Going home - under sad circumstances

Old Jan 4th 2010, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going home - under sad circumstances

So sorry to hear your news
Old Jan 4th 2010, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

dreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud ofdreamchaser has much to be proud of

Thank you again to everyone, your condelences are so much appreciate.... as beautiful as Canada is, I have no connection to it.......... my heart was always in England....... and always will be.... whether I come back or not, will be debateable... god bless to you all xx
Old Jan 5th 2010, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry indeed to hear of your loss-prayers and hugs for you and your family.

I lost my Mum suddenly at age 68 almost 2 years ago-she died while I was on my way to the airport- my Dad is on his own at 78 and I yearn to go back.

I take on board EVERYTHING that you say...am working on how I can do it...have a few ends to tie up here. IN the meantime I am planning trip back in April.

Just remember the lovely things and the memories, no one can take those away from you... you will meet again one day.....

Be strong for your Mum

I feel very resentful sometimes that Canada, which is a huge disappointment to us, and our efforts to make our 7 years here work, has come between quality time I could have spent with my parents and parents in law, but you have to look past that, otherwise you become very bitter and twisted......

xx
Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Relocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud of

Sad sad news Dreamchaser....thoughts are with you and your best bet now is to be back there in UK...there you will be able to gather and press on with your life and perhaps chase a new dream in our green and pleasant land..do wish the most sincere thoughts at this sad time
Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Brit in FL is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my mother while I was on flight to Florida 5 years ago - I couldn't be there at her final moments - I can relate to how you feel.

I now have lived in Florida for about 2 years and am really feeling homesick and am debating whether to go back or not.

Take care, and deepest sympathies.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts are with you dreamchaser.

This has touched a nerve for me - as my parents are also getting on in life and I am planning on going home soon after living for the past 21 years in the US. Early in 2009 I realised my heart lay in England and now need to pull my act together and get going sooner rather than later.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

claire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really nice

So sorry to hear your news. I have been in Canada since April 2009 and my Dad died just before Christmas. It's a terrible situation.

My thoughts are with you

Claire
Old Jan 6th 2010, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear of your loss. I agree with your sentiments.

You can never get back those years you miss with your family. My Mum became ill and I could not return home she died 3years ago December27th. I had called her on Christmas Day and she was asking me when was I coming home I will always remember that. I had not see her for two years. I wish I had made the choice of going home sooner but I was trapped here in the US. I too only got to see her after she had died. A lasting regret.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 5:14 pm
Erica

Erica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to allErica is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dreamchaser
After making my decision that I was finally going home, and having started to make plans to leave.......... with great sadness I received word that my Dad had died.......... so my decision to go home, was too little too late... I never got to say goodbye to my Dad.......... so now I am leaving Canada to go and say goodbye at his funeral.

My advise to those who feel homesick, and just want to go home....... GO, DONT LEAVE IT, JUST DO IT........ dont sweat the small stuff...... if its in your heart to leave, then just do it..... over the last few years, people have told me give it time, give it time, I gave it 4 years of time........... when all along I felt I wanted to go home............ so if this sounds like you, please, dont leave it until its too late......... DO IT

Hi Dreamcatcher. I am so sorry to hear about you father, that must be heartbreaking for you. I have been struggling with the decision to leave California and go back to England so that I can be with my Mum, she is 72 now and I love her dearly and miss her around me and my kids. Your post has finally pushed me to make that decision and I think we are going to do it, even if it is for a year or two. I know that I would be devastated and never forgive myself if she died and I was not there for the last years she was here. Thank you.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 5:55 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Erica;8238575]
After making my decision that I was finally going home, and having started to make plans to leave.......... with great sadness I received word that my Dad had died.......... so my decision to go home, was too little too late... I never got to say goodbye to my Dad.......... so now I am leaving Canada to go and say goodbye at his funeral.

My advise to those who feel homesick, and just want to go home....... GO, DONT LEAVE IT, JUST DO IT........ dont sweat the small stuff...... if its in your heart to leave, then just do it..... over the last few years, people have told me give it time, give it time, I gave it 4 years of time........... when all along I felt I wanted to go home............ so if this sounds like you, please, dont leave it until its too late......... DO IT

Hi Dreamcatcher. I am so sorry to hear about you father, that must be heartbreaking for you. I have been struggling with the decision to leave California and go back to England so that I can be with my Mum, she is 72 now and I love her dearly and miss her around me and my kids. Your post has finally pushed me to make that decision and I think we are going to do it, even if it is for a year or two. I know that I would be devastated and never forgive myself if she died and I was not there for the last years she was here. Thank you.
So true. Dreamchasers post really inspired and finally have cemented our plans to go home too. I feel terribly guilty for not being there for my Mum when my Dad was dying. It was endless transatlantic calls that were so upsetting and frustrating. Once there I felt so much better. I could hold my Dad and tell him I loved him and do the same with my Mum. Precious moments. A life of beach and ski just doesn't make up for that.....This whole experience has changed my perspective on life. We can always go on holidays for sunshine and ski but day to day life is about being there for those that you love.

What a relief to finally see that. Good luck in your journey home. It feels like a long road before we'll be back there.....but hopefully it'll all fall into place. Best wishes, you and your Mum are lucky to have each other.

Last edited by lilybilly101; Jan 11th 2010 at 5:57 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:00 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shelley748
Very sorry indeed to hear of your loss-prayers and hugs for you and your family.

I lost my Mum suddenly at age 68 almost 2 years ago-she died while I was on my way to the airport- my Dad is on his own at 78 and I yearn to go back.

I take on board EVERYTHING that you say...am working on how I can do it...have a few ends to tie up here. IN the meantime I am planning trip back in April.

Just remember the lovely things and the memories, no one can take those away from you... you will meet again one day.....

Be strong for your Mum

I feel very resentful sometimes that Canada, which is a huge disappointment to us, and our efforts to make our 7 years here work, has come between quality time I could have spent with my parents and parents in law, but you have to look past that, otherwise you become very bitter and twisted......

xx
Hi Shelley 747,
I've been in Canada for 7 years too. Maybe it's the 7 year itch that we're experiencing! We're going back this year and I am really looking forward to it. I haven't worked full time in 7 years due to crappy seniority rules in teaching. It drives me bananas so we're taking the plunge and looking forward to better work prospects and more variety in life.
What area you hoping to go back to? We're thinking of Warwickshire.....

Last edited by lilybilly101; Jan 11th 2010 at 6:09 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 7:22 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

My thoughts are with you.

My Father is in his late 70's we speak a couple of times a week and skype on Sundays, we are clsoer now that I am 4500 miles away than when we lived in the same town.

While I am typing this Dad phones in tears, lost another friend to cancer
Old Jan 11th 2010, 8:57 pm
Lost in Space

Thank you again to everyone, your condelences are so much appreciate.... as beautiful as Canada is, I have no connection to it.......... my heart was always in England....... and always will be.... whether I come back or not, will be debateable... god bless to you all xx
Hi Dreamchaser,
I hope you are doing well and healing. Let's hope 2010 brings better days for you.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 9:01 pm
Lost in Space

Originally Posted by fsm
My thoughts are with you.

My Father is in his late 70's we speak a couple of times a week and skype on Sundays, we are clsoer now that I am 4500 miles away than when we lived in the same town.

While I am typing this Dad phones in tears, lost another friend to cancer
Strange how the miles can make us closer to those who are so far away.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 10:17 pm
Jedi Master

Devil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really nice

I am sorry for your loss Dreamcatcher (hugs)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.