Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Guess what hubbie has gone and brought?

Guess what hubbie has gone and brought?

Old May 18th 2005, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Guess what hubbie has gone and brought?

He got soooo used to using a dishwasher in Oz that he decided that HE couldn't live without one back here in the uk!!!

The fact that I have been asking for one for years didn't matter

Mandy
Old May 18th 2005, 4:02 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guess what hubbie has gone and brought?

Originally Posted by scrawni
He got soooo used to using a dishwasher in Oz that he decided that HE couldn't live without one back here in the uk!!!

Mandy
you lucky lucky lady...we haven't the room for one in our pommie kitchen...!!so hubby is my dishwasher bless him..!!!
Old May 18th 2005, 4:36 pm
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

:rolleyes

Mandy
Funny how that works.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:52 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Mandy
Hi Mandy,

My hubby would never let me have one so I went out and bought one myself then when we went to Oz we didn't take it with us so didn't have one, guess what the first thing was that we bought on our return and whose idea it was

Susan

P.S I didn't object
Old May 18th 2005, 7:08 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Mandy
I'm jealous too!!! we had one in the UK before we went to NZ then had one there too.. back now and have the tiniest kitchen and NO ROOM!!! I tell ya, I spend so much time washing up!!!
Old May 18th 2005, 7:12 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Debs70
I'm jealous too!!! we had one in the UK before we went to NZ then had one there too.. back now and have the tiniest kitchen and NO ROOM!!! I tell ya, I spend so much time washing up!!!
Sorry to butt in on the Little Women thread but dishwashers are cheap as chips these days and come in all sizes so what's stopping you?
Old May 18th 2005, 7:24 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter always says she wish we would buy a dishwasher and I tell her I already have one, why else would I have a daughter?

Seriously, nice for you Mandy. I think I will be happy just to get a decent washer/dryer when we arrive as my family goes through sooo much laundry! then next will come the dishwasher......
Old May 19th 2005, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

It is a god send really. Our son's job is to empty it which he thinks is better than washing up!

The thing is we brought it out of the local paper for £50 and it matches all my other appliances in make and model, how good is that. It works fine, the lady we brought it off was moving to a smaller house that all.

So for all you heading back after a long time away there are bargins to be had, for instance:

Brought

Dishwasher £50 (nearly new local paper)
Fridge £40 (nearly new local paper)
Chest freezer £10 (old but to be kept in garage)
Iron £10 (tesco's)
Ironing board £15 (Argos)
Kettle £10 (tesco's)
Tumble Dryer £150 (out of town superstore)
Washing machine £200 (but didn't buy)

Hope this will help someone it budgeting for the move.

Mandy
Old May 19th 2005, 8:33 am
scoobydoo

Great!

My husband has gone a bit further than a dishwasher....he is doing decking at the moment, wants a hammock and a big gas BBQ!!!!

Just let him get on with it really...He did move back to the UK for me and my son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old May 19th 2005, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Ha! Ha! Mine is doing the same. He already did the decking before we came but he is now doing the garden, he even wants a fridge outside for the beer And a pergoda thingy (spelling?) so we can sit outside even when it is raining.

And guess what? No way am I going to stop him

Mandy
Old May 19th 2005, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scoobydoo
Great!

My husband has gone a bit further than a dishwasher....he is doing decking at the moment, wants a hammock and a big gas BBQ!!!!

Just let him get on with it really...He did move back to the UK for me and my son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets hope he doesnt miss the prado and the double garage, you could end up with a very large 4WD parked in your front room
Old May 19th 2005, 10:36 am
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Don
Sorry to butt in on the Little Women thread but dishwashers are cheap as chips these days and come in all sizes so what's stopping you?
Our kitchen is seriously small.. and we can't do anything to it because it's a rental
Old May 19th 2005, 1:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

Our kitchen is seriously small.. and we can't do anything to it because it's a rental
can you not buy a slim line dishwasher that you could perhaps take with you when you move?......
Old May 19th 2005, 1:17 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought about a benchtop dishwasher ?

something like this perhaps http://www.infolink.com.au/articles/8d/0c02f48d.asp

of course the catch is that you will loose bench space which I would imagine is at a premium in your small kitchen, but it might work
Old May 19th 2005, 1:20 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

yes Debs mine is the same but we are not renting. Do they do ultra slimline ones that go rounds curves...!??believe me if I could get it in our kitchen and on the correct side for plumbing reasons then I would have had it as top of the want list...but also for now it's "hands that do dishes"!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.