Going home TOMORROW!!!

Old Jan 9th 2005, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

louiseinfrance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going home TOMORROW!!!

I have booked my ferry and I will be leaving France tomorrow evening and arriving back in the UK tuesday morning.

I am having dinner with my parents-in-law tonight and getting all packed tomorrow. My husband has to stay for at least 6 months to sort the dogs' paperwork out but we will be ok.

I am quite excited about going back, my family and my husbands dad and brother are all really looking forward to having me back. I will be incredibly skint for a while as i will have to send most of my wages back here for the mortgage, but i am sure i can blag a few free meals off family and friends!

I am really looking forward to getting my teeth into my mum's business and be "somebody" again, not just a waitress!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 1:23 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Going home TOMORROW!!!

Good luck Louise - I hope it all goes well for you!

Bon voyage!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 3:21 am
Just Joined

nyclady is an unknown quantity at this point

I read your other posts and I'm sure that you made the right decision...In my experience giving in to emotional blackmail leads to more of it. Hope you nipped it in the bud.
Have a safe trip.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 3:46 am
Just Joined

expat14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great stuff, wishing you all the best... I am looking forward to the day in September when i can post the message that says, 'My flight is booked' and i am on my way.......

Once again all the best...
Old Jan 10th 2005, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

louiseinfrance is an unknown quantity at this point

just getting all my stuff together now, i will be leaving to start my 4 hour drive to the ferry in a couple of hours. I am trying not to think about it too much as i will get upset about leaving my husband here alone.

I will miss my doggies too!

I suppose I am lucky to be able to go so quickly after making the decision to go home, not having to sit it out and wait. I am still feeling positive about going, i will keep you all updated when i get home
Old Jan 12th 2005, 1:24 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by louiseinfrance
just getting all my stuff together now, i will be leaving to start my 4 hour drive to the ferry in a couple of hours. I am trying not to think about it too much as i will get upset about leaving my husband here alone.

I will miss my doggies too!

I suppose I am lucky to be able to go so quickly after making the decision to go home, not having to sit it out and wait. I am still feeling positive about going, i will keep you all updated when i get home
Hey Louise - I read your other post, I think you're making the right decision.
I'm from the UK and now in Brisbane, in 2004 I spent 5 months (to the day!) apart from my Australian partner while we sorted out my visa, didn't even see him once It was hard, but you get through it. Likewise, my brothers girlf lives in Paris, and he probably only sees her once every three weeks for a long weekend. She's 18months into her 2 years there at the moment, and they're working out just fine. Keep smiling, what with catching up with everyone at home and settling back into the UK the weeks in between seeing your husband will soon fly by
Old Jan 13th 2005, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

marbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nicemarbles is just really nice

[QUOTE=louiseinfrance]:Great news, have a lovely trip home. don't worry about the dog the time will fly I had to leave my dog for 3 months before he could fly out here and it looks like he might have to wait behind for several weeks before he can make the journey home again with us, he survived and it was worth it just to have him stay with the family.
safe driving.