Good to be back!!

Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:29 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good to be back!!

Originally Posted by rabsody
Heinz are about $1.20 per can from memory.
$1.20 for a tin of beans that is 10p back home. Crikey.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Luckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud of

Heinz are about $1.20 per can from memory.
...in the UK 4 cans for 1.99 pounds on the Tesco web site. Not sure where the 10p cans are? Tesco's own brand 'value' beans are shown as 20p, if you like that sort of thing!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
$1.20 for a tin of beans that is 10p back home. Crikey.
I don't think the Heinz ones are 10p back home though! So it's not comparing like for like. I have no idea what the Heinz are there?!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luckyone
...in the UK 4 cans for 1.99 pounds on the Tesco web site. Not sure where the 10p cans are? Tesco's own brand 'value' beans are shown as 20p, if you like that sort of thing!
Yeah so 50p a tin, that works out about the same as here. And no, I don't like the cheapy beans
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:38 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the Heinz ones are 10p back home though! So it's not comparing like for like. I have no idea what the Heinz are there?!
Oh OK, I see. i don't buy tinned food (other than tomatoes!) so have no idea of costings either here or there.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh OK, I see. i don't buy tinned food (other than tomatoes!) so have no idea of costings either here or there.
I sense a good cook in our midsts
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:48 am
Gutter Gob!!

I sense a good cook in our midsts
I like to cook and I like to know what food I am feeding my family. I know you can never escape additives and the like but I know when I make a lasagne, curry, chilli or whatever I know exactly what I put in.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

I like to cook and I like to know what food I am feeding my family. I know you can never escape additives and the like but I know when I make a lasagne, curry, chilli or whatever I know exactly what I put in.
Yum sounds lovely! I'm usually like that myself, so the kids get a really good diet, though I do tend to keep it simple: fresh meat on bbq, salad and rice or potatoes. Lately I just haven't had it in me, you know how you go through phases where you are just sick of cooking and food shopping? Well I'm going through one of those! Beans on toast anyone?!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:55 am
Gutter Gob!!

Yum sounds lovely! I'm usually like that myself, so the kids get a really good diet, though I do tend to keep it simple: fresh meat on bbq, salad and rice or potatoes. Lately I just haven't had it in me, you know how you go through phases where you are just sick of cooking and food shopping? Well I'm going through one of those! Beans on toast anyone?!
I feel like that all the time. I love cooking but hate thinking and planning what to cook. Was even harder when I worked full time as then you have the time constraints too. I am sure it would have been easier for me to throw a ready meal in the oven half the time but I just can't bring myself to do it.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

I feel like that all the time. I love cooking but hate thinking and planning what to cook. Was even harder when I worked full time as then you have the time constraints too. I am sure it would have been easier for me to throw a ready meal in the oven half the time but I just can't bring myself to do it.
Oh god yeah, when you work full time it's horrible! You have to battle round the supermarket during the weekend, pick stuff up in your lunchbreak during the week (cause you always forget something), it's the last ruddy thing you want to think about when you get home when you have kids to chuck in the bath, homework etc and you are worn out. I'm sure that's what turned me to drink Seriously though, I think that lifestyle is horrible for everyone - parents and kids.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:18 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah so 50p a tin, that works out about the same as here. And no, I don't like the cheapy beans
Marks and Spencers beans are the best.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Well I dont profess to be a cook, so im afraid my cooking skills are very basic, not everyones got time to cook from cook books and even if i have done them in the past they never look the same.

Aah well i cant be a great lover and great cook now can I
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

No need for anything other than basic skills to mash some potatoes, or boil some pasta, or chop some veggies. Cooking from scratch every night doesn't mean making something that looks like it came from a book. I agree it takes time to figure out what goes with what in the beginning but you only have to build up a collection of 10-15 quick meals and you are done.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
No need for anything other than basic skills to mash some potatoes, or boil some pasta, or chop some veggies. Cooking from scratch every night doesn't mean making something that looks like it came from a book. I agree it takes time to figure out what goes with what in the beginning but you only have to build up a collection of 10-15 quick meals and you are done.
I know!! Im not that bad

Anyway you have to start from scratch in oz as theres nothing interesting in the blimmin shops except tuna, tuna or more tuna.....oh and I forgot rice cakes !!!!!
Old May 4th 2008, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebiE
Hi Everyone

It's been a while so I thought it was about time I wrote a note to say how nice it is to be back in the UK.

The weather could be better but I can't expect everything to be perfect!

We have a new baby boy called Harris Coen who was born 15th Feb.
Life couldn't be better...we definitely made the right choice in coming back.

Happy to be home... Debi
Great news on baby love the name....I buy Heinz English style beans (for our Sunday Big Breakfast) and they cost $1.47!!!! daylight robbery......we certainly found it a lot cheaper (and better quality) for clothes and food then here in Perth......it seemed cheaper than when we left 10 years ago...but that's just our luck!!!!
All the Best....and nice weather and light nights will soon by on there way.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.