Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Good OLD Blighty shame about the NEW.

Good OLD Blighty shame about the NEW.

Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Good OLD Blighty shame about the NEW.

Originally Posted by jan
For all you dreamers out there of how wonderful life will be back in the u.k.
Whilst it may be good for many going back it is very bad for some.I am on holiday right now in the u.k s.e.london at the moment, i have been back here for four weeks and reading the papers i would say it is the most depressing i have ever known,the politics(say no more,stealth taxes,spying in dustbins,the idea of working out how much you should pay in rates depending if you have...Nice views,a smart house,and have taken the time and money to make your home nice you should pay more tax for it !QUOTE Daily mail saturday 24/3 page 2 £1,000 fines by i.d.card secret police. A POLICE FORCE HAS BEEN SET UP TO ISSUE £1,000 FINES TO ANYONE TO UPDATE THEIR PERSONAL DETAILS ON THE GOVERNMENT'S NEW DATA BASE, IT HAS EMERGED. THE UNIT, PART OF THE IDENDITY AND PASSPORT SERVICE, IS EXPECTED TO SEND THE PENALITIES BY POST, AFTER SNOOPING THROUGH COMPUTER RECORDS. POTENTIAL PITFALLS INCLUDE, FOGETTING TO TELL THE GOVERNMENT OF A CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR NAME, FAILING TO NOTIFY OFFICIALS OF AN ERROR ON THE NATIONAL IDENTITY REGISTER AND FAILING TO HAND IN AN ID CARD BELONGING TO A RELATIVE WHO HAS DIED. ALL CASH RAISED WILL GO TO THE TREASURY. LAST NIGHT IT ALSO EMERGED THE REGISTER WILL BE USED AS A POPULATION DATA BASE TO REPLACE THE HISTORIC CENSUS. FROM 2009 ANYBODY APPLYING FOR A PASSPORT MUST ENROL ON THE REGISTER AND HAND OVER A RAFT OF DETAILS, LIKELY TO INCLUDE FINANCIAL DATA AND ADDRESS LISTS AS WELL AS HAVE FINGER PRINTS AND A FACIAL SCAN TAKEN. SHADOW HOME SECRETARY DAVID DAVIS SAID "THIS SINSTER FORCE WILL BE COLLECTING MONEY FROM UK CITIZENS TO GO STRAIGHT INTO THE TREASURY, THERE IS A REAL DANGER THIS WILL BE ANOTHER STEALTH TAX". THE HOME OFFICE INSISTED THAT THE £1,000 FINE FOR NOT RETURNING A DEAD RELATIVES ID CARD WAS DESIGNED TO PREVENT MISUSE. OFFICIALS PROMISED TO HANDLE THE RETURN OF SUCH CARDS SENSITIVELY. THEY REFUSED TO SAY HOW MANY CIVIL SERVANTS WOULD BE NEEDED TO CREATE THE NEW "POLICE FORCE", THOUGH SCORES ARE LIKELY TO MONITOR THE RECORDS OF ALL BRITIONS.

god be quiet, everyone knows the daily mail is a lot of all tosh, again i say this ,

the UK media will be the death of the UK makes me sad really, in england we are the only country that encourages people to put down their own country, its the complete opposite here, the media here makes out how 'great' everything is here, hmmm when they have the same problems like any other western country ( or 3rd world)
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:55 am
jan
classy clipper

jan will become famous soon enoughjan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fishfinger
Can we just stop this now thanks!
Yes i know all rather drull. I promise not to continue on this thread as it is boring i was merely answering back the sad individuals including your good self who were attacking me for expressing a view.
From now on anyone who has something to say P.M. Bring it on!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jan
Yes i know all rather drull. I promise not to continue on this thread as it is boring i was merely answering back the sad individuals including your good self who were attacking me for expressing a view.
I certainly haven't attacked you. I have merely pointed out that you weren't moving back to the UK so you were posting in the wrong forum and then I didn't understand what you were saying. Please do not infer I was attacking you.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:08 am
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jan
The mistake you made jan was reporting anything negative about the Uk , they dont want to know for some reason !!

I personaly welcome all feedback on Spain and would be annoyed if i got there and then found out its not what i expected ! But here it seems they prefer to keep there heads in the sand

Now if you had posted "Wow just got back from Blighty and you had a cream cake in the sunshine and it was lovely" You would have lots of praise

So dont report negative anymore .. You know what its like and so do i and millions of others , but let them see for themselves
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:10 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
The mistake you made jan was reporting anything negative about the Uk , they dont want to know for some reason !!

I personaly welcome all feedback on Spain and would be annoyed if i got there and then found out its not what i expected ! But here it seems they prefer to keep there heads in the sand

Now if you had posted "Wow just got back from Blighty and you had a cream cake in the sunshine and it was lovely" You would have lots of praise

So dont report negative anymore .. You know what its like and so do i and millions of others , but let them see for themselves
Pete, this is the Moving BACK to the UK forum. They all know that the UK has its problems they don't need telling by you or Jan. For the people returning home it is just that HOME.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:14 am
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Pete, this is the Moving BACK to the UK forum. They all know that the UK has its problems they don't need telling by you or Jan. For the people returning home it is just that HOME.
Exactly i know thats what i just said isnt it .. Thats why i never posted before ..
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:16 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly i know thats what i just said isnt it .. Thats why i never posted before ..
you were taking the piss. just leave them alone why don't you. Why do you and Jan feel the need to spout all the UK is crap nonsense. For the most part of my life in England I was not affected by any of the things you and Jan have mentioned in your posts and I dare say a lot of the others who are moving back aren't either. I know its an open forum but just leave them alone why don't you.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Being as we are all Expats who want to go back and are going back, well it's safe to say we have already bought the T Shirt and worn it right out, & now left with big hole's in it, so we know what we are going back to and I'm well happy

Last edited by britvic; Mar 28th 2007 at 11:19 am.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Pete, I know what the UK is like, I lived there for 33 years, I go back regularly and I have lots of family there. I just don't need to keep hearing negative postings about the place I already know enough about. It really isn't helpful, thanks
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by fishfinger
Pete, I know what the UK is like, I lived there for 33 years, I go back regularly and I have lots of family there. I just don't need to keep hearing negative postings about the place I already know enough about. It really isn't helpful, thanks
Point taken fishfinger
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Point taken fishfinger
Thank you Pete.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

you were taking the piss. just leave them alone why don't you. Why do you and Jan feel the need to spout all the UK is crap nonsense. For the most part of my life in England I was not affected by any of the things you and Jan have mentioned in your posts and I dare say a lot of the others who are moving back aren't either. I know its an open forum but just leave them alone why don't you.
Same as what she's just said.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 28th 2007 at 11:49 am.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:31 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Same as what she's just said.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm agreeing with you...my thoughts exactly.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:39 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'm agreeing with you...my thoughts exactly.
sorry, its early here down under and too much vin rouge last night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.