour seems to have left this place

Plus i'm told by reliable sources that quite a lot of people go to another website due to a "certain" person

Anyway, yes, I agree its hard to feel totally settled until you have your own permanent place.
Do you have a job now?
Hi Flea

I'll send you details of those place 4 furniture later. I got a wooden king size sleigh bed for £20 quid as a metal bracket that'll take half an hour to make was missing, bring it on. And other really lovely bits for next to nothing. Love being a pikey
Lewes has a brilliant flea mkt and lots of antique places (overpriced)
I'm working as a freelance chef for catering companies, busy at mo doing v long days for weddings etc - good for the bank bal but missing Saturdays. Still I get days off in the week. Left home at 7.30 today & got back at midnite. Not complaining tho, no I'm sitting here with a red wine winding down. Also doing a bit of teaching and have a morning of gardening which is heaven on a plate.

I havent been on much but I think I know the person who seemed to bug a few people, or maybe I'm very wrong.

Brilliant you're family have donated stuff.
You'll need a big bedroom for your big big bed.

And I look forward to a drink with you

Byeeee

T
xxx
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

deadlock will become famous soon enough

We are off to see some nurses accomodation this week in Haywards Heath West Sussex.
I have never been there before, and have no idea what the area is like. Does anyone know it well, or have any advice on areas to steer clear of?
It is only a few miles from where OH is going to be working and is the only that has nurses housing scheme properties available. Call me a cynic, but I wondered why? LOL
hi i was a locksmith in haywards heath for 9 years,where do i start? some very nice countryside close by,good train services to brighton/london,a good sports centre(the dolphin) one or two good pubs in the town but far better in the country,great sunday lunch in the pub opposite the police headquarters,very quiet at night,i quite liked the place as i had a big bike and used to ride to brighton all the time some great roads,bolnore village is nice but a way from the town you would need a car/bike.the star pub isnt very nice and i believe the heath pub is now shut.do you need to know any about pubs in the area? ps i'm leaving oz soon but am going back to brighton,if you need any more info just ask,good luck
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:03 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deadlock
hi i was a locksmith in haywards heath for 9 years,where do i start? some very nice countryside close by,good train services to brighton/london,a good sports centre(the dolphin) one or two good pubs in the town but far better in the country,great sunday lunch in the pub opposite the police headquarters,very quiet at night,i quite liked the place as i had a big bike and used to ride to brighton all the time some great roads,bolnore village is nice but a way from the town you would need a car/bike.the star pub isnt very nice and i believe the heath pub is now shut.do you need to know any about pubs in the area? ps i'm leaving oz soon but am going back to brighton,if you need any more info just ask,good luck
Thanks for that Deadlock. We went down there on Monday. I love the town! As you say, there is some beautiful scenery in that area. We are waiting to see if we have got the house we viewed. It is near the hospital.
We are not really big drinkers, but do love a nice pub/ restaurant with nice views in the pub garden etc.
My husband will be working in Lewes and we found it a lovely drive between HH and there.

Good luck on your return!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Deadlock. We went down there on Monday. I love the town! As you say, there is some beautiful scenery in that area. We are waiting to see if we have got the house we viewed. It is near the hospital.
We are not really big drinkers, but do love a nice pub/ restaurant with nice views in the pub garden etc.
My husband will be working in Lewes and we found it a lovely drive between HH and there.

Good luck on your return!
thanks flea all the best
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:13 am
Just Joined

paulvshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys - so glad to have found this message board.

We have been living in Prague for the last two years and will shortly be moving to London for work. As we have three boys (12,10,4) the idea was to live within commuting distance of work and also close to a lively coast resort - so Haywards Heath is our current choice. We still have to visit, but as this will not be possible until August I would welcome your opinions on what the town/village would be like for my boys. They are good kids - but love to play out on their bikes/skateboards with their friends and have fun.

Also - as my wife will not be working - is there an active community throughout the week?

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks
Old Jun 25th 2009, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paulvshaw
hi guys - so glad to have found this message board.

We have been living in Prague for the last two years and will shortly be moving to London for work. As we have three boys (12,10,4) the idea was to live within commuting distance of work and also close to a lively coast resort - so Haywards Heath is our current choice. We still have to visit, but as this will not be possible until August I would welcome your opinions on what the town/village would be like for my boys. They are good kids - but love to play out on their bikes/skateboards with their friends and have fun.

Also - as my wife will not be working - is there an active community throughout the week?

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks
haywards heath is a good place for kids the dolphin centre on bridge road has pool/courts etc and lots of woodland in the surrounding area a lot of families walk from hh to lindfield via lindfield common and have lunch in the village its really nice,a short drive to south chailey on the a272 then turn left onto the a275 just up on the left is the car parks for chailey common,very popular with
dog walkersand families,there is a lot to explore in the area,hh is a major train station to london to,i enjoyed living there but it was a bit quiet compared to brighton but that can be nice to! good luck
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:32 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Flea...

Did you get your rental in Haywards Heath?

and is the furniture shop as good as Birdy says... have you been yet?

Ali x
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:26 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by alipally
Hey Flea...

Did you get your rental in Haywards Heath?

and is the furniture shop as good as Birdy says... have you been yet?

Ali x
Hi Alipally.

Well... as you are new to this bit of the forum, you may not be aware of my history. I am the kind of person whose life is never simple or straightforward

Yes, we have the option of the house in HH, BUT!! The whole Sussex thing has been turned on its head. We may not be going there afterall!!
I intend to do a thread about it as we are in turmoil as to what to do and am hoping for a bit of advice.