Wikiposts

Haywards Heath

Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Haywards Heath

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Bumpkin??

I have been living in Australia for the last few years. I'll cope
Hee hee

Ahh Flea - thats brilliant you're going to be able to get a place for awhile & be settled.
H Heath is fine. You've access to lots of other places and lovely countryside around too. It'll give you a good chance to get a feel of where you like in the area to move to.

I'm on the A275 between Lewes & H Heath, a place called Cooksbridge - really like it round these parts. Lewes is a great little town too.

Good luck with it all and I hope you really like it round here

T
xxx
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:20 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Hee hee

Ahh Flea - thats brilliant you're going to be able to get a place for awhile & be settled.
H Heath is fine. You've access to lots of other places and lovely countryside around too. It'll give you a good chance to get a feel of where you like in the area to move to.

I'm on the A275 between Lewes & H Heath, a place called Cooksbridge - really like it round these parts. Lewes is a great little town too.

Good luck with it all and I hope you really like it round here

T
xxx
Hiya T!

When we went to his job interview in Lewes we went through Cooksbridge. We had lunch at the Rainbow Inn. Do you know it?
We will definitely have to meet up when we move as you are very close by!

I have to admit i loved Barcombe, but i doubt we will find anythng there!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya T!

When we went to his job interview in Lewes we went through Cooksbridge. We had lunch at the Rainbow Inn. Do you know it?
We will definitely have to meet up when we move as you are very close by!

I have to admit i loved Barcombe, but i doubt we will find anythng there!
Thats my local The Rainbow, I'm about a 10 minute stagger away, you probably drove past my home!
We will have to meet up.
Theres a pub I havent been to yet, the anchor in barcombe, meant to be v v nice. You can hire rowing boats from it too.
Must say for gawping at lovely homes barcombe/hamsey is great.
It really is a lovely spot to call home
When you moving?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:11 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Thats my local The Rainbow, I'm about a 10 minute stagger away, you probably drove past my home!
We will have to meet up.
Theres a pub I havent been to yet, the anchor in barcombe, meant to be v v nice. You can hire rowing boats from it too.
Must say for gawping at lovely homes barcombe/hamsey is great.
It really is a lovely spot to call home
When you moving?
Somone told me about the Anchor Inn so I decided to go find it whilst OH was in his interview. It is way way down a single track road. I had to stop twice for pheasants who refused to move from the middle of the road. Then dodged a rabbit and ended up having to reverse back up the road to let a farmer through in his range rover!
I cant see me in a rowing boat though

Still dont know the exact date we are moving. All his security checks have now been completed, but my god it has been slow!! His employment contract is signed and now just waiting to get the start date confirmed. Hopefully it will be within the next month.
He has been doing agency work to fill in.

Fingers crossed we get this 3 bedroom house asit will mean the grandkids can come stay!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Somone told me about the Anchor Inn so I decided to go find it whilst OH was in his interview. It is way way down a single track road. I had to stop twice for pheasants who refused to move from the middle of the road. Then dodged a rabbit and ended up having to reverse back up the road to let a farmer through in his range rover!
I cant see me in a rowing boat though

Still dont know the exact date we are moving. All his security checks have now been completed, but my god it has been slow!! His employment contract is signed and now just waiting to get the start date confirmed. Hopefully it will be within the next month.
He has been doing agency work to fill in.

Fingers crossed we get this 3 bedroom house asit will mean the grandkids can come stay!

I'll cross mine for you too.
Good luck!
If you need furrniture etc but dont want to spend a fortune on new stuff - theres a few brilliant places round about. I've been hunting about and got some really lovely things without over spending. I'll pm you details if you want them.

Lets hope you're settled in soon and look forward to a drink in a beer garden one sunny evening with you.

