Good news for Brits?

Old Apr 8th 2003, 7:48 pm
ro_
Just Joined

ro_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good news for Brits?

This may or may not be rumour, so dont hold your breath, but..

According to a friend who knows someone pretty high up in the UK home office, due to the "special" relationship currently enjoyed between the US and UK (being best buddys and all), at some point next year there are plans to let British Nationals live in the US without a visa. Has anyone else heard about this? Is it common knowledge and I am just being slow? Or can anyone tell me categorically that this is not the case?
Im British and have a US fiancee.. so heres hoping!

oh and for all the people who are fascinated by pasties.. my mums cornish, and she makes the best pasties known to human kind, be they indigo, cobalt blue or viridian green. and whether they worship kumquats or my little ponies (the humans i mean, not the pasties. theyre kinda beige)

Last edited by ro_; Apr 10th 2003 at 7:55 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2003, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

jimmyk is a jewel in the roughjimmyk is a jewel in the roughjimmyk is a jewel in the roughjimmyk is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Good news for Brits?

Originally posted by ro_

According to a friend who knows someone pretty high up in the UK home office, due to the "special" relationship currently enjoyed between the US and UK (being best buddys and all), at some point next year there are plans to let British Nationals live in the US without a visa.
Sorry.

Last edited by jimmyk; Apr 8th 2003 at 11:55 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2003, 8:13 pm
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

i'm curry loving and pasty...what does that make me?
Old Apr 8th 2003, 8:22 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by jimmyk
<snip> You know the U.S wouldnt be able to give "free" visa's out to us pasties without our curry loving friends getting upset.
Who exactly are these curry-loving friends you are talking about???? The Al queda?
Old Apr 8th 2003, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I would highly doubt that both countries would effectively open up their borders to each other that way.
Old Apr 8th 2003, 8:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Don't hold your breath - some of the main Al-qaeda boys are British Nationals "working" out of mosques in Birmingham, Bradford, Luton, London etc. You know the U.S wouldnt be able to give "free" visa's out to us pasties without our curry loving friends getting upset.

JK

Asking nicely for you to edit your post. It is derogatory in nature and offensive to many nationalities who enjoy curry flavored foods.

One of the nice things about BE is the ability to correct what you have written.

Rete
Old Apr 8th 2003, 8:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pimpbot
I would highly doubt that both countries would effectively open up their borders to each other that way.
Seconded. It would need an Act of Congress and although the two countries are bosom buddies, I, personally, don't see that this would ever come to pass, at least in my lifetime. Although I don't see that the rumor included Britian opening its borders to the Yanks for immigration w/o visas.

Rete
Old Apr 8th 2003, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

missfrancosuiss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ro_

According to a friend who knows someone pretty high up in the UK home office, due to the "special" relationship currently enjoyed between the US and UK (being best buddys and all), at some point next year there are plans to let British Nationals live in the US without a visa. Has anyone else heard about this? Is it common knowledge and I am just being slow? Or can anyone tell me categorically that this is not the case?
Strikes me like an April Fool's joke!
Old Apr 8th 2003, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevelisaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't hold your breath - some of the main Al-qaeda boys are British Nationals "working" out of mosques in Birmingham, Bradford, Luton, London etc. You know the U.S wouldnt be able to give "free" visa's out to us pasties without our curry loving friends getting upset.
I asked my hubby what pasties is supposed to mean as he's a Brit......he said he couldn't interpert a meaning for a quote made by an idiot (sorry if that offends anyone.)

BTW Steve LOVES curry, but doesn't resemble apparel worn by a stripper. (which is the only thing I can think a pastie means.)
Old Apr 8th 2003, 9:08 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting thing I saw for myself in Birmingham Saturday, the President Saddam Hussein Mosque..........
Old Apr 9th 2003, 2:17 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

hehehe A pastie here in NZ is a pastry encased meat type of pie as I am sure it is in the UK too and they are also known as Cornish Pasties. Hope this little bit of useless knowledge helps !
Cheers Shepslady
Old Apr 9th 2003, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

ccalgreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cindyabs
Interesting thing I saw for myself in Birmingham Saturday, the President Saddam Hussein Mosque..........
Yeah, I read that they were going to change the name, but I guess you have to choose your benefactors wisely just in case 10 years down the line they might turn out to be Public Enemy No.1 for American and British armed forces...
Old Apr 9th 2003, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by shepslady
hehehe A pastie here in NZ is a pastry encased meat type of pie as I am sure it is in the UK too and they are also known as Cornish Pasties. Hope this little bit of useless knowledge helps !
Cheers Shepslady
lol oh I forgot about that type of pastie..........still who'd want to be likened to a pastry? Well.......wait I wouldn't mind being a Birds Vanilla Slice ........yummmmmmm...although that's not technically a pastry.
Old Apr 9th 2003, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

UK Isabelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by stevelisaw
I asked my hubby what pasties is supposed to mean as he's a Brit......he said he couldn't interpert a meaning for a quote made by an idiot (sorry if that offends anyone.)

BTW Steve LOVES curry, but doesn't resemble apparel worn by a stripper. (which is the only thing I can think a pastie means.)
I think that in the context of JK's posting, pasty is derived from the word paste, i.e. pasty means "1. like paste, 2. white 3. sickly" (Collins Reference English Dictionary) and is the slang word for white people...
Old Apr 9th 2003, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by UK Isabelle
I think that in the context of JK's posting, pasty is derived from the word paste, i.e. pasty means "1. like paste, 2. white 3. sickly" (Collins Reference English Dictionary) and is the slang word for white people...
Uh I got that .......was being sarcastic in not knowing as I find the poster's remarks to be racist and rather insensitive to a forum that isn't just for "whites" instead is multicultural.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.