Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Has anyone us BA World Cargo to tranport their pet back to the UK from the USA?

Has anyone us BA World Cargo to tranport their pet back to the UK from the USA?

Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

indigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Has anyone us BA World Cargo to tranport their pet back to the UK from the USA?

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has used British Airways World Cargo to transport their pet back to the UK from the USA. I am going to have to start looking for a carrier soon and I was wondering if any one had used BA or even Virgin Airlines and how much they paid for the service?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone us BA World Cargo to tranport their pet back to the UK from the USA?

Originally Posted by indigogirl1976
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has used British Airways World Cargo to transport their pet back to the UK from the USA. I am going to have to start looking for a carrier soon and I was wondering if any one had used BA or even Virgin Airlines and how much they paid for the service?
Yes there are many...try the search facility located in the pink bar at the top of the page. Go to Advanced Search and search the MBTTUK forums...there are loads of threads on this subject. Or if you wish just read through the old thread titles in the MBTTUK forums.

You may also like to take a look in the Wiki for the steps you need to follow regarding the DEFRA requirements.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:31 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone us BA World Cargo to tranport their pet back to the UK from the USA?

Hi

I used BA three times (US-UK, UK-US, US-UK - don't ask )

On all three occasions I was very happy with the treatment Suzy (see picture) got. I can recommend them based on my own experience.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yes I used BA World Cargo to fly my dog Scout from Atlanta to Gatwick. They were brilliant on both sides of the Atlantic and before the flight on the phone. Scout weighed about 45 pounds and I am guesstimating it was around $1200 US to fly her. She flew in cargo on the same flight as my DH and I.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

teresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to allteresa1003 is a name known to all

I used BA Cargo to fly my two golden retrievers from Chicago to Heathrow. They were great at both ends, wouldnt hesitate to use them again.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Used Virgin to fly my two cats from Dulles to London. No problems and great service - would definitely use them again.