Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Having a bad day.............pet advice needed!!!!

Having a bad day.............pet advice needed!!!!

Old Dec 8th 2007, 12:27 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Having a bad day.............pet advice needed!!!!

Originally Posted by tajnjet
I have booked our flights!!!
I have been sitting at this computer every night this week trying to find the best way to get my 2 dogs back to the UK.:curse: It's been very frustrating and at one time I even thought I might have to leave them in Canada, but I've found a way and we are all now booked for 25th July 2008.
We are travelling from Saskatoon to Toronto, then Toronto to Heathrow with Air Canada. If, in the mean time they change the ruling and stop flying pets from Canada to the UK as they are trying to do, they will honour the bookings. I had to give up on the idea of flying Saskatoon to Manchester. It was going to mean 3 separate flights for the dogs and I couldn't put them through that.
We have family close to London so we've decided to stay with them for a few days before we head off back to Carlisle.
I'm sooooo excited now.
My next dilemma is - when do I put the house up for sale (probably a new thread needed)
Hi did you get a response from jets4pets????
Old Dec 8th 2007, 12:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have booked our flights!!!
I have been sitting at this computer every night this week trying to find the best way to get my 2 dogs back to the UK.:curse: It's been very frustrating and at one time I even thought I might have to leave them in Canada, but I've found a way and we are all now booked for 25th July 2008.
We are travelling from Saskatoon to Toronto, then Toronto to Heathrow with Air Canada. If, in the mean time they change the ruling and stop flying pets from Canada to the UK as they are trying to do, they will honour the bookings. I had to give up on the idea of flying Saskatoon to Manchester. It was going to mean 3 separate flights for the dogs and I couldn't put them through that.
We have family close to London so we've decided to stay with them for a few days before we head off back to Carlisle.
I'm sooooo excited now.
My next dilemma is - when do I put the house up for sale (probably a new thread needed)
Well done. I was going to suggest transporting your dogs by road from Heathrow to Manchester but thought you probably wouldn't want to do that after such a long journey. Having family to stay with before you head north sounds perfect.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

tajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant future

Yes I got a reply. They couldn't help me unfortunately. So i'm doing it all myself. Its costing me $245.00 each for the dogs. Ladyhayes were going to charge me £1200 for the 2 dogs. I just have to make sure all my paperwork is properly filled out.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

tajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant futuretajnjet has a brilliant future

Staying with family hadn't crossed our minds until we realised that our only option was flying to Heathrow. And my in laws are really excited about seeing us as soon as we get back to UK. It gives us a chance to get over our jet lag and the dogs time to get over their ordeal before we stick them in a car and drive up North.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 1:03 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I got a reply. They couldn't help me unfortunately. So i'm doing it all myself. Its costing me $245.00 each for the dogs. Ladyhayes were going to charge me £1200 for the 2 dogs. I just have to make sure all my paperwork is properly filled out.
Can you do it yourself ?? I thought you could only take animals back into the Uk via a pet travel company and only on specified flights and routes, apologies if i'm wrong, but thats what it says in the Defra web site for returning pets to the UK. If you know of a different way let me know will you please.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 1:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
Can you do it yourself ?? I thought you could only take animals back into the Uk via a pet travel company and only on specified flights and routes, apologies if i'm wrong, but thats what it says in the Defra web site for returning pets to the UK. If you know of a different way let me know will you please.
You don't have to use a pet travel company...the rest is correct.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 1:14 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You don't have to use a pet travel company...the rest is correct.
Really, thanks..... back to drawing board I bet their is no alternative flights from Vancouver then zoom who will only fly pets through a pet travel company and air-transit who i'm sure have stopped flying pets, but i will try just incase.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

You are right on both counts. With Zoom you have to use a pet travel company, and Air Transat do NOT fly pets to the UK. Thats why in the end I had to use Air Canada, and why I have had to book 7 months in advance. They too are stopping flying pets to the UK next year.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:04 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