T
xxx
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HimnHer
Hello again,i seem to remember telling you about Lewes a couple of months ago,as for H/Heath is not a bad place,we live in Burgess Hill about 4 miles south of H/H.We have only been back from Spain about 2 weeks,so we are loving it,having all the things we couldnt out there! Anyway as most have said on here there is always Cuckfield or even here in Burgess Hill..........either way good luck with whichever one u choose!
I know BH very well. Not a bad town at all, bit rowdy friday/sat nights at the Top House but another nice little Sussex town.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Theres literally 100's of great little village pubs all around that area. I am trying to think of the name of one pub where you can sit in the beer garden and look out across at the 3 counties of Kent, Surrey and Sussex. Will have to come back to that.

Also have a look through Lindfield just north of HH and also Ditchling, lovely pretty village and the Beacon is a nice place to kill an afternoon up on the South Downs.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:28 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!
If you need furrniture etc but dont want to spend a fortune on new stuff - theres a few brilliant places round about. I've been hunting about and got some really lovely things without over spending. I'll pm you details if you want them.

Lets hope you're settled in soon and look forward to a drink in a beer garden one sunny evening with you.

T
xxx
Hello my lovely - long time no hear - are you still enjoying Blighty??

Flea - I spent a couple of years working at Gawick Airport and lived firstly in Crawley (creepy crawley as we used to say!!) and then Burgess Hil - most of the area is pretty nice - Haywards Heath is good and I never heard anything bad about it. Horsham is also v.nice. Hope you are doing well and enjoying your gorgeous grandchildrenxx
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: Haywards Heath

Originally Posted by pommybird

Flea - I spent a couple of years working at Gawick Airport and lived firstly in Crawley (creepy crawley as we used to say!!) and then Burgess Hil - most of the area is pretty nice - Haywards Heath is good and I never heard anything bad about it. Horsham is also v.nice. Hope you are doing well and enjoying your gorgeous grandchildrenxx
Hello PommyB
Yes, I'm still loving it very much indeed, best move I ever made - its to beautiful in UK, do not know what possessed me to leave
Hope alls brill with you and lifes full of lovelyness

xxxx
T
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:21 am
I don't give a damn

Good luck!

T
xxx
Oooh yes! I'd love to know where to hunt for some secondhand bargains.
We dont want to spend out on new stuff until we find a permanent home, so intend to just get what we can on the cheap until then to tide us over.
We have our super king bed arriving in our shipping next week. Plus rellies have donated a sofa, 2 single beds for kiddies to stop over and a range cooker if we need it.
I have also shipped over a lot of my fave smaller appliances and other odd bits and pieces. Looking out for a dining table and chairs next!

Once we get settled i'll buy you a bevvie!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:24 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by pommybird

Hello PB

I miss all you "oldies" in here. We used to have such fun and games

Yes, i love being back home. Just chomping at the bit to get settled! Grandkids are just fabulous!
When OH starts work i shall take plenty of time scouting out different areas for us to live long term.

Hope all is well with you xxx
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Hello PB

I miss all you "oldies" in here. We used to have such fun and games

Yes, i love being back home. Just chomping at the bit to get settled! Grandkids are just fabulous!
When OH starts work i shall take plenty of time scouting out different areas for us to live long term.

Hope all is well with you xxx
Indeedy, this place and u lot kept me smiling on many an evening in Oz - good ol british humour.
Flea, it took me until now to get my own place and to feel truly settled - wont take you as long I'm sure but I know the feeling. Hang in there, it'll be sooooo nice when u've got ur own place again
xxxx
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:59 pm
I don't give a damn

Indeedy, this place and u lot kept me smiling on many an evening in Oz - good ol british humour.
Flea, it took me until now to get my own place and to feel truly settled - wont take you as long I'm sure but I know the feeling. Hang in there, it'll be sooooo nice when u've got ur own place again
xxxx
Yes. Humour seems to have left this place

Plus i'm told by reliable sources that quite a lot of people go to another website due to a "certain" person

Anyway, yes, I agree its hard to feel totally settled until you have your own permanent place.
Do you have a job now?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:44 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Humour seems to have left this place

Plus i'm told by reliable sources that quite a lot of people go to another website due to a "certain" person

Anyway, yes, I agree its hard to feel totally settled until you have your own permanent place.
Do you have a job now?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:24 am
=]

Robw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really nice

I live very close to Haywards Heath, great town. I am hoping to go to College there this september :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.