Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Having trouble-UK Recruiting Agencies

Having trouble-UK Recruiting Agencies

Old Jun 19th 2011, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Having trouble-UK Recruiting Agencies

Originally Posted by Barbara1133
Unbelievable! It's definitely discrimination. They take on Eastern European workers who can barely speak English, and other nationalities with heavy foreign accents and not a word is said. I agree with other comments in this thread - challenge them when they make those kind of remarks to you. Disgraceful - dont' they realise they are making discriminatory comments?
Could the reason be why they take on East Europeans is that they are cheap to employ?
Old Jun 19th 2011, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Barbara1133 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Could the reason be why they take on East Europeans is that they are cheap to employ?
No doubt they do. But I guarantee they won't make comments to them about their accents.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

Cali2UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for the positive feed back.... I do believe that i did receive some discrimination with the way i was treated. I have been thinking and it may could have been the fact that she did not want to hire someone who she THOUGHT did no have the right to work in the country, but that all could have been avoided if she would have just asked to see my documents which entitled me to work in the UK. I have noticed that as well that there are a lot of people who are employed to major corporations here that when i call i can barely understand due to their thick accents. @ mummy i did try and apply for staples here but they told me that they did not have any vacancies available at the time and that i would have to check back later but, to be honest i would like to try and get a better paying job than that but i would have taken it if there was a position open.

Thanks again for the replys
Old Jun 21st 2011, 12:23 am
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

I am having the same problem and put it down to a foreign surname, however when I challenged one person they just said it was recent experience they wanted - I knew they meant UK. I am still overseas it feels awful I was asked if I could make it to the interview before I submitted the application form!