You are right on both counts. With Zoom you have to use a pet travel company, and Air Transat do NOT fly pets to the UK. Thats why in the end I had to use Air Canada, and why I have had to book 7 months in advance. They too are stopping flying pets to the UK next year.
Spent most of last night checking all this, zoom will only use ladyhayes, Air-transat still fly pets out of canada, but are not allowed to fly into the uk :curse: And as you say air canada dont fly to Manchester and thats deffinitly were we need to land as we will still have a 2 hr drive from their and one of my cats hates traveling 2 mins down the rd.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

We also would have had a 2 hour drive had we landed in Manchester. Luckily we have family close to Heathrow.
Where are you heading for in the UK? Have you tried Glasgow Airport.
I e-mailed DEFRA about changes to their website now that Zoom are no longer doing Canada to Manchester. Their reply was.................you can always fly to Spain where the pet passport is recognised..............I couldn't believe how stupid their reply was. So that didn't help me either. You can fly to Manchester from Canada but it involves quite a few individual flights as I said in an earlier post. I couldn't put my 2 dogs through that.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

My 2 dogs had the blood taken for the rabies test last night. My vet told me that they can now be sent to Ontario for testing. They phoned them while I was there and they said "yes they test for traveling back to the UK" I had my little piece of paper with the recommendations from Defra and it wasn't mentioned on there so I asked them to send it to Kansas which is on the Defra list.
Has anyone heard anything about sending it to Ontario for testing. It was alot cheaper to send it there but I needed to know it was done properly.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 4:56 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

We also would have had a 2 hour drive had we landed in Manchester. Luckily we have family close to Heathrow.
Where are you heading for in the UK? Have you tried Glasgow Airport.
I e-mailed DEFRA about changes to their website now that Zoom are no longer doing Canada to Manchester. Their reply was.................you can always fly to Spain where the pet passport is recognised..............I couldn't believe how stupid their reply was. So that didn't help me either. You can fly to Manchester from Canada but it involves quite a few individual flights as I said in an earlier post. I couldn't put my 2 dogs through that.
We are heading for North lincolnshire, the cats exspecially 1 really hates traveling . I have heard back from ladyhayes and they have quoted me £1520 for 3 cats from Vancouver to Manchester and thats for everything, all airport fees and import, vets check on arrival. It sounds alot but no other way to get them to Manchester and Londons too far. One good thing Ladyhayes have attached all the needed docs and explained in easy terms " so even i can understand" what needs doing exactly
Old Dec 12th 2007, 6:46 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Air Canada are no longer flying dogs to the UK??? Anyone know from when this is effective? Is this just Vancouver as usual? Aggh! My dog weighs 60lbs and has to go in the AirCargo900 crate, which is huge - $3,000 to fly the dog using Air Canada. I couldn't get him on a Zoom flight and BA are even more expensive that AC. Help!
Old Dec 12th 2007, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sans. When are you hoping to fly. If you go on the Zoom website and try and book flights from vancouver to manchester you will find they have no flights available after april 2008. thats when they stop flying to the
uk from Canada. Ladyhayes quoted me for my 2 dogs but didn't say that Zoom no longer fly pets to UK as from early next year
Dingbat. Air Canada haven't officially announced they are stopping flying pets. I was told when I rang up to check flights with them. If you have a flight booked before the rule comes in they will still honour that flight. Thats why i've booked so far in advance.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 7:22 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Hi Sans. When are you hoping to fly. If you go on the Zoom website and try and book flights from vancouver to manchester you will find they have no flights available after april 2008. thats when they stop flying to the
uk from Canada. Ladyhayes quoted me for my 2 dogs but didn't say that Zoom no longer fly pets to UK as from early next year
Dingbat. Air Canada haven't officially announced they are stopping flying pets. I was told when I rang up to check flights with them. If you have a flight booked before the rule comes in they will still honour that flight. Thats why i've booked so far in advance.
Just rang zoom and your right, they confirmed that from April they stop flying to Manchester from Canada, he said it was'nt viable for them to carry on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.