Wikiposts

have decided to go back

Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Rodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to all
Default Re: have decided to go back

Originally Posted by dakesojo
hi all, we have been in aus for 3 months and have decided that long term it is not for us, miss family, lower salary etc. since we have been here we have seen that life wasn't all that bad in the uk, we had good jobs, kids were in good schools and we had a nice house in a beautiful part of dorset. it really is a case of same s**t different surroundings the only thing that we haven't got here is support of a close family.
wondered who people used to ship stuff back to uk? used pss to get stuff out here but wouldn't use them again. any help appreciated
Hi, all returnees was wondering if all you guys have jobs lined up to return to? or are you just going and hoping for the best when you return? if so how will you manage to support yourselves?.. considering it ourselves but such a big risk...time running out for us age wise also, appreciate any feedback
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:20 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

we're both in professions in demand so although we don't have jobs to go back to we think we'll be ok once we're back.I've applied for a job and hubbie has spoken to people on the phone about jobs with a view to being interviewed when we get back in just over 3 weeks.
We've also been saving $'s and sending it back to our UK account so we have money to live off for a while without having to work.
I feel VERY lucky to be able to be in this position though as it wont happen like that for everyone.
All the best!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:27 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

we wont have work to go back to, my DH is a welder and those jobs are few and far between at the minute back home, although not much better here he cant find work and is working on a race track doing maintenance!! better than no job! although we are returning in 4 weeks and not great when we are trying to save every penny we can

we will probably take what ever work we can get at first and then my DH wants to do an autocad course. so we will get were we want to be eventually

it will be hard work but worth it in the end!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baby75
we wont have work to go back to, my DH is a welder and those jobs are few and far between at the minute back home, although not much better here he cant find work and is working on a race track doing maintenance!! better than no job! although we are returning in 4 weeks and not great when we are trying to save every penny we can

we will probably take what ever work we can get at first and then my DH wants to do an autocad course. so we will get were we want to be eventually

it will be hard work but worth it in the end!
You'll be fine.4 weeks.Good for you. I've 8 to go(59 sleeps to be exact)
This year will be tough in Australia I think.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

4 me has a spectacular aura about4 me has a spectacular aura about4 me has a spectacular aura about

Good luck to everyone returning to the UK. We are heading off soon too, 26th Jan, although we haven't booked our flights yet. No one knows at home knows we are coming back so soon as we have told them it won't be til April/May so hopefully they will all be pleased to see us!!

There will always be someone here willing to tell you that you can't make the decision to leave in 2 weeks, 3 months or a year, you have to give it more time, the UK is in the shit just now, why do you want to go back to a shithole, blah, blah. But when your reasons for going back are not so much to do with not settling here and more to do with friends and family back in the UK then who are they to tell you that? I made the decision to go back after being here for 2 weeks FFS!!

We have had a couple of quotes for shipping - Crown $9k, Chess $5200 and Grace $7200, Wridgeways $6300 for share of 20ft container. We have Chess coming out on Monday for a full survey.

My OH is self employed and has been in touch with his customers back in the UK who were devastated to see him leave so have lots of work for him to go back to. I am applying for jobs from here but ultimately I want to go back to college which I will do either end of this year or 2010.

I'm a true believer in that if you work hard enough and keep communicating with those nearest to you things will work out just as they are meant to.

Good luck again to everyone going back, have fun!!

XX
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I had 4 quotes to ship my stuff back and Kents were the best..$7,800 for 20ft. Perth to UK.
I'm going back for the same reasons.
R, that's a pretty good price, will you let me know how you get on with them once you're home? Gonna be looking for quotes come March. Cheers hun x
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
R, that's a pretty good price, will you let me know how you get on with them once you're home? Gonna be looking for quotes come March. Cheers hun x
Hi
When do you go ?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
Hi
When do you go ?

She's not going. I won't let her

Old Jan 20th 2009, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

dakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to all

we have booked flights for june and gonna get quotes from oss, pss and another one soon. when we told our familys they were pleased but now my parents keep asking if we are making the right decision and that they don't think we have given it long enough , especially my dad. i think he has rose coloured glasses on when it comes to aus, he has been here a few times but its not the same as living here. we made a decision that eventhough we like it here it isn't where we want to be forever and with the economy the way it is in the uk at the moment we can still afford to buy a house there. also we have a 12 year old so if we stayed a few more years she won't want to come back and then we will have to stay.
i have no regrets about coming out but just wish people would understand our reasons for coming back without being so negative as if it was a mistake to come out because it wasn't.
good luck to all of you who are home or heading home
Old Jan 20th 2009, 12:38 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wendy
She's not going. I won't let her

you sound like some one I know
Old Jan 20th 2009, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

my parents keep asking if we are making the right decision and that they don't think we have given it long enough , especially my dad. i think he has rose coloured glasses on when it comes to aus, he has been here a few times but its not the same as living here.
Wow, I have a long lost sibling in Brisbane.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Wow, I have a long lost sibling in Brisbane.
Nothing is ever a mistake,because at the time,you make the best decision you possibly can.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:58 am
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dakesojo
hi all, we have been in aus for 3 months and have decided that long term it is not for us, miss family, lower salary etc. since we have been here we have seen that life wasn't all that bad in the uk, we had good jobs, kids were in good schools and we had a nice house in a beautiful part of dorset. it really is a case of same s**t different surroundings the only thing that we haven't got here is support of a close family.
wondered who people used to ship stuff back to uk? used pss to get stuff out here but wouldn't use them again. any help appreciated
Kent removals not too far from you tel 37182600 Thats twice I have give there number out tonight so Im sure im in for a bit of discount
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pike
Kent removals not too far from you tel 37182600 Thats twice I have give there number out tonight so Im sure im in for a bit of discount
x2 for Kent. We used them in 06 (from Syd to UK and back, long story) they were great, and cheap.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
Hi
When do you go ?
Going at the beginning of May, Kev (if I can get out of Wendy's clutches! )