Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Hanson moving to UK....!!!

Hanson moving to UK....!!!

Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hanson moving to UK....!!!

Yikes....what does everyone think about this? She's apparently moving because she's fed-up of all the migrants in Oz. Isn't she in for a shock then!!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/national/i-won...0214-nzkr.html
Old Feb 14th 2010, 7:08 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hanson moving to UK....!!!

Originally Posted by ezzie
Yikes....what does everyone think about this? She's apparently moving because she's fed-up of all the migrants in Oz. Isn't she in for a shock then!!!!

she never did strike me as particularly bright
Old Feb 14th 2010, 7:12 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Hanson moving to UK....!!!

I bet she won't stay long and move back Down Under with her tail between her legs.... She might find a rural village Ireland more to her liking tbh
Old Feb 14th 2010, 7:34 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Mmmmm Bop.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of

This would be enough to put me off going back!

With a likely change in government and other relatively prominent anti-immigration parties in the UK, however minor, maybe she sees this as a "better" environment.

Please explain!
Old Feb 15th 2010, 8:23 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Is she moving to Burnley?
Old Feb 15th 2010, 11:56 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

You've just ruined my day Ezzie

We don't want her here!!
Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:10 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by killerhales
This would be enough to put me off going back!

With a likely change in government and other relatively prominent anti-immigration parties in the UK, however minor, maybe she sees this as a "better" environment.

Please explain!
She'll be able to join the BNP, they even allow Asians etc now..
Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

I read about this in the news but it didn't say anything about her moving to Britain because she thinks there's too many immigrants here.

I think Mrs Hanson is often VERY misunderstood! All she has ever actually said, if you listen to her speeches etc, is that immigration should be properly controlled and that government spending should be directed at things that will benefit Australians (including those who have legally immigrated here from other countries).

She also made some comments about certain suburbs being overwhelmed by Asian immigrants, but that doesn't mean she has anything against Asian people per se, and I honestly don't think she does. What she dislikes (and to be frank so do I) is people who move to another country, make no effort to find work, make no effort to speak the language of their new country, complain and criticise the culture and customs of the new country and try to change them to those of where they come from, and generally end up being a financial burden, or worse still committing crime.

I'm not saying I agree with everything she said, because I don't. Also she often made the mistake of not thinking some of her ideas through thoroughly enough, and made some very poor choices of words in her speeches.

I have no comment to make on the aleged electoral fraud she was supposedly involved in because I honestly don't know enough about it.

I think she's basically a decent person trying to stand up for what she honestly believes most Australians want (and she's probably about 70% right on what they want).

She did have some valid points and ideas, and I think if you really study her political career (as I have as part of my tertiary studies) you will probably find yourself agreeing with a fair bit of what she said.

She wouldn't make a good prime-minister by any stretch of the imagination, mainly because she just doesn't have enough understanding of what it takes to run a country (economy, law and never mind international relations). At the end of the day I think she's not a very good speaker or politician, but also not a bad person.

I've no doubt the people in whichever British town she decides to call home will welcome her with open arms and be happy to buy Fish and Chips from her (that's probably something she was really good at, or so I'd imagine!)

Last edited by backagen; Feb 15th 2010 at 12:28 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 4:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I liked Mmmmm Bop.
My immediate thought.