Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Grade 10 Ontario back to the UK?

Grade 10 Ontario back to the UK?

Old Dec 17th 2020, 7:18 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Grade 10 Ontario back to the UK?

Hi all,

It’s been a while since I’ve posted on here. I suspect I know the answer but thought I should at least ask. I would like to move back to the UK. I feel pretty done with this experience after nearly seven years. However, my eldest is 15 in Grade 10 in Ontario and his peers in the UK would be sitting their GCSE’s this school year (he was the youngest in his year back home). Is there any way to move him now without screwing up his education? If we move him in 2.5 years with his high school diploma, what then? I have two other children who are 10, and 5 so less of an issue.
Old Dec 17th 2020, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grade 10 Ontario back to the UK?

15 is not a good age to move. I speak from experience. my daughter moved at the beginning of her secondary education. It did not work out well
Old Dec 17th 2020, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Honey246 is an unknown quantity at this point

We moved back summer 2018. Our son was 15 jut finished grade 10 in calgary.turned 16 in Sept '18 and went into yr 11 final year of GSCE and adapted very well to the education system. If any thing he did better here then in calgary. It sometimes can come down to how well the child can adapt. For us it's the best thing we did. He wants to go to university and if we had stayed in calgary, we don't think he would of got the grades to do it.
Old Dec 18th 2020, 2:32 am
Just Joined

Ruby123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in the same position with our son in grade 10 in Calgary. We are waiting until he’s finished grade 12 before we move back to UK. Trying to make the most of the next two and a half years and not wish it away. It’s not all bad but as you put it so well, we are done with the experience. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old Dec 19th 2020, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

getoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond repute

We were in the same boat when we decided to move back to the UK a year or so ago having been in Canada 14 years. Our son was in grade 10 and our daughter had just started college having graduated. Reluctantly we decided to stay put until our son completed grade 12. My son is now halfway through grade 11 and we are planning to move back to the UK and retire in 2022 as soon as he graduates. It's been tough for us, because we are also done with the experience in Canada. We don't want to wish our lives away also but want to get out of here asap. I don't think they have ever heard of forward planning, its build, build, build and to hell with the consequence! I don't think they have ever heard of cost control either.
Old Dec 20th 2020, 5:50 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the replies.

Has anyone worked out what the High School Diploma is equivalent to in the UK?