Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Good OLD Blighty shame about the NEW.

Good OLD Blighty shame about the NEW.

Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good OLD Blighty shame about the NEW.

Originally Posted by LouiseD

I'd better get meself back to paradise quick then hey?
what planet is he or she from anyway same old record!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:59 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Ah the Daily Mail, must be true then.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:17 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jan
For all you dreamers out there of how wonderful life will be back in the u.k.
Whilst it may be good for many going back it is very bad for some.I am on holiday right now in the u.k s.e.london at the moment, i have been back here for four weeks and reading the papers i would say it is the most depressing i have ever known,the politics(say no more,stealth taxes,spying in dustbins,the idea of working out how much you should pay in rates depending if you have...Nice views,a smart house,and have taken the time and money to make your home nice you should pay more tax for it !QUOTE Daily mail saturday 24/3 page 2 £1,000 fines by i.d.card secret police. A POLICE FORCE HAS BEEN SET UP TO ISSUE £1,000 FINES TO ANYONE TO UPDATE THEIR PERSONAL DETAILS ON THE GOVERNMENT'S NEW DATA BASE, IT HAS EMERGED. THE UNIT, PART OF THE IDENDITY AND PASSPORT SERVICE, IS EXPECTED TO SEND THE PENALITIES BY POST, AFTER SNOOPING THROUGH COMPUTER RECORDS. POTENTIAL PITFALLS INCLUDE, FOGETTING TO TELL THE GOVERNMENT OF A CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR NAME, FAILING TO NOTIFY OFFICIALS OF AN ERROR ON THE NATIONAL IDENTITY REGISTER AND FAILING TO HAND IN AN ID CARD BELONGING TO A RELATIVE WHO HAS DIED. ALL CASH RAISED WILL GO TO THE TREASURY. LAST NIGHT IT ALSO EMERGED THE REGISTER WILL BE USED AS A POPULATION DATA BASE TO REPLACE THE HISTORIC CENSUS. FROM 2009 ANYBODY APPLYING FOR A PASSPORT MUST ENROL ON THE REGISTER AND HAND OVER A RAFT OF DETAILS, LIKELY TO INCLUDE FINANCIAL DATA AND ADDRESS LISTS AS WELL AS HAVE FINGER PRINTS AND A FACIAL SCAN TAKEN. SHADOW HOME SECRETARY DAVID DAVIS SAID "THIS SINSTER FORCE WILL BE COLLECTING MONEY FROM UK CITIZENS TO GO STRAIGHT INTO THE TREASURY, THERE IS A REAL DANGER THIS WILL BE ANOTHER STEALTH TAX". THE HOME OFFICE INSISTED THAT THE £1,000 FINE FOR NOT RETURNING A DEAD RELATIVES ID CARD WAS DESIGNED TO PREVENT MISUSE. OFFICIALS PROMISED TO HANDLE THE RETURN OF SUCH CARDS SENSITIVELY. THEY REFUSED TO SAY HOW MANY CIVIL SERVANTS WOULD BE NEEDED TO CREATE THE NEW "POLICE FORCE", THOUGH SCORES ARE LIKELY TO MONITOR THE RECORDS OF ALL BRITIONS.

Hi jan - CERTAIN newspapers are aligned to certain political parties and hence will write articles accordingly - funny when the conservatives were in power, CERTAIN papers could not write enough about how life in the UK was so great!!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

So whats the problem with this any-way?

do you really think people cant get hold of your financial details now?????

The public database will help with crime, I am all for every one being fingerprinted at a certain age and compiling a database, it might just help with some of the crime problems in the Uk.

Wont stop me going back thats for sure, the only thing the recent tax increase on 4x4 will do is increase the desire to have them.

Finger printing and eye scans are done on entry to the USA, this is not much different.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 2:55 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Is your upper case key stuck?

This forum is for people moving back to the UK....I take it you will not be one of them.

I would have expect better from a moderator.

This forum is for anyone who wants to discuss the issues arising from or likely to arise from returning to the UK.

There are negative aspects to living in the UK that people might forget after years away from it. Heaven forbid some people thinking of returning should have to take their rose tinted shades of for a few moments.

Its unlikely there will be much balanced discussion of the pros and cons of returning to the UK if slanging of any negative post (even one based on the Daily Mail) is encouraged.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink

This forum is for anyone who wants to discuss the issues arising from or likely to arise from returning to the UK.

There are negative aspects to living in the UK that people might forget after years away from it. Heaven forbid some people thinking of returning should have to take their rose tinted shades of for a few moments.

Its unlikely there will be much balanced discussion of the pros and cons of returning to the UK if slanging of any negative post (even one based on the Daily Mail) is encouraged.
FYI I am not a moderator in this forum. It has been moved out of the MBUKF and into the Rovers Return.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:21 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Tinfoil hat time.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by iaink

Hi there iain. I just stumbled across this thread and saw your response. I know that you dont hang out in the other areas of the forum very often, and of course knowing you as well as I do, you know that I respect you and that you are always entitled to your opinion. I can understand your frustration, but seriously, I dont think JG deserved that comment.

With all due respect, if I could just make a wee comment. Jerseygirl is really one of the nicest and kindest people you will find on the forum, whether as a mod or just a friend. I think that when you get to know her, you will realize that as well.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:29 am
Just Joined

dave sexi male is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jan
Whilst it may be good for many going back it is very bad for some.I am on holiday right now in the u.k s.e.london at the moment, i have been back here for four weeks and reading the papers i would say it is the most depressing i have ever known,the politics(say no more,stealth taxes,spying in dustbins,the idea of working out how much you should pay in rates depending if you have...Nice views,a smart house,and have taken the time and money to make your home nice you should pay more tax for it !QUOTE Daily mail saturday 24/3 page 2 £1,000 fines by i.d.card secret police. A POLICE FORCE HAS BEEN SET UP TO ISSUE £1,000 FINES TO ANYONE TO UPDATE THEIR PERSONAL DETAILS ON THE GOVERNMENT'S NEW DATA BASE, IT HAS EMERGED. THE UNIT, PART OF THE IDENDITY AND PASSPORT SERVICE, IS EXPECTED TO SEND THE PENALITIES BY POST, AFTER SNOOPING THROUGH COMPUTER RECORDS. POTENTIAL PITFALLS INCLUDE, FOGETTING TO TELL THE GOVERNMENT OF A CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR NAME, FAILING TO NOTIFY OFFICIALS OF AN ERROR ON THE NATIONAL IDENTITY REGISTER AND FAILING TO HAND IN AN ID CARD BELONGING TO A RELATIVE WHO HAS DIED. ALL CASH RAISED WILL GO TO THE TREASURY. LAST NIGHT IT ALSO EMERGED THE REGISTER WILL BE USED AS A POPULATION DATA BASE TO REPLACE THE HISTORIC CENSUS. FROM 2009 ANYBODY APPLYING FOR A PASSPORT MUST ENROL ON THE REGISTER AND HAND OVER A RAFT OF DETAILS, LIKELY TO INCLUDE FINANCIAL DATA AND ADDRESS LISTS AS WELL AS HAVE FINGER PRINTS AND A FACIAL SCAN TAKEN. SHADOW HOME SECRETARY DAVID DAVIS SAID "THIS SINSTER FORCE WILL BE COLLECTING MONEY FROM UK CITIZENS TO GO STRAIGHT INTO THE TREASURY, THERE IS A REAL DANGER THIS WILL BE ANOTHER STEALTH TAX". THE HOME OFFICE INSISTED THAT THE £1,000 FINE FOR NOT RETURNING A DEAD RELATIVES ID CARD WAS DESIGNED TO PREVENT MISUSE. OFFICIALS PROMISED TO HANDLE THE RETURN OF SUCH CARDS SENSITIVELY. THEY REFUSED TO SAY HOW MANY CIVIL SERVANTS WOULD BE NEEDED TO CREATE THE NEW "POLICE FORCE", THOUGH SCORES ARE LIKELY TO MONITOR THE RECORDS OF ALL BRITIONS.
hi bbe x
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:29 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

You shouldn't listen to everythingyou read!!!!

if the uk is so bad why do millions of people live there?? i think what some people need to remember is every country has its problems and the press play on this they do have papers to sell after all dont they!!!!

kez
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:52 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LouiseD

I'd better get meself back to paradise quick then hey?
PARADISE HA HA !!! perth is lovely but paradise it aint!!!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 2:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jan

You enjoyed it then
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
You enjoyed it then
Am I the only person who can hear that line from Dinner Ladies going round in my head......"It was in the Daily Mail......"
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:16 am
jan
classy clipper

jan will become famous soon enoughjan will become famous soon enough

OOH! AH! How defensive of you all bar one! Obviously that poster appreciates a different view. In response to the pond life single cell peeps who can only manage silly snide remarks i was merely quoting an article i had read. I am lucky enough to be able to return to the u.k. as often as i wish as i still have property there and also in France i am not anti - returnees to the u.k. i am sure having read your responses to my post many of you will indeed settle in very nicely to the New Blighty and wish you luck!
But please allow others to express their opinion as we are all entitled to that at the moment
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:20 am
jan
classy clipper

jan will become famous soon enoughjan will become famous soon enough

Pollyana. I was truly unaware that you are a dinner lady. Or perhaps a child earwiging? Whatever, dont get off your broomstick!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.