Old Mar 17th 2009, 2:40 am
Account Closed

Back to UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone used a UK removers to organise move back from Canada

Title says it all.

Did it seem cheaper?
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:14 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone used a UK removers to organise move back from Canada

Originally Posted by Back to UK
Title says it all.

Did it seem cheaper?
Did I not give you some info about Global in Toronto? I don't think you'll find a UK mover cheaper than one actually in the country you're leaving.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Chi_town is an unknown quantity at this point

We are just pricing containers right now and found there are huge differences in price. So far cheapest is 9K (we do the packing and unpacking, but they load), and the most expensive is a whopping 14.5 k. This is for a 40 foot container, Chicago to Dublin, door to door. I should add we have only 3 quotes so far, I intend to get as many as possible.
The 14.5 k quote is a full service quote, ie they do everything. I asked them for a quote if we packed ourselves. The sales rep rather snippily told me that they were a full service, top class company and if we were looking for the cheapest it wouldn't be them!!! And she was right, it wasn't!

Anyay OH is contacting shippers in Dublin (with whom we worked on a previous assignment) to see if they will quote for the move. I will let you know what they come back with.

I am wondering if the shippers are actually quite busy these days? I know a lot of people leaving the US to go back to China, Poland, you name it. So I am not terribly optimistic we will get a wonderful deal to be honest. But I am still quote shopping for now.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:37 pm
Banned

keith d is on a distinguished road

Hi. I moved to Canada last year , used McGimpsy's. Both They and their partner firm here(Premier) were beyond excellent. I used a 20 foot container, BUT if I were to ship back home, I would sell as much as possible (everything, if I wasn't a sentimental bugger!) and take a part container with only the absolute must haves. Problem with this is, you stand a better chance of losing stuff with a sharedcontainer (my cousin moved to Oz and lost a shedload of stuff) So in essence, try McGimpsys if you are moving toward the Emerald Isle